2020 Grand Final - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap game, good outcome. The pain I heard in every syllable spoken by Phil Gould was music to my ears. His blatantly biased dribble actually kept me interested in the game. And the fact Pemriff got close made it all the more palatable.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was torn between my massive dislike for the Cleary's V's my dislike for Cam Smith.... i didnt know what to cheer or what to boo, it was a very bipolar night

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like he should have done on every Nelson Asofa-Solomona play the ball?? Bloke just rolls it never touches his foot. Smith try the same.
Ive only ever seen the refs pull the bulldogs up for incorrect play the balls it’s a joke
To there defence, we do take it to the next level. Just to be sure we really F—k it up, our guys will even face the wrong way.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Realist90 this is the story behind Suliasi Vunivalu’s biblical reference..

Daily Telegraph
Date: October 26th 2020
Author: Nick Walshaw

Especially when you notice how, scribbled in blue pen on both those white boots that motored upfield, is the phrase ‘Isaiah 40:31’.

A biblical scripture which reads: But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

“My priest in Fiji gave me that,” Vunivalu explained, pointing to the same phrase written in black texta strapping tape around his left wrist.

“Every time I go home, I ask him to pray for me. Then when I made it big, he sent me that verse.

“Said the Lord had told him to give it to me. He said to always wear it when I play. So I write it onto my boots and my wrist.

“It’s about the Lord giving you strength. It’s something I hold close to my heart.”

Just as the little village of Bagasau, near Suva, does the same for him.

Indeed, from the moment this 24-year-old Fijian took his intercept, some 200 locals gathered in the village hall went nuts.

Which is beautiful yarn for rugby league.

But not so much Panthers fans.

Or Cleary, who afterwards could say only that he’d “let the boys down”.

Especially given by the finish, those six points would not only prove crucial – but the difference.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary just doesn't cut it as a coach, his team were an ill disciplined rabble against both Souths and Storm

Their attack was still great, they had Storm shot to bits on plenty of occasions

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He said he was still going to play the lower grades, I guess that doesn't count as retiring.
Probably got a second tier deal with the Knights after they saw how shit Erani Tuala was in their semi final
I thought Holland and Lewis retired?
Didn't Holland retire? Shouldn't he get a banner?
Why was Holland not there, in the retiring players thing?
Well as I said earlier, his profile is still on the site. All other departing players' profiles have been removed. He did say he was going to retire, unless something's happened.

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Realist90 this is the story behind Suliasi Vunivalu’s biblical reference..

Daily Telegraph
Date: October 26th 2020
Author: Nick Walshaw

Especially when you notice how, scribbled in blue pen on both those white boots that motored upfield, is the phrase ‘Isaiah 40:31’.

A biblical scripture which reads: But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

“My priest in Fiji gave me that,” Vunivalu explained, pointing to the same phrase written in black texta strapping tape around his left wrist.

“Every time I go home, I ask him to pray for me. Then when I made it big, he sent me that verse.

“Said the Lord had told him to give it to me. He said to always wear it when I play. So I write it onto my boots and my wrist.

“It’s about the Lord giving you strength. It’s something I hold close to my heart.”

Just as the little village of Bagasau, near Suva, does the same for him.

Indeed, from the moment this 24-year-old Fijian took his intercept, some 200 locals gathered in the village hall went nuts.

Which is beautiful yarn for rugby league.

But not so much Panthers fans.

Or Cleary, who afterwards could say only that he’d “let the boys down”.

Especially given by the finish, those six points would not only prove crucial – but the difference.
Haha yeah once God chooses a side, game over for the opposition hahah. Thanks for sharing that story though it’s a good feeling one

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha Sutton is such dip shit. I know first hand talking to a few players they all think he's shit. Perenara is the one they like the most.
Yet there are fans of particular sides like Parramatta who absolutely detest Henry because in their opinion he does not give them a fair deal....

Sutton has been a dipsh@t since the beginning having his obvious favourites and of course his obvious sides he likes to punish....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair comments about the officiating and some of the decisions but it was up to Daddy's boy to make a stand and lead his team around. He was very conspicuous by his absence. Penrith were ahead on most of the stats ( bar the important one like the scoreboard) had more ball, more runs, more post contact, more kick metres, tackle breaks, offloads, more effective tackles and less misses.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been awful. Cleary has been MIA. Mansour has been pretty poor too.
Mansour knew he would not be at Penriff next year......surplus to requirement after many years of service only to be replaced by a younger model....