2020 recruitment

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't that long ago everybody thought Meany was too small and didn't bring the ball back hard enough.

So the Dogs buy the Kiwi captain play him at fullback, he is bigger and stronger and brings the ball back with vigour.

Now some want Meany at FB and DWZ on the wing.

I just don't get it.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasn't that long ago everybody thought Meany was too small and didn't bring the ball back hard enough.

So the Dogs buy the Kiwi captain play him at fullback, he is bigger and stronger and brings the ball back with vigour.

I just don't get it.
Don't try to understand what happens on The Kennel, it will make you go mad.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I just don't get it.
C'mon mate.... the best coaches in the country all live right here. Lightning Ridge has the best opal, Ballarat has the best gold and the Kennel is "Diamonds" for coaches, just ask us...? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frizz is a great player I wont dispute that
Mculogh is old and broke, Ben Teo is 34, doubt he can play like he did 6 years ago
Rapana Has 2 years in him at most. And hes going back to his old club, probabley had a clause upon leaving too
ok So will you criticise our club and coach if they sign Mculough?..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I just don't get it.
Agree, he’s had a shaky start with his hands but that’s a fullbacks life, he was down in confidence after the Parra game. In most of those errors, he received next to zero help from his wingers in protection...

No one complained last year when his arrival turned our season around and was one our best week-in-week-out.

If anything, we are crying out for a quality half and a hooker.

On a side-note, Pay needs to find a starting spot somewhere for Averillo, he’s a gun! He’s played in almost every backline position this year and impressed in all of them.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would he sign with Newcastle and not us straight away. We have cap space for this year. Doesn’t make sense atall prob another stupid rumour made up. Either way still not the star power we need. We need some X factors in the back line... Bateman will be a handy signing if we can get him

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would he sign with Newcastle and not us straight away. We have cap space for this year. Doesn’t make sense atall prob another stupid rumour made up. Either way still not the star power we need. We need some X factors in the back line... Bateman will be a handy signing if we can get him
Seems like more a smokescreen if you ask me. Don’t think Pay is that retarded to sign him for that long

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I just don't get it.
Lol Meaney.. im not here to bag him hes young.. he still has to establish him in FG let alone Fullback..

DWZ > Meaney anyday of the week

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The board will need to dig into their pockets if we want quality for 2021,
Nothing comes cheap and by the sounds of things it’s quite a competitive market
I’m waiting with baited breath.
Agreed. It would be naive to think that we will get players here on family values and past glories. Without blue and white goggles on, I dont see much of a draw card. I think its fine to pay extras now if the prospect has years ahead of them and is a gun in key positions we've been lacking so long. Someone that could potentially be with us for years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, he’s had a shaky start with his hands but that’s a fullbacks life, he was down in confidence after the Parra game. In most of those errors, he received next to zero help from his wingers in protection...

No one complained last year when his arrival turned our season around and was one our best week-in-week-out.

If anything, we are crying out for a quality half and a hooker.

On a side-note, Pay needs to find a starting spot somewhere for Averillo, he’s a gun! He’s played in almost every backline position this year and impressed in all of them.
I absolutely complained. Not. A. Fullback.

Fucking shit ****

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol Meaney.. im not here to bag him hes young.. he still has to establish him in FG let alone Fullback..

DWZ > Meaney anyday of the week
On the wing yes at fullback no. We've seen peek DWZ at fullback he will not get any better.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who will be our Marquee million dollar man next year assuming we don't re-sign Foran?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who will be our Marquee million dollar man next year assuming we don't re-sign Foran?
the board supporters circle jerk committee are targeted Jarryd Hayne to compliment the astute signing of Andrew Mccollough

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ has plenty of speed, plenty of passion, a great engine and... terrible hands under pressure. Always did have. Sorry, that’s a fact.

Definitely want him in our side, a fantastic winger.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would we need to be active in the player market?..

We have no celery cap space until 2028.. and we didnt lose players like Stimson, CHN and JO for the season..

Why would we need to sign any players..

Have trust in Lynne.. she knows what shes doing.. Shes Bullfrogs daughter and was a raging success at the Titans..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why would we need to be active in the player market?..

We have no celery cap space until 2028.. and we didnt lose players like Stimson, CHN and JO for the season..

Why would we need to sign any players..

Have trust in Lynne.. she knows what shes doing.. Shes Bullfrogs daughter and was a raging success at the Titans..
I’ve just notified the club that I won’t be renewing my membership due to their mismanagement in lack of available celery. How the board could possibly think any salad is complete without it is unjustified.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DWZ has plenty of speed, plenty of passion, a great engine and... terrible hands under pressure. Always did have. Sorry, that’s a fact.

Definitely want him in our side, a fantastic winger.
Similar to Barba he turned out alright. Barba was probably worse initially imo.
Unless we sign someone if the calibre of RTS,Ponga or Turbo he’s the best option for this year and next, unless Averillo gets a shot and can impress.
Hopefully he can improve in the catching department totally agree.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Similar to Barba he turned out alright. Barba was probably worse initially imo.
Unless we sign someone if the calibre of RTS,Ponga or Turbo he’s the best option for this year and next, unless Averillo gets a shot and can impress.
Hopefully he can improve in the catching department totally agree.
I think because he had that X factor many people forget how shit under the bomb Barba was, half the time he would let them bounce instead of trying to catch it..