Opinion 2019 Team Fun

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sitting by the pool with the kids getting pissed on Black Hops. Started thinking about my second love, the doggies.

My inebriated thoughts on team selection 2019:

1. Big bet on a rookie - Meaney needs to work, all other options are sh!t.

2&5. Looking OK - Remuis is a lock, Okinbur, Crichton, Olive, Montoya to fight it out for the other.

3&4. Hoppa and Holland are a pass mark, would be nice if Harper can steel the show, think he is capable. Out side that we're f@#ked..

6. Foran - Get on board haters, we need him firing if we are any hope of being competitive for the 8.

7. If we are playing a half a side, Lewis get first shot. If we are playing a 7 on the ball, Cogger get first crack. Finally we have NRL standard in this position.

11 & 12. We have crazy depth in this position, so much so, think its time for Jacko to move to the middle.

8, 10&13 - The club have stated they are looking to bring 1 more in in this position. If that signing is Kasiano and Jacko moves to the middle, I genuinly think we have a middle that can compete with the best. If not, we are one or two injuries away from being up shit creek.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Sitting by the pool with the kids getting pissed on Black Hops. Started thinking about my second love, the doggies.
Don't drink and post kids..

This is a helpful reminder.
I thought his selections were spot on tbf.
Would even take a gamble on Kasiano if the price is right.

More concerned about him getting his kids pissed. Though I can see the reasoning behind it lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney will be a great fullback for us.... sure he might need a season or so to reproduce his junior form at the top grade, but he's keen and works hard... I like him

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought his selections were spot on tbf.
Would even take a gamble on Kasiano if the price is right.

More concerned about him getting his kids pissed. Though I can see the reasoning behind it lol

The best thing Storm ever did was take Kas off of us.... his future is in Super League, unless somebody is willing to pay him to eat kebabs

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing Storm ever did was take Kas off of us.... his future is in Super League, unless somebody is willing to pay him to eat kebabs
The best thing the Storm ever did was beat the Mundine Dragqueens in 99 :grinning:

Max Cheetham

New Pup
Reaction score
1. Meany
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. Montoya
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15.Elliot
16. RFM
17. Brown

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meany
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. Montoya
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15.Elliot
16. RFM
17. Brown
And it gets worse than Gabes dream team...Are you at the pool party too?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we pay him with kebabs?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which ever way you write it up from 1 to 17, it's going to be a long 2019...
I think it looks something like this:
Hoppa or Meaney at fullback.
Smith and Holland on the right edge
Left edge between Hoppa (if Meaney is fb), Montoya, Crichton, Olive and Okunbur.
Lewis and Foran in the halves, Cogger for if (when) Foran goes down.
Napa, Liccha and Napa in the front row.
Two of Martin, RFM, CHN or Jackson as edge backrowers, provided Jackson doesn't move to 13, which I'd personally like to see.
JMK on the bench.
Then 3 of Elliot, Ogden, Sue, To'omaga, Fualalo or Tualau as the bench middle forwards, unless Pay wants an edge fwd on the bench too.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meany
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. Montoya
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15.Elliot
16. RFM
17. Brown
What Montoya ahead of Holland and no Prince at half, its OK mate having a boxing day hangover.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney will be a great fullback for us.... sure he might need a season or so to reproduce his junior form at the top grade, but he's keen and works hard... I like him
Expecting Meaney to do really well next year,, His the sort of player we need with some speed and he likes looking for the ball so he will be backing up his players hopefully plenty of tries from him. I also heard he has bulked up a bit so his defence will improve. I think Lewis , Meaney and Crichton will be stand outs for the dogs next year.