News 2021 NRL Team Previews: Canterbury Bulldogs | NRL on Nine (Video)

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad Fittler forecasts the 2021 season for the Canterbury Bulldogs.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad Fittler forecasts the 2021 season for the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Freddy Fuckhead is a useless C&%T who has never forgiven the Bulldogs for defeating the Rorters in the 2004 Grand final and spoiling the fairy tale ending to his footy career, he's always hated us, I would really loved for our dogs to get it together this year and give it to his Rorters, and I hope Flannigan has a blinder and leaves the useless shithead with egg all over his ( I love me ) dickhead face.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Freddy Fuckhead is a useless C&%T who has never forgiven the Bulldogs for defeating the Rorters in the 2004 Grand final and spoiling the fairy tale ending to his footy career, he's always hated us, I would really loved for our dogs to get it together this year and give it to his Rorters, and I hope Flannigan has a blinder and leaves the useless shithead with egg all over his ( I love me ) dickhead face.

He didnt say anything out of line in that video, 40% to make the 8 is spot on i reckon.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gees he must have taken a few knocks to the head though... could barely string 2 sentences together. Think overall though a pretty accurate description for our season. I think this year will be a building year where we might just scrap in to the finals but next year with time for combos to gel and the arrival of Burton and JAC I reckon we will give it a red hot crack

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this stage, it’s impossible to predict how we’ll go, maybe more so than any other team.

New coach, nearly new spine and players, and new structures that have yet to be seen, not to mention the much better fitness levels compared to previous years.

I’ve never been more excited for the season to start.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didnt say anything out of line in that video, 40% to make the 8 is spot on i reckon.
You could tell he just didn't seem interested in us in that clip, but any of our games that he has commentated in the past, even when we weren't travelling to badly, he has never had a positive word to say about us & he always seemed to take great pleasure when we were flogged by the Rorters especially when that other dick head ( SBW ) would always have a blinder when he played against us, It bought Freddy Fuckhead great joy. I hope we make him eat his words this season, that would bring great joy to me.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You could tell he just didn't seem interested in us in that clip, but any of our games that he has commentated in the past, even when we weren't travelling to badly, he has never had a positive word to say about us & he always seemed to take great pleasure when we were flogged by the Rorters especially when that other dick head ( SBW ) would always have a blinder when he played against us, It bought Freddy Fuckhead great joy. I hope we make him eat his words this season, that would bring great joy to me.
A fair assesment i think from freddy ,a hard draw to start the year it all depends on how we start . If we can upset a few to start the year and hit the ground running ,get our confidence on a roll then who knows,but a fair assesment around 10th would still be an awsome outcome from trent and the team

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His brain is fried from all the rack lol
I have spent some time with Freddie and he's never really gone near the stuff tbh. The Johns Bros and Brian Fletcher... Well they have given it a good go and still do!

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I didn’t think that was a bad review tbh. The dogs are a big unknown to everyone lincluding the fans. We’ve bought well but we still have yet to prove we can make it work.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure I watched the same video as most of you guys... I'd take a 40% chance of making the eight any day right now... I think Fittler was more than fair.

Last edited:

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think the perceived lack of interest is due to not liking the bulldogs, rather I think he has a self confidence issue.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
At this stage, it’s impossible to predict how we’ll go, maybe more so than any other team.

New coach, nearly new spine and players, and new structures that have yet to be seen, not to mention the much better fitness levels compared to previous years.

I’ve never been more excited for the season to start.
Spot on Mr Ditkovich.........need time for combinations to develop.....new systems and structures.....hopefully better fitness levels.....new rules.......unfortunately we have a fairly tough draw for the first 5 rounds and we need to get off to a good start. I am still a bit like you though and cannot wait to see how it all pans out......as long as there is a significant improvement on the last few years......2022 is potentially a different matter......

