2020 memberships

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes and I absolutely hated it, I was there for Canterbury Cup Grand Final, took me over an hour to get on the bus to the station. Then over an hour and half to get home after 2 train changes and another bus. Since then I have checked out my supposed Bulldogs Members seat and it is ~10 metres further away from centre field than my equivalent seat at Belmore. Sure it's a nice stadium but nowhere remotely near "nice" enough to compensate for it's location.

Go Dogs
I'm quite surprised. You're the first person I've talked to who said they hated it.

I go there for Wanderers games all the time and I love it. Except that I have to enter Parramatta leagues club and spend money to get cheap parking. And I had to become a Parramatta leagues club member. I just have to shower 3 times a day to wash the dirt off me.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can pay a additional $40 on top of your membership to get a bus from the Leagues Club to every home game and back for the entire season.

That could a lot of problems for the people whinging about extra travel time and train changes.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised. You're the first person I've talked to who said they hated it.
I go there for Wanderers games all the time and I love it. Except that I have to enter Parramatta leagues club and spend money to get cheap parking. And I had to become a Parramatta leagues club member. I just have to shower 3 times a day to wash the dirt off me.
Oh, don't get me wrong it's a magnificent stadium, it's just in a shit location for me transport wise. You're stronger than me, I couldn't even contemplate paying those scumbags $1.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You can pay a additional $40 on top of your membership to get a bus from the Leagues Club to every home game and back for the entire season.
That could a lot of problems for the people whinging about extra travel time and train changes.
Lat year I thought it was $10 return for each home game, so the 4 Parramatta games (not "the entire season") would be $40. Which is not a bad option, but it's still ~3 times the travel time since I have to go to and from Belmore to catch the supporters bus anyway. Maybe 10 to 15 minutes faster for me than the public transport train and bus shuffle, which is free with the game ticket. Maybe a one off, but for the Penrith game last year I had to stand around for almost an hour after the game to get a seat on the bus. Multiple connections can get complex.

Go Dogs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Another factor I don't see mentioned is the NRL influence. How many fans are now beyond the "over it" factor with regards to the NRL always looking after the Rorters and Souths and these clubs able to sign every fukin player no matter what the price tag. The way they treat the low clubs and how they have fuk all chance of getting any better. Some clubs have a team full of Rep stars with no questions asked while others can't buy any yet are questioned everytime they try? Ridiculous rule changes that destroy the fabric of the game. I think this sport is dying and unless something's done yesterday it will horribly crash in the not too distant future. In a way I can't wait for this to happen, this sport needs a dramatic correction like Super league. Next TV deal might be the showing tell on how backwards the current dictators have shit the bed. This situation might be showing with membership numbers for people who just don't care anymore and can't afford the emotional link they once had for this great game. Everyone is a whore, contracts mean nothing, discipline is made up on the spot and the product is crap. Last great era was the mid 90's.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Another factor I don't see mentioned is the NRL influence. How many fans are now beyond the "over it" factor with regards to the NRL always looking after the Rorters and Souths and these clubs able to sign every fukin player no matter what the price tag. The way they treat the low clubs and how they have fuk all chance of getting any better. Some clubs have a team full of Rep stars with no questions asked while others can't buy any yet are questioned everytime they try? Ridiculous rule changes that destroy the fabric of the game. I think this sport is dying and unless something's done yesterday it will horribly crash in the not too distant future. In a way I can't wait for this to happen, this sport needs a dramatic correction like Super league. Next TV deal might be the showing tell on how backwards the current dictators have shit the bed. This situation might be showing with membership numbers for people who just don't care anymore and can't afford the emotional link they once had for this great game. Everyone is a whore, contracts mean nothing, discipline is made up on the spot and the product is crap. Last great era was the mid 90's.
You're right, plus it's cumulative, 1 or 2 apparently biased NRL decisions can be overlooked but not when it goes on and on for years. Where almost every decision goes against us, be it getting prompt recompense for Foran or getting screwed on home games, it all adds up. Even fanatical supporters get peeeeed off eventually and take their passion, money and time elsewhere.

Go Dogs

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're right, plus it's cumulative, 1 or 2 apparently biased NRL decisions can be overlooked but not when it goes on and on for years. Where almost every decision goes against us, be it getting prompt recompense for Foran or getting screwed on home games, it all adds up. Even fanatical supporters get peeeeed off eventually and take their passion, money and time elsewhere.

