Opinion 2020 jersey

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cannot wait till the Classic contract runs out their gear is cheap and nasty garbage. Unfortunately they signed for 4 years.
I'm surprised that we haven't gone to ISC yet. I was sure we'd end up with them at some point. Maybe next time around

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
What ever child slave labour factory made these jersey need to give us our money back. Canterbury please take us back. We need a decent kit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that we haven't gone to ISC yet. I was sure we'd end up with them at some point. Maybe next time around
I’d be happy going to anyone besides X Blades or Classic.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here’s some food for thought when it comes to sponsorships.

CAN’T SELL THE STORM

THE most successful NRL club of the past decade is struggling to find a major sponsor.

Blindside can reveal the mighty Melbourne Storm are facing a seven-figure blow if they can’t find a naming rights backer.

The Storm and 2019 sponsor Purple Bricks have parted ways, and Melbourne has yet to find a replacement.

The Storm had a sponsor lined up but the deal fell over during the Christmas break.

Melbourne’s struggles prove just how hard it has become for clubs to secure money in the corporate sector.

This is a club which has won three of the past four minor premierships, nearly guaranteed to finish in the finals every year and is a regular grand final contender.

The Storm don’t want to cheapen their product by selling it for unders and are happy to hold out in the hope of landing a big fish.

Even the strong clubs face a fight in the NRL for funding.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/ee88a9a16e95809774394dfa38fa4b29

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can’t remember how long Ray Dib’s Classic contract was for. Does anyone know? Did the club extend it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s some food for thought when it comes to sponsorships.

CAN’T SELL THE STORM

THE most successful NRL club of the past decade is struggling to find a major sponsor.

Blindside can reveal the mighty Melbourne Storm are facing a seven-figure blow if they can’t find a naming rights backer.

The Storm and 2019 sponsor Purple Bricks have parted ways, and Melbourne has yet to find a replacement.

The Storm had a sponsor lined up but the deal fell over during the Christmas break.

Melbourne’s struggles prove just how hard it has become for clubs to secure money in the corporate sector.

This is a club which has won three of the past four minor premierships, nearly guaranteed to finish in the finals every year and is a regular grand final contender.

The Storm don’t want to cheapen their product by selling it for unders and are happy to hold out in the hope of landing a big fish.

Even the strong clubs face a fight in the NRL for funding.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/ee88a9a16e95809774394dfa38fa4b29
Yep, we’re not the only one.
It’s tough out there...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 years if I recall correctly and no extension to my knowledge. This is year 3, right?
It’s only year 2. The Panthers managed to get out of their contract with Classic early hopefully we might be able to as well.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're planning on a sponsor by round 1?
Watch this space.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looking at the HQ pictures and it still looks messed up, don't mind the little CB grip thingy fuckers on it though. Still think the V looks fucked for a number of reasons and the placement of certain parts looks off.

Dunno if I'm alone in this but i'd prefer just the classic hoop design like with our heritage jersey, or even the 90's style jersey if they wanted to revert to the old school design.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ranks right up there as one of the worst jerseys in nrl history

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
ranks right up there as one of the worst jerseys in nrl history
Not quite that bad imo, just looks odd coz they have obviously left a space for the major sponsor, cutting the V off, but theres nobody to put in the space yet. Tbh i still prefer it to having KIA there lol.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly it looks fucking horrific, you'd think a jersey without a major sponsor on it would look better but nope.

View attachment 12746
It looks shit, not as shit with the red Kia logo but shit, I know the major sponsor gets the majority of the jersey front but why do sponsors think having a big logo on the front of a jersey will make people think 'oh look at that jersey, it says Kia I think I will go and buy a kia' did I just miss the whole game because of that big Kia logo'. get fucked it doesn't happen and never will, and I'm only using Kia because they were the major sponsor the last few years.
I think sponsors need to be told your not ruining this great jersey with your shit product like it or there's the fucking door, our jersey has gone downhill.