2020 Round 4 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok so in case anyone here wasn't aware... that 58-0 flogging the Broncs copped from the Eels last year in the finals was their biggest ever loss. Key word... was. The Keary field goal right on the halftime buzzer set a new record.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or do roosters run off the line before the ball touches the ground at the ruck. They seem to be a few steps ahead of the play. But because they come forward in a line it’s not evident.

I don’t watch the roosters play ever, but there was nothing better on so I flicked it on. Never seen a ball played 10 out and the defence meet the player with the ball as soon as he gets it. Do they ever get penalised for in the 10?
If you did watch us play you would see that we get two in the tackle and try and drive the ball carrier back 1-2 meters. That might not seem like a big gain, but that is 1-2 meters eleven other players do not have to retreat. That 1-2 meters gives us another 1-2 secs to get ready to rush the next ball, saves player energy, intimidates the opposition and builds confidence. Do that over the course of 30 sets of tackles and it's not hard to see why our defence is so effective.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Happy times in Bronco land...because they got flogged the players did not want to go to the presser....it is compulsory and if a loss was all it took to not go we would not have a player there for most of the season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/seibol...-staggering-claim-after-59-0-thrashing_050620

There was no shortage of critics after Brisbane experienced their worst loss in club history for the second time in five NRL games on Thursday night.

But coach Anthony Seibold said it was too early to judge his battered side after their humiliating 59-0 defeat by a rampant Sydney Roosters due to their long list of sidelined stars.

The Broncos were so embarrassed post-game that Seibold claimed players couldn't even look at their teammates after being "bullied" in the 10-try romp that he described as "men against boys".

Players couldn't even face the media, opting not to attend the post match press conference despite being obligated to do so under NRL guidelines.

But it will be hard to avoid the scathing criticism of the loss, with some of the game's greats queuing up to bag them.

Immortal Andrew Johns labelled them "soft".

Queensland great Paul Vautin said they were "diabolical".

Sensing the backlash to come, Seibold took full responsibility just like he did at their last record defeat not so long ago - a 58-0 finals loss to Parramatta last year.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players couldn't even face the media, opting not to attend the post match press conference despite being obligated to do so under NRL guidelines.

But it will be hard to avoid the scathing criticism of the loss, with some of the game's greats queuing up to bag them.
Fuck the obligations.

We can just say, all players are getting medical treatments for lack of ticker.

They club should have turned the water off & let the players go home stinking

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey @Kaz what are your thoughts on the Broncos woes? I'm not giving you a hard time, I mean look our side, but something is really not right at red hill. Regardless of all the injuries you still have some great players in your squad.
I don't think the new rules are good for my side.

I think the days of a huge pack are numbered.

Before the comp stopped the Broncos were on fire, now we are shit.

Once you get a few 6 agains, your team can be fucked.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

It's because you played 2 of the top 3 teams after the break. Eels beat you 58-0 in the finals last year under the old rules. Your spine and backs are terrible. Your coach needs to grow some balls and drop Boyd.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree in part, but I think there's more to it then that. You scraped into the finals last year, and then you were anhialated by the Eels. Your worst ever loss. Until last night.
I feel for you to be honest. That's tough. We are shit right now, have been for a few years, but you guys are even worse at the moment in my opinion, because your squad is so much better.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree in part, but I think there's more to it then that. You scraped into the finals last year, and then you were anhialated by the Eels. Your worst ever loss. Until last night.
I feel for you to be honest. That's tough. We are shit right now, have been for a few years, but you guys are even worse at the moment in my opinion, because your squad is so much better.
It could be worse, we could be Titans supporters.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
If you did watch us play you would see that we get two in the tackle and try and drive the ball carrier back 1-2 meters. That might not seem like a big gain, but that is 1-2 meters eleven other players do not have to retreat. That 1-2 meters gives us another 1-2 secs to get ready to rush the next ball, saves player energy, intimidates the opposition and builds confidence. Do that over the course of 30 sets of tackles and it's not hard to see why our defence is so effective.
Aka: offside.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The two quickest most open games so far with the new rules featured the Broncos.

Lodge, and forwards like him will need to do something different - liability in defence

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton's in everything

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I swear if that wasn't Cam Smith who dropped it, It would've been ruled as a knock on...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fans at home are sad sacks.

They will do anything to be on TV.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bellamy should get JAC off... he’s clearly not well.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
referees helping the souths stay in the game with that fake no try decision