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fair assesment i think from freddy ,a hard draw to start the year it all depends on how we start . If we can upset a few to start the year and hit the ground running ,get our confidence on a roll then who knows,but a fair assesment around 10th would still be an awsome outcome from trent and the team
If he had said something along the lines of what you said in your post I wouldn't have been so upset at his comments because you make a lot of sense and you put the whole thing in perspective and make it sound professional & unbias, he on the other hand seemed uninterested all he seems to worry about are his Rorters & to suggest - Wakem at 5/8 ahead of Averillo, also seemed kind of negative towards Flannigan did not even mention Cotric or Heatherington or any other new players or Coaching or Conditioning staff, it just look to me like he's just dismissing the whole thing and does not rate us as a threat at all, Maybe It's because I am excited and chanting at the bits for the season to start & Freddy Fuckhead just seemed to deflate the whole thing for me. Well judging by his record of picking teams selections for NSW state of origin sides & his success rate as a coach, he can go & get stuffed cos I'm hoping TBaz & our Bulldogs will surprise a lot of our critics this year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have spent some time with Freddie and he's never really gone near the stuff tbh. The Johns Bros and Brian Fletcher... Well they have given it a good go and still do!
Next time you see him do what I do every time, point to the heart and yell “2004”, it gets him every time.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he had said something along the lines of what you said in your post I wouldn't have been so upset at his comments because you make a lot of sense and you put the whole thing in perspective and make it sound professional & unbias, he on the other hand seemed uninterested all he seems to worry about are his Rorters & to suggest - Wakem at 5/8 ahead of Averillo, also seemed kind of negative towards Flannigan did not even mention Cotric or Heatherington or any other new players or Coaching or Conditioning staff, it just look to me like he's just dismissing the whole thing and does not rate us as a threat at all, Maybe It's because I am excited and chanting at the bits for the season to start & Freddy Fuckhead just seemed to deflate the whole thing for me. Well judging by his record of picking teams selections for NSW state of origin sides & his success rate as a coach, he can go & get stuffed cos I'm hoping TBaz & our Bulldogs will surprise a lot of our critics this year.
I dont see why your getting all worked up about one persons opinion. Obviously, any bulldogs fan has invested far more time than most into what our team will look like, and how we will be coached. At the end of it all, he still rated us a a 40% chance of making the 8 as well.
In a side bote mate, the expression is, "champing at the bit". The "bit" being the piece of metal between a horses jaws that is attached to the reigns.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He says nothing wrong in his assessment . However I will be shocked if we don’t make the 8. I think we are primed to play some good footy

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont see why your getting all worked up about one persons opinion. Obviously, any bulldogs fan has invested far more time than most into what our team will look like, and how we will be coached. At the end of it all, he still rated us a a 40% chance of making the 8 as well.
In a side bote mate, the expression is, "champing at the bit". The "bit" being the piece of metal between a horses jaws that is attached to the reigns.
Sorry, I know what it means it was just a typing error, I guess I am pretty worked up about it , it's just that Freddy Fuckhead has never had anything good to say about our club and I was hoping he would have said something positive seeing that we are finally building up to being a competitive club again after all those years in the wilderness, but he looked so disinterested, and didn't have much to say about our new coaching staff, and roster, sponsors etc. and again I think he doesn't see us as a serious threat, it kind of burst my bubble a little bit,

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry, I know what it means it was just a typing error, I guess I am pretty worked up about it , it's just that Freddy Fuckhead has never had anything good to say about our club and I was hoping he would have said something positive seeing that we are finally building up to being a competitive club again after all those years in the wilderness, but he looked so disinterested, and didn't have much to say about our new coaching staff, and roster, sponsors etc. and again I think he doesn't see us as a serious threat, it kind of burst my bubble a little bit,
I hope we are a competitive club/team aswell and yes we have recruited better than previous years and we are building, but nothings proven untill the runs are on the board we've still got a lot to prove ,and not many judges or so called experts of the game are going to back us untill we probe them wrong