2020 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, I just find stats help me overcome my inevitable subjectivity when I watch the game. Lee's errors were very noticeable, but did you know he made one less than JAC?
JAC whacked in defence all night, made numeral tough runs outta trouble. Don’t compare them two, that’s where stats are dangerous.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths, although i hate them and always will are well coached. I think Bennet and Holbrook at the Titans have worked out how best to play with the new rules - so often they get quick backs on slower forwards and create overlaps. Apart from the long passing from dummy half and targeting slower forwards not sure how they are getting on the outside of defences so easily and consistently. Hope Barret knows

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JAC whacked in defence all night, made numeral tough runs outta trouble. Don’t compare them two, that’s where stats are dangerous.
JAC had a better game, I'm not arguing that. My point is to subjectivity, JAC was great, so most spectators would probably be surprised to learn he made more errors.

The point gets back to the fact that Bellyache brought in a player who has been in a few systems, including ours, and has him operating fine as part of a team system. Being able to do that is important in terms of being able to pay for 5 or 6 out and out stars in your squad, stay under the cap, and still be a top 4 threat every season.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Weird thing about the 4 games this weekend. Three of the winners were behind early in the game, and Canberra, even though they scored first, were behind at half time.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
JAC had a better game, I'm not arguing that. My point is to subjectivity, JAC was great, so most spectators would probably be surprised to learn he made more errors.

The point gets back to the fact that Bellyache brought in a player who has been in a few systems, including ours, and has him operating fine as part of a team system. Being able to do that is important in terms of being able to pay for 5 or 6 out and out stars in your squad, stay under the cap, and still be a top 4 threat every season.
That and a 2nd set of books.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That and a 2nd set of books.
*grin* and we should never let them forget.

2nd set of books was why they were keeping outside backs as good as Inglis and Folau. These days they have to make do with a fair amount of youngsters and journeymen/fringe first graders (Earl, Lee, Jacks, Kamikamica, etc). They won't hang onto JAC. They pulled Olam out of PNG but I doubt will hang onto him for his next contract. They are finding blokes who don't cost much but getting value out of them.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
*grin* and we should never let them forget.

2nd set of books was why they were keeping outside backs as good as Inglis and Folau. These days they have to make do with a fair amount of youngsters and journeymen/fringe first graders (Earl, Lee, Jacks, Kamikamica, etc). They won't hang onto JAC. They pulled Olam out of PNG but I doubt will hang onto him for his next contract. They are finding blokes who don't cost much but getting value out of them.
And no-one at their club knew nothing. They just thought it was a happy coincidence that they had a dozen Test players in their team. Cheating pricks.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scabby bastards have gotten away with it for this long though. Greasy Nick owns a lot of people around the NRL it seems.
The bigger they get the closer they get to making a mistake, the more spectacular the implosion.

That's the thing with greed, sooner or later it just takes one little wafer...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Has anyone said "Sucked in Slothfield" yet? If not.............

SUCK A FAT ONE SLOTHFIELD YOU FUCKED UP FLOG!!!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez semi final like defence is dead & buried with these rule changes
With an average of 50+ points per game there's little difference between finals and regular season games imo. We conceded a total of 42 points in 6 finals games in 2018-19 and we've conceded 29 already in one game.

In none of the games over the weekend did I feel like I was watching a finals game.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With an average of 50+ points per game there's little difference between finals and regular season games imo. We conceded a total of 42 points in 6 finals games in 2018-19 and we've conceded 29 already in one game.

In none of the games over the weekend did I feel like I was watching a finals game.
The finals are an entirely different ball game. I don't remember the regular season games well, but I doubt that the underdogs took a 2 try lead only to eventually lose the game.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finals are an entirely different ball game. I don't remember the regular season games well, but I doubt that the underdogs took a 2 try lead only to eventually lose the game.
No they're not that's my point. In previous years finals football meant, tighter games, lower scores and more intense footy. This year finals games look no different to normal round matches = high scoring blowouts.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Got the same feeling about the game. It's why I would've been concerned if we appointed someone like Barrett prior to the 6 again rule.