2021 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there were two knocks on Bellamy --> that he had star studded teams and the Storm breached the cap... and he has continued to be competitive and to win after the cap breaches were discovered and he lost great player after great player
Yep, I thought it was all Cam Smith, Slater and Cronk, but I was wrong. Although I still believe they get help from the NRL as the NRL need them to stay competitive to fit the narrative of a national competition and compete against AFL. But regardless, Bellamy is the best coach in the NRL by a country mile.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith got a penalty for Nathan Cleary getting tackled almost immediately after kicking the ball and Ivan Cleary believes Wayne Bennett influenced the refs and it should be stopped by the league... you f*+#ing whinging loser

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bellamy will finish his career with more success.

I don't believe origin matters when comparing coaches
True, but it’s still success either way. I’m no arguing either way, there both legends but Bennett has done a lot too mate. If I was after a coach for 3 years Bennett hands down. Yet a long term coach Bellamy for sure

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait... Saturday night football with 2 games decided by 1 and 6 points respectively, no sin bins, no send offs, excitement, quality, anticipation etc.

what did I watch again?
There was a sin bin btw... Tit player at around 10 minutes in. Was soft too.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bellamy will finish his career with more success.

I don't believe origin matters when comparing coaches
Technically he has won 3 premierships at one club, so you are banking on him winning 5 more and at least one of those at another club??

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, but it’s still success either way. I’m no arguing either way, there both legends but Bennett has done a lot too mate. If I was after a coach for 3 years Bennett hands down. Yet a long term coach Bellamy for sure

Yeah i get what youre saying

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Technically he has won 3 premierships at one club, so you are banking on him winning 5 more and at least one of those at another club??

Winning a premiership at another club proves nothing imo. If you can stay at a club long term and consistently win premierships then kudos

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a sin bin btw... Tit player at around 10 minutes in. Was soft too.
sh*t... there was, too... denying a try scoring opportunity... Tyrone Peachey... still, it was good to watch some older school rugby league and not V'landys ball

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Penrith we’re beat fair and square no issue with the referring if anything Penrith got a bullshit penalty for the Cleary tackle. South’s vs manly I reckon in two weeks should be a good match that one.