2021 Final 4 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shame the games not going to be in Sydney. Two Sydney teams, would have been a great spectacle. Glad it’s not Storm again. I’ve enjoyed watching them during the year, yet thought were extremely grubby today. I hate souths, but would be happy for Reynolds to go out a winner. I actually like Bennett too. Penrith I’d be happy also to see win.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I refuse to have any part in this
That's fine, you don't have to. Spurred on by the display of halfback dominance in the GF, Barrett will get into Flanagan's ear during the off season and he'll be starting halfback round 1, guiding the team around, same systems as this season.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Souths played a one man team and that one man didn't fire
Lol excuses, excuses. I think if you look back on the percentage of teams who have earned the bye and gone on to win the prelim, you’ll find it is an advantage. Melbourne came up against a side they couldn’t dominate and weren’t good enough under pressure. Nothing to do with the week off.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Panic? Lol after 19 straight wins? Another great insight.
Lol, if you’re going to try to get snarky, make sure you get the point of what the other oerson is saying. The majority of those wins, they blew the opposition away. They haven’t had many close games this year and every time they have been on an arm wrestle, they have looked vulnerable. Parra put them on show a few weeks out from the finals. They were always going to struggle against a full strength Penrith, 19 wins or not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why didn't Staines play? @Dogmonster should we sign him if he's on the out??????

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, if you’re going to try to get snarky, make sure you get the point of what the other oerson is saying. The majority of those wins, they blew the opposition away. They haven’t had many close games this year and every time they have been on an arm wrestle, they have looked vulnerable. Parra put them on show a few weeks out from the finals. They were always going to struggle against a full strength Penrith, 19 wins or not.
Melbourne didnt choke. Penrifbwere just a lot better.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Melbourne didnt choke. Penrifbwere just a lot better.
I wouldn’t say they choked, but they dropped a lot of ball. They had their chances …. They do get a bit rattled when a team stands up to them. Penrith had a lot more tight arm wrestles this year. They were more battle hardened. I think that experience is what allowed them to handle the situation a little better…. Although they did make their share of mistakes too. The defence of both teams was excellent.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say they choked, but they dropped a lot of ball. They had their chances …. They do get a bit rattled when a team stands up to them. Penrith had a lot more tight arm wrestles this year. They were more battle hardened. I think that experience is what allowed them to handle the situation a little better…. Although they did make their share of mistakes too. The defence of both teams was excellent.
Worst performance of the year for them BUT probably would of still won if the didn't lose Cheese and Welsh early.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Worst performance of the year for them BUT probably would of still won if the didn't lose Cheese and Welsh early.
Unlikely, IMO. Penrith had them rattled from the opening minute and were well on top by the time Welch and Smith hot injured.

Pentith are just a much better team when it comes down to a scrap. Melbourne don’t like being in a contest.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Unlikely, IMO. Penrith had them rattled from the opening minute and were well on top by the time Welch and Smith hot injured.

Pentith are just a much better team when it comes down to a scrap. Melbourne don’t like being in a contest.
Don't forget 2 disallowed tries for them too. (I think it was 2, can't remember)

But I agree with them not liking a contest.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don't forget 2 disallowed tries for them too. (I think it was 2, can't remember)

But I agree with them not liking a contest.
2? I only remember the asofa Solomona one… and I think that was fair enough given the way they have interpreted the rule all year. Finucane over committed to that decoy run. What was the other one? Was it early on? I missed the start.

in any case, I just had a feeling. They have cruises through most of the season. I kinda expected if they got into a dogfight, they’d gone out on the wrong side of it.