2020 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon inexperience will cost the Panthers when they come up against a team like Cam Smith and the Storm.
It nearly cost them tonight. Will tonight's scare teach them some important lessons? Or will they just focus on thriving on confidence? Odds are their sudden death game will be against the Storm, and could well be without Kikau.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was some absolutely brilliant defence tonight. Great try savers on the line. That’s the best product the game can produce.
Yup, loved the intent and line speed from the Pantsers defense in the last minute too

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It nearly cost them tonight. Will tonight's scare teach them some important lessons? Or will they just focus on thriving on confidence? Odds are their sudden death game will be against the Storm, and could well be without Kikau.
Cost them how? They fought back from 10-0 down. Nailed the field goal with one attempt, there play was textbook. Roosters beat anyone else tonight.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cost them how? They fought back from 10-0 down. Nailed the field goal with one attempt, there play was textbook. Roosters beat anyone else tonight.
They were a bit slack with chooks try to Teddy, and Naden's play on the kickoff was daft, I've interpreted both as inexperience. Also a general observation they were clearly the dominant team for 70 minutes of the match and yet ended up winning by just 1 point against a much more experienced but out of sorts team. The difference between the 1 point win they got and a 12 or 18 point win more representative of what we saw on the field was experience.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I hate it give me forwards winning semi's with brutal defence any day. Not a fan of the 6 again rule.
With this six again rule the referees can dictate who wins games even more.

We all know Chris Sutton is either corrupt or totally incompetent.

The knock back / knock on calls tonight I couldn't follow.
Penrith scored a try when a ball was lost in a tackle. Maybe technically it did go backwards but lost balls have been called as a knock on all season and forever.

Refereeing standards are the biggest blight on the game.

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They were a bit slack with chooks try to Teddy, and Naden's play on the kickoff was daft, I've interpreted both as inexperience. Also a general observation they were clearly the dominant team for 70 minutes of the match and yet ended up winning by just 1 point against a much more experienced but out of sorts team. The difference between the 1 point win they got and a 12 or 18 point win more representative of what we saw on the field was experience.
Maybe. I wouldn’t say inexperience though. Penrith played almost perfect today. It’s just the roosters we’re also on. Roosters line speed and overall general play was extremely high tempo. Be interesting to see how they go next week after that one.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe. I wouldn’t say inexperience though. Penrith played almost perfect today. It’s just the roosters we’re also on. Roosters line speed and overall general play was extremely high tempo. Be interesting to see how they go next week after that one.
Who are they likely to play, Raiders?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unless Peptide Sharks start playing now, Chooks will play Canberra next week.
No Johnson, can't see it, so very likely the Raiders. Could be a good game, revenge of the green machine? There would be nearly as many NRL followers who would cheer on a chooks straight set exit as cheered on a bonkos wooden spoon. Great stuff for the neutrals.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oldcastle to beat souffs

Canberra will walk past the sharts

Parra will do the unthinkable and beat storm but lose to panthers in the final