News 2021 NRL Premiership Market

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not exactly saying we are favorites for the spoon. its saying we are the least likely to win the premiership... not too concerned about that as I give the boys really no chance of winning the premiership next year, Next year the goal is to compete and make the 8, and maybe win our first final game. . players will be too inexperienced even if they made the GF ... but I think 2022 could be closer . I would expect that when the odds does get released for the wooden spoon we are not the favorites. I'm thinking Tigers.... but we could have a surprise with the Sharks...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The odds are probably fair enough at the moment. If we dont make any more signings for next year our squad will still be one of the weaker ones.

But I think we are all pretty confident that more signings will be made so the odds will change to reflect that.

Out of those odds I reckon the raiders at $10 is the value. They got screwed over with the travelling this year and lost their best player half way through the season.

Warriors and sharks are the ones I reckon will really struggle next year

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much the way I see it judging off our current roster. I gotta say I’d be very disheartened if we don’t make the 8 after the years of pain, even though our squad is pretty piss poor on paper.
I’m really expecting nothing less than semi finals for the next ten years at least. People forget we’re the Bulldogs. The most successful club since 1980 til now. Maybe all this pain will unleash the beast and we can be even more dominant than we once were. Just absolutely ruthless, winning comps every 2-3 years and there about’s the other years.
Melbourne should not be the pinnacle of the NRL we should be.
Fuck Brisbane, Fuck the Roosters and Fuck Melbourne. We need to be the absolute rulers.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wooden spoon market is different to premiership...... think we will need to load up on the top 8 market. IMO sharks will be close to wooden spoon next year

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll be having a few bucks on both us and the
broncos to make the 8. Brisbane won’t have as bad a year as last and people forget they flogged Souths round 1. We are a Sneaky top 8 chance.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wooden spoon market is different to premiership...... think we will need to load up on the top 8 market. IMO sharks will be close to wooden spoon next year
Yeah but going off logic it would be fair to assume that we are also spoon favourites from the Premiership market.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What odds you got us at @bradyk :grinning:
Is $67 overs?
It depends if we get a good hooker and hopefully a couple other decent signings (if you think we will then I'd suggest jumping on that we'll make the eight now). As we currently sit I have to agree we're favourites for the wooden spoon whatever price that may be. I honestly can't pick us over any other roster and a lot of the bottom teams also changed coach and adding to their roster too (not as much as us). As you know I line up my expectations with where we're in the betting, we also know that there are outliers every season, hopefully we're one of them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It depends if we get a good hooker and hopefully a couple other decent signings (if you think we will then I'd suggest jumping on that we'll make the eight now). As we currently sit I have to agree we're favourites for the wooden spoon whatever price that may be. I honestly can't pick us over any other roster and a lot of the bottom teams also changed coach and adding to their roster too (not as much as us). As you know I line up my expectations with where we're in the betting, we also know that there are outliers every season, hopefully we're one of them.
Fair enough. I’d have us at $40-50 prior to Round 1 based on the recruitment I’m expecting & $30-40 if a couple of other things come off

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less about the market and booking agencies,a bunch of frauds.
Things are on the up for our great club ,Trent Barret plus these new recruits have instilled faith again.
I am personally pumped for next season ( prediction top 8 )
The board saga is behind us which is excellent and an association with a real sponsor
Just a few more good players to arrive & we are set to go.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with B. M the cows will come close to the spoon