2021 Captain

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have changed coach and hopefully he brings a good support staff and they work the players hard in the off season to get them fit, they are so far behind other teams that they can only play good for about 15 minutes and then the looked gassed.

We can blame Pay and SG for the poor selections, the bad game plans but the players need to take some responsibility for the poor execution and half hearted efforts. I am tired of seeing players who don't even seem to try getting rewarded with being picked ( Montoya and Smith are the two standouts).

But what is pissing me off on game day is the lack of leadership and direction. I liked Josh Jackson, a loyal club man but he is not a strong enough leader. I good captain would have been tearing strips off some of these lazy efforts in defence.

I have no suggestions so what are your thoughts on who should be captain next year? Do we stick with Jackson? I really cant think of anyone else who can take on that role.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson stays as captain. The only other two options are Hopoate and Elliott. I don't think Elliott is ready for that role either.
I like your thinking in regards to elliot, I think he would go alright.

Regardless we need someone who is going to speak up.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No real ideas for captain besides Jacko.. but whoever it is needs to stop wasting the captains call.
DWZ is the Shane Watson of captains challenges

In regards to next years captain I don’t think it matters that much. The panthers have Tamou as captain and he doesn’t say much .

The main thing is to try and develop leaders and a good culture. We have plenty of work to do

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ is the Shane Watson of captains challenges

In regards to next years captain I don’t think it matters that much. The panthers have Tamou as captain and he doesn’t say much .

The main thing is to try and develop leaders and a good culture. We have plenty of work to do
Yeah Jimmy does set the benchmark with his work ethic and helping to laying the platform though so you can lead without necessarily talking a lot. You would think DWZ would just give up after so many wrong calls... I can’t believe how bad he is going.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't care who is captain as long as it isn't Jackson.

He isn't vocal with his teammates, he doesn't lead by example and lift his team on the field, he never challenges the refs and is maybe the worst captain's challenger in the comp. He's been captain for several years now and clearly it isn't working for him or the team so it's time to find someone else..

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson should remain captain, play lock and for about 50-60 mins a game. He’s been used wrong at the moment and it’s killing his game.
Yep people weren’t real happy with Waddell signing but he is better than Jacko on an edge

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care who is captain as long as it isn't Jackson.

He isn't vocal with his teammates, he doesn't lead by example and lift his team on the field, he never challenges the refs and is maybe the worst captain's challenger in the comp. He's been captain for several years now and clearly it isn't working for him or the team so it's time to find someone else..
I thought that Thompson may have been bought with the intension of making him captain, hopefully he proves to be the player we were dreaming of, just like Jammar, then the C would have been his, because the way he's been playing lately, I doubt Jackson will last out his contract,

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Mitch that Jackson is a lock. He has been consistently played out of position like the rest of the stupid selections.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa should be captain. He is already a leader within the group. He has the respect of the team, officials and the game. The captaincy has weighed heavy on Jackson. IMO he has not been the same player since

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Go outside and sign a leader. There isn’t a single player in our squad deserving of the captaincy.