Official 2021 Draw

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez that is a brutal start, I just hope people don't expect more than 1 or 2 in our first 5.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only play , donkeys, storm , cowboys, eagles once, not a bad draw really.. TOP 8 for sure.!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only the Broncos have been voted as having a harder draw then we have.

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS - 15th

Games played against -

Top eight: 13

Top four: 6

Bottom eight: 11

Bottom four: 4

Who they play twice: Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Tigers

It is always going to be a hard ask for the Bulldogs given how low they finished on the ladder last week. But they have been given little help with 13 games against top-eight teams (second-most) and 11 against bottom-eight sides (second-fewest). The Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs and Storm are all up in the opening five rounds for the Bulldogs.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got a game against dragons down here in Wollongong 5 mins from my house after 6 years of not playing at win and that got fucked over by Covid and couldn’t get in to watch it Now they go back to Kogarah next season. That shits me.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the Broncos have been voted as having a harder draw then we have.

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS - 15th

Games played against -

Top eight: 13

Top four: 6

Bottom eight: 11

Bottom four: 4

Who they play twice: Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Tigers

It is always going to be a hard ask for the Bulldogs given how low they finished on the ladder last week. But they have been given little help with 13 games against top-eight teams (second-most) and 11 against bottom-eight sides (second-fewest). The Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs and Storm are all up in the opening five rounds for the Bulldogs.
Yeah, but of course the lower teams from last yr are going to have a harder draw because they couldn't beat anybody. Teams like Penrith and Melbourne are going to have an easier draw no matter who they play because they are the top teams so no point ranking teams draws

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Only 6 games at ANZ.
Making the Gold Membership look less and less attractive apart from SOO/GF and maybe one or two other events. Might have to reconsider options...
5 x ANZ (Home)
4 x BW (Home)
1 x PER, 1 x BNE, 1 x BEL (Home)
Of 12 away, 7 in Sydney (1 x ANZ, 1 x BW)
Overall 11 games in Sydney with relatively easy access as a Bulldogs member - so better value in being a full Bulldogs member than ANZ/Bulldogs split membership as I’ve done previously. Luck of the draw (sorry :-)).
They will call me again and I will give them the same answer, 4 games at Wankwest is totally unappealing to me. AND Hill promised more games at ANZ, 1 more seriously, not good enough.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They will call me again and I will give them the same answer, 4 games at Wankwest is totally unappealing to me. AND Hill promised more games at ANZ, 1 more seriously, not good enough.

Go Dogs
I know in speaking to a board member that they weren’t happy with the ANZ renovation being canned but they are stuck in a contract and given BW/ANZ are the same management company this appears to be whatever deal they could strike. Not optimal for me but I’ll still go to as many games as I can - BW is a good stadium to watch games despite it being where it is.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I know in speaking to a board member that they weren’t happy with the ANZ renovation being canned but they are stuck in a contract and given BW/ANZ are the same management company this appears to be whatever deal they could strike. Not optimal for me but I’ll still go to as many games as I can - BW is a good stadium to watch games despite it being where it is.
I think we have had this discussion before, my designated seat at Belmore is far superior to my designated seat at Wankwest. My seat at ANZ is no better or no worse than my seat at Wankwest. In my case (and it's all about me, me, me of course ;););)) both Belmore and ANZ are far better than Wankwest in all forms of transport, public or private.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think we have had this discussion before, my designated seat at Belmore is far superior to my designated seat at Wankwest. My seat at ANZ is no better or no worse than my seat at Wankwest. In my case (and it's all about me, me, me of course ;););)) both Belmore and ANZ are far better than Wankwest in all forms of transport, public or private.

Go Dogs
Yeah we have. I’m not going to blow up my membership over BW though - the fact is we’re locked into a contract with the NSW Government and even though they’ve reneged on the ANZ re-furb there simply aren’t many credible alternatives, so for me it’s about best balancing my membership(s) with the reality of where the games are being played. The Bulldogs are what matter most to me in the end.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I think we have a fairly good draw. Can see us making the top 8 given our opponents.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it's possible to win somewhere between 8 and 14 games next season (that's factoring in signing 2-3 more players for 2021, depending on whether Burton is released early or not). I'll probably be expecting the prior (and that's probably still due to heart). We won 10 games in 2019 (which I believe was a lot better than expected, we had a really good backend run) and 3 wins in 2020 in a reduced season. If we win less than 8 games it's much the same and the roster still isn't good enough.

Chooky4Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Finally got a game against dragons down here in Wollongong 5 mins from my house after 6 years of not playing at win and that got fucked over by Covid and couldn’t get in to watch it Now they go back to Kogarah next season. That shits me.
Just as well you didn't get in and see them throw the game away.