2021 NRL Preseason Trials - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I realise it's just reserves, but I'll get a decent look at Suaalii and Walker in their game on the weekend.
I would have thought that with Keary out for the trial this week that Walker would have gotten a run ahead of Hutchinson.

Is Robinson just trying to bring them along slowly and blood them later in the year? Or is Walker not ready yet?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have thought that with Keary out for the trial this week that Walker would have gotten a run ahead of Hutchinson.

Is Robinson just trying to bring them along slowly and blood them later in the year? Or is Walker not ready yet?
It's probably a column A/column B thing with Walker. I know they want to bring him along slowly as he's only 78kgs and they want to make sure he's ready for the rigours of first grade so yeah they'll blood him very slowly. And that was one of the reasons we moved Keary to 7 for 2021 so Walker can be blooded at 6 and won't have the responsibility of running the team around. That way we can give him a run, take him out and it shouldn't disrupt the team too much.

I'm pretty sure this decision (Keary to 7 and Lam/Walker to 6) was made late last year and that's why we let Flannagan go. Hutch is more a fill in for either imo and won't feature in the halves rotation unless injury dictates.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where the fuck is our team announcement

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters beat Tigers in their trial. The Roosters had some ex Bulldogs in Brad Abbey, Tom Carr, Josh Bergamin and Marschke brothers (who originally played for their 20s anyways)
I wondered where Abbey ended up

Can’t believe we paid him 300k reportedly before he even played FG

Kid didn’t kick on here or at Canberra from the potential shown in Warriors 20s

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wondered where Abbey ended up

Can’t believe we paid him 300k reportedly before he even played FG

Kid didn’t kick on here or at Canberra from the potential shown in Warriors 20s
Yeah I know man I was fooled into thinking he had whatever 'it' was back when he started lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Teams updated.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Drag queens are getting a lesson. They are poor and people who have said they are contenders for wooden spoon may not be far off the mark. Cody Walker hat trick after 23 minutes. Now lead 20-zero...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dane Gagai blatant double movement
Would have been pinged every other time....Souths have their second stringers on for the most part but the Drag queens still with a fair few top players on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson says Corey Horsburgh must learn to harness his passion after the firebrand forward was placed on report in two separate trials on Saturday.

The prop, who was playing his first games since suffering a foot injury in round seven last year, made an impactful return in Canberra's NSW Cup and NRL trials against North Sydney and the Roosters respectively.

However he landed himself in hot water for shoulder charges in each match, one being on Adam Keighran at the death of the first-grade hit-out won 26-20 by the Roosters.

Horsburgh was already unlikely to play in round one after coach Ricky Stuart said he and Corey Harawira-Naera had seriously jeopardised their spots following separate off-season drink-driving incidents.

Hodgson, who brilliantly returned from his knee injury against the Roosters, backed Horsburgh to mature on the field.

"He reminds me of myself when I was a little bit younger, probably a little bit more [aggressive] than I was," he said of the 23-year-old.

"He just wears his heart on his sleeve, and probably sometimes it just gets the better of him. He's such a good lad.

"As you can tell, sometimes his emotions get the better of him, and that's something he's got to manage as a footy player. You don't want to be spending too much time on the sidelines.

"Hopefully his reports aren't too bad. I didn't really catch them, but I heard he had two. We'll have a look in the week."

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The poor dragons

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the appointment of Griffin would/will see a bump in the Dragons on field play but I don't see much quality in their pack... I cannot imagine they play finals this year

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights of Roosters trial. Sam Walker looked pretty good, has great vision and isn't afraid to quickly shift the ball with a clean cut out pass.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lolllll merge.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights of Roosters trial. Sam Walker looked pretty good, has great vision and isn't afraid to quickly shift the ball with a clean cut out pass.
His second touch of the ball was a right to left that cut out two players and hit the centre on the chest and made my jaw do the same. His lead up play for his try was also top notch. I can see him getting more game time as the season rolls on.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag queens are getting a lesson. They are poor and people who have said they are contenders for wooden spoon may not be far off the mark. Cody Walker hat trick after 23 minutes. Now lead 20-zero...
They have lost every trial game, even the Sharks beat them. They are looking like specials for the spoon.