Go Dogs
Yep, I just dont have the passion I used to, this game is being killed slowly and no one is seemingly doing anything about it. Its a feeling of helplessness

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I'm not convinced 3 showers a day would get that blue and gold muck off anyone - ugh.
The only slightly negative thing I'd say about BW is if your seats are up high the stairs are really steep and it feels like a marathon just getting up there (or maybe I'm not fit enough :-))
Other than that - great stadium for watching footy and as a BW customer I also get discounts on food and drink which is an added bonus :-)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yep, I just dont have the passion I used to, this game is being killed slowly and no one is seemingly doing anything about it. Its a feeling of helplessness
That's exactly what I'm saying mate. I couldn't care less anymore, I'm hanging on by a thread to the game. I use to scan the paper everyday for a Dogs article, bought both footy mags every week and a jersey leading up to every finals series. If we lost I would prefer not to talk about it for days. The people in charge aren't actual fans of the sport, it's all about raping the system for every dollar. We need another competitor to come in and start a alternate competition as the NRL is rotten and if you were to cut away the shit their would be nothing left to save.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why, what's wrong with this????

gettyimages-703286-1024x1024.jpg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm saying mate. I couldn't care less anymore, I'm hanging on by a thread to the game. I use to scan the paper everyday for a Dogs article, bought both footy mags every week and a jersey leading up to every finals series. If we lost I would prefer not to talk about it for days. The people in charge aren't actual fans of the sport, it's all about raping the system for every dollar. We need another competitor to come in and start a alternate competition as the NRL is rotten and if you were to cut away the shit their would be nothing left to save.
I'd like to see what Peter V'landys achieves as NRL Commission Chairman. Peter Beattie was useless in my view but V'landys as CEO of Racing NSW was very hands on and did some good stuff there.
Who knows - just like John Grant got rid of David Gallop maybe V'landys will shake the place up once he gets a good view on things.
Super League was disastrous for the sport and was only ever about the then new Pay-TV industry to Australia. So I don't think a competitor is a good idea and also don't see what leverage they'd have.
Nothing like a broom put through the place for sure though - that would likely help.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
heard this years pack comes with a Walkman, a mixed tape (made by Lynne herself), a VHS tape of Alf season 1, a couple of slap bands and some hair spray...…….Lynne said she hopes it get the kids out of the video arcades, roller rinks etc and back out to the footy also there'll be a fan day announced so make sure you have plenty of film in the camera for some snaps with the players #bringbacktheeighties

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People complain about parking at a Belmore, Parramatta is so much worse. Not a big deal but it’s 20 minutes additional drive compared to Belmore and 15 compared to ANZ. There’s a 15 minute walk from public transport. For me it’s 3 changes of public transport, Belmore and ANZ are none. In total I would spend more time travelling than watching the game.

Plus, most importantly. it’s in effen Parramatta.

Go Dogs
Poor turbo dog. Some of us drive 8 hours to a game. And u call yourselfs bulldog fans. And i cant find a simpler way to get a membership. Perfetic whingers. I drive 3 hours a day to shear sheep all day. City people are so soft.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don’t care how much the NRL pays us, it’s simply not worth it in the long turn. We don’t just lose supporters/members for one game we lose them for a season, we lose them for multiple seasons, we lose them forever. And we don’t lose just them we lose their wives, their kids, their grandkids, brothers, sisters, in laws, there are multipliers at work here.

There’s 25 Rounds and we (the supporters/members) are entitled to expect 12 or 13 home games every season. We deserve 12 or 13 home games every season. We should be demanding 12 or 13 home games. Not 7, seriously 7 home games, FFS that’s an insult, it’s insulting to the people who go to the games, it’s an insult to the people that pay full price for season tickets and get half worth a season of home games.

Go Dogs.
Yep confimed. As soft as a cat straight out of the microwave.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People complain about parking at a Belmore, Parramatta is so much worse. Not a big deal but it’s 20 minutes additional drive compared to Belmore and 15 compared to ANZ. There’s a 15 minute walk from public transport. For me it’s 3 changes of public transport, Belmore and ANZ are none. In total I would spend more time travelling than watching the game.

Plus, most importantly. it’s in effen Parramatta.

Go Dogs
I live in the Southern Highlands and go to virtually every game in Sydney - at least a 90minute drive or much further if I bother with Lottoland. I don't even think it's that hard to park near Bankwest. There's a heap of parking near Richie Benaud Oval from which it is a 10 to 15 minute walk.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in the Southern Highlands and go to virtually every game in Sydney - at least a 90minute drive or much further if I bother with Lottoland. I don't even think it's that hard to park near Bankwest. There's a heap of parking near Richie Benaud Oval from which it is a 10 to 15 minute walk.
There is a difference, I chose to live 15 to 20 minutes away from our home games and you chose to live an hour and a half away from our home games. I am now forced to travel as long as you and it wasn’t my choice. Rather a big difference.

Go Dogs

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Queensland club Bulldogs membership again this year, does anyone know which game in QLD we get free tickets to?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: it’s hurting the club but at half way through year things get better for everyone from club to players and supporters . Winning is everything and we are winning . Trust me I know