2020 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bellamy and the Storm will find a way to shut down Cleary just like they did to Barba 2012.
Luai plays with a lot of flare but I get the feeling he's due for a shocker.... lacks composure.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The start & finish was not that great plus this is a 2nd chance game
Refs blew the chooks back into that and the roosters got belted by 50 last week. If that and a prelim final aren’t motivation enough to turn up, I don’t know what is.

Still far from a done deal, but Penrith totally deserve favouritism. The roosters will need to back up from a very tough game against a good Canberra side next week and if they get through that, it’s a likely showdown with the storm. Can’t rule them out, but it will be very tough for them. Looking like a Penrith vs Melbourne GF to me.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bellamy and the Storm will find a way to shut down Cleary just like they did to Barba 2012.
Luai plays with a lot of flare but I get the feeling he's due for a shocker.... lacks composure.
Doubtful, tbh. Barba snd Cleary are completely different players and Penrith have a few more tricks in the bag than we did in 2012..... Melbourne aren’t quite as good as they were in 2012 either. The only team that can beat Penrith is themselves, IMO. I hope they win it. They deserve it. Roosters would have probably beaten the Storm tonight.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not this year. Brenko Lee us the big weakness. Luai, Kikau and Crichton will eat him and Kafusi alive

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see Penrith with the GF but I can see them choking like Parra did in the 2001 grand final. 18 wins in a row is gonna be tough.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They won by one point, but imo that flattered the Roosters.

Naden had a brain explosion when they should have got a penalty because the ball wasn't going ten.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers completed 36-38 last night. I do not believe they made an error with the ball in the 2nd half.
They only won by 1.
Not sure why Aubusson was at hooker in the 2nd half, his service was abysmal. So slow, so many passes not on target.
If the Roosters had Friend, they win that game.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That Naden is the weak link for the Panthers.
He has no idea in defence and is prone to brain explosions all the time... like seriously, his team is up by 7 points with 3 minutes to go and he wants to score a runaway try...

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suck shit Rorters, the lussick try was a no try, how could the ref call a try when every camera angle didn't prove he had grounded the ball, if anything it should have went upstairs not called try straight away, at least the rorters lost in the long run!!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That was the best part of the match seeing the c*** go off his brain hopefully they lose next week and are out!!!
And that Trent Robinson is the luckiest Coach in the history of the NRL. He has been blessed with a minimum 5-6 quality marquee players in his teams each year.

The one year he had average players, they finished second last - that was in 2016.

I want him to coach the coach the dogs with the players we have. Lets see how good he really is....

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It nearly cost them tonight. Will tonight's scare teach them some important lessons? Or will they just focus on thriving on confidence? Odds are their sudden death game will be against the Storm, and could well be without Kikau.
If Melbourne win tonight the Panthers and the Storm can't meet until the GF. If the rest of the games are won by the higher placed teams Penrith's next opponent will be Parramatta.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very possible. Bellamy manged to shut down Hayne in 2009 who was the dally M winner, managed to shut down Barba 2012 dally M winner and now Cleary odds on to win Dally m. History would show storm will find away. Hopefully I'm completely wrong

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storm are cooked with the 6 again rule. Parra to win, they will also lay down to expose the grubby tactics

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Very possible. Bellamy manged to shut down Hayne in 2009 who was the dally M winner, managed to shut down Barba 2012 dally M winner and now Cleary odds on to win Dally m. History would show storm will find away. Hopefully I'm completely wrong
Panthers have more players to shut down than we had in 2012. Great spine and all their forwards have an offload and do often. But it would be close. Not much between Roosters, storm and Panthers. The rest are a tier down.

Last edited: