2021 players to keep and players to discard

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously???? Just lol Holland on 500k?? He is a fringe first grader. Cam Smith? Dreaming. Townsend 700k just lol!! Bird??? Really?

No Averilo? No wakeham? No Reimis? No To'omaga? No RFM? No Hoppa? No DWZ? One of your best Nasheed.
well Holland is on 450 atm and was offered 600 elsewhere so it's not crazy

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So many holes in this 'pointed analysis'...
For starters - in the 'let go' column: C Smith, Crichton, DWZ, Averillo, Ogden, R Smith, To'Omaga, Katoa and Hopoate are all ON CONTRACT for 2021.
But I'm sure the club will heed this advice and terminate 9 of 30 contracts early, not to mention those likely to leave at the end of 2020 (more games played or not).
I could go on, but is there any need?
You think these contracts will still be valid in 2021 after this?
You're cute.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You think these contracts will still be valid in 2021 after this?
You're cute.
Yes, just everyone is going to be on a reduced salary. Same % salary decrease across the whole game or higher end players will take a higher % decrease. NRL will be back before July imo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No one is offering Holland anymore than 300k. I doubt we'd be offering him much more than 200k if we were to keep him, which I don't think we will. He's a fringe NRL player that we've given enough time to develop into a NRL player. Time to say goodbye.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sauce??? How do you figure he is on 450k?? If we forked out 600k for JAC we would be paying overs, so there's no chance whatsoever Holland was offered that much!!!!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No one is offering Holland anymore than 300k. I doubt we'd be offering him much more than 200k if we were to keep him, which I don't think we will. He's a fringe NRL player that we've given enough time to develop into a NRL player. Time to say goodbye.
It's hard to say what he will be on next after what Pay did to him. If you asked this question two years ago most would probably be thinking the 700 range by this time but I don't think he's going to be anywhere near that at all

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed you need to stop with these bullshit threads. Your mentally disabled if you think holland is better than Hoppa. We’d be wooden spooners if you picked the team. You are hopeless

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed you need to stop with these bullshit threads. Your mentally disabled if you think holland is better than Hoppa. We’d be wooden spooners if you picked the team. You are hopeless
For all hoppa skill, how many tries does he score or line breaks he creates?

I want to be clear, I'm not saying Hoppa is a bad player. He's a great player, he's just not what we need at this point.
Tom Hanks is a great actor as we all know but could you see him as Ricky balboa? Same kinda thing.

it's all about getting the balance right. Hoppa is more suited to a team with strike around him whereas we need a striker

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He
For all hoppa skill, how many tries does he score or line breaks he creates?

I want to be clear, I'm not saying Hoppa is a bad player. He's a great player, he's just not what we need at this point.
Tom Hanks is a great actor as we all know but could you see him as Ricky balboa? Same kinda thing.

it's all about getting the balance right. Hoppa is more suited to a team with strike around him whereas we need a striker
he had most try assists for our club last year, scored a few tries, lead our run metres, one of our most consistent players. Represents his country has played state of origin. What does holland do? Kick the odd goal?
He’s nowhere near hoppas league. I’d have Harper over holland

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol re-sign foran...just lol....we have become so desperate because we cant sign anyone....if the club is seious we need a major overhaul....but the isdue is who do we replace players like napa holland crichton hopoate etc with? And we need some strike centres and
Keep:
-Everyone on contract
-Elliott
-Foran***
-Harper (depth, potential)
-Tass (depth, potential)
-Wakeham (depth, potential - depends if we keep Foran)

Let go:
-Cogger
-RFM***
-Holland
-Montoya
-Sue
-Tolman

*** = I can see going either way.

Sign:
-Friend (no other options, 2 year deal, similar to when we signed Brett Kimmorley)
-Cotric (we know Reimis isn't a centre so we actually need Cotric more than Addo-Carr, 3 year deal. If Pay persists with Reimis in the centres when the NRL resumes I think that almost confirms we've signed Addo-Carr)
-Milford (no other options, our halves are a mess when Foran isn't playing, 3 year deal. The idea of Fifita instead is growing on me tho. Foran and Fifita would be the most dangerous combination in the NRL)
-Depending on how much money we have left another one to two quality signings that will make our 17 (Addo-Carr

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who we need to go after is cotric for a centre spot. Fifita or jamil Hopoate for second row.
Not many decent halves off contract for 2021
Reed Mahoney
Francis molo
Jordan McLean.
Re-sign Harper, Elliot and wakeham

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol re-sign foran...just lol....we have become so desperate because we cant sign anyone....if the club is seious we need a major overhaul....but the isdue is who do we replace players like napa holland crichton hopoate etc with? And we need some strike centres and
Re-sign Foran on a 400-500k contract for one to two years. If we are unable to sign a Milford there is no way I want to get rid of Foran (even with signing Milford I'd keep Foran personally). I just don't see anyone that we can get to replace him and I'm not confident in the other halves we have at the club. Maybe Wakeham and Averillo will be ready in 2022 but they certainly aren't for next year (especially Averillo). Foran is still our best and most influential player. Foran has a very good combination with his second rower so sign Fifita and $?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Re-sign Foran on a 400-500k contract for one to two years. If we are unable to sign a Milford there is no way I want to get rid of Foran (even with signing Milford I'd keep Foran personally). I just don't see anyone that we can get to replace him and I'm not confident in the other halves we have at the club. Maybe Wakeham and Averillo will be ready in 2022 but they certainly aren't for next year (especially Averillo). Foran is still our best and most influential player. Foran has a very good combination with his second rower so sign Fifita and $?
Yh na, I'd much prefer going with Averillo and Wakeham as our halves than keeping Foran or splashing out big on Milford. Don't care if they're not "ready", much prefer developing them then make a big signing for the sake of a signing. Foz can stay for new minimum wage or fuck off, already made a killing off us

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He

he had most try assists for our club last year, scored a few tries, lead our run metres, one of our most consistent players. Represents his country has played state of origin. What does holland do? Kick the odd goal?
He’s nowhere near hoppas league. I’d have Harper over holland
He played origin in the past and represents 'Tonga' where they fish reserve graders to play for. I don't think that counts.

Holland has most line breaks out of any player in 2018. You cite Hoppa having try assists, I'm not sure the stat exactly but I'll take your word for it.

This is the issue for me personally.

meet need players who SCORE the tries playing centre, not guys who assist.

that's my opinion anyway. This is why I say hoppa is good, just not for us.
Hoppa would be suited in the warriors, all strike with no assistants. We have the opposite issue sorta.

So whilst I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think you are right. We need to define what roles we want our players to play without any names attached. To me that's strike power in the centre's. Our halves should be the ones with assists, not hoppa. He's a talented flaw in the setup.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
For the rest of you guys, you complain but I guarantee that side I named would poleaxe our current side.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For the rest of you guys, you complain but I guarantee that side I named would poleaxe our current side.
Not sure if that's saying much mate. The loyal blind and death association's league team could poleaxe us right now .... ;)

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Now that the seasons pretty much done. Time to think of the future on a deep strategic level and remodel our side.

Like to see your strategy on who to keep, replace and what type of player to replace with.

to keep;
Adam Elliott - A lot of potential. 2020 player of the year for us
Aiden Tolman - workhorse, offer him a cheapie. Every team needs a Tolman
Dean Britt- is improving out of sight. Cheap. Bulldogs DNA legit
Jack Cogger- stable and useful
Joe Stimson - a big guy with footwork
Josh Jackson - no introduction needed.skip
Kerrod Holland- starting to warm to this guy. 2018 attacking player of the year. Fast. Utility value. Can play every position but prop. Well behaved. In for a big 2021
Kieran Foran- our best player. Just need a more sane contract
Lachlan Lewis - love this guy. Defends like a boss and kicks like a boss.
Nick Meaney - speed and legit

to discard;
Brandon Wakeham- small and like a deer in headlights. Cogger plays his role
Chris Smith - won't be the same after the injury
Christian Crichton - lol
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - was a fan but I'm starting to see why panthers let him go. All bluster but inconsistent. Could free up a lot of money replacing him.
Isaiah Tass - lol fuck this guy
Jake Averillo - I don't see the fuss about him. Too small and slow
Marcelo Montoya - do I need to say?
Morgan Harper - small, Too similar to other players
Ofahiki Ogden - lazy
Raymond Faitala-Mariner - sideways runner
Reimis Smith- I like him, but he is lazy. I just don't think he's what we need. We need a more involved robust winger, he's a finisher only
Renouf To'omaga - dont question me
Sau Sue - our worst guy
Sione Katoa - scRaps
Will Hopoate - like mbye, ifffers a lot and nothing at the same time. Too expensive

unsure
Dylan Napa - big bopper but not always living up to expectation
JMK - can't make my mind up

players we need;
2 big units in the forward. At least one a star, the other can be a Shannon Boyd cheapie
Strike centre with size (Cotric? Bird?)
Respected half - throw some coin at a real strike half to compliment Lewis and Foran. Or cover for Foran. Townsend?
A hooker- big two year deal for cam smith. Model the rest on his game. 2.5 mil two year deal and a promise of a lower grade
Coaching gig in retirement.
fullback - a talented winger who wants a go at the back. Cotric?
Wing- someone tall. Can be a rookie
so a rough team composition is;

1. Cotric (600k)
2. Meaney (300k)
3. Bird (300k)
4. Holland (500k)
5. Younger newb/ the Souths winger (120k)
6. Foran (600k)
7. Townsend (700k)
8. Thompson (700k)
9. Cam smith (1.25)
10 Tolman (250k)
11. Britt (250k)
12. Stimson (300k)
13. Jackson (600k)
-
14. Boyd (300k)
15. Elliott (400k)
16. Napa (500k)
17. Lewis (400k)

That's a winner^ And more importantly, one that we can afford.
The other 13 can be Cogger, JMK and a bunch of newbs on min wage.

I'd consider Reimis Smith re signing if he promises to try harder on a heart to heart

Nasheed
What on Earth are you smoking mate, because you aint living on the same planet the rest of us are!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He played origin in the past and represents 'Tonga' where they fish reserve graders to play for. I don't think that counts.

Holland has most line breaks out of any player in 2018. You cite Hoppa having try assists, I'm not sure the stat exactly but I'll take your word for it.

This is the issue for me personally.

meet need players who SCORE the tries playing centre, not guys who assist.

that's my opinion anyway. This is why I say hoppa is good, just not for us.
Hoppa would be suited in the warriors, all strike with no assistants. We have the opposite issue sorta.

So whilst I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think you are right. We need to define what roles we want our players to play without any names attached. To me that's strike power in the centre's. Our halves should be the ones with assists, not hoppa. He's a talented flaw in the setup.
Tonga is a quality side, they beat Australia england New Zealand!!
And kerrod holland sure as shit did not lead the competition in line breaks! He had the the best average attacking stats for a centre only in the last 10 games of the 2018 season, the first 14 games he didn’t do shit. If you look up the stats from 2018 holland wasn’t even in the top 50 for line breaks.. reimis smith was the only bulldog in the top 50 for line breaks ranked at #25..
Line break assists 2018 kerrod holland was ranked as #50 while Hopoate was ranked #17.
Holland isn’t near as good as you think he is... he’s barely average. Only good for Canterbury cup tbh.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tonga is a quality side, they beat Australia england New Zealand!!
And kerrod holland sure as shit did not lead the competition in line breaks! He had the the best average attacking stats for a centre only in the last 10 games of the 2018 season, the first 14 games he didn’t do shit. If you look up the stats from 2018 holland wasn’t even in the top 50 for line breaks.. reimis smith was the only bulldog in the top 50 for line breaks ranked at #25..
Line break assists 2018 kerrod holland was ranked as #50 while Hopoate was ranked #17.
Holland isn’t near as good as you think he is... he’s barely average. Only good for Canterbury cup tbh.
Holland was coming off the bench until those last 10 games of the season in 2018. I'll be honest I was hoping he'd grab a starting position and actually liked the look of him a lot but obviously from what I've seen since my mind has changed regarding him. 2019 was a season from hell for Holland.