2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe but they didn’t put Lewis and Smith back when they could have too.
Maybe he asked and they didn't?
Maybe they needed a 2nd rower which Lewis and Smith aren't?
Maybe they needed a goal kicker and he's OK at that?
Maybe he only needed one game to qualify and they needed 2?
Maybe we thought getting one guy to qualify with a few seconds on the field was OK, but 3 guys might have been pushing it a bit too much, risking disqualification?

And a lot more maybe's, but I don't see "put back" as one of them.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he asked and they didn't?
Maybe they needed a 2nd rower which Lewis and Smith aren't?
Maybe they needed a goal kicker and he's OK at that?
Maybe he only needed one game to qualify and they needed 2?
Maybe we thought getting one guy to qualify with a few seconds on the field was OK, but 3 guys might have been pushing it a bit too much, risking disqualification?

And a lot more maybe's, but I don't see "put back" as one of them.

Go Dogs
Maybe or maybe not.....don't forget Pay did drop him back after he played NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s no way Elliott won’t be in the team he’s in the leadership group and you always hear Pay give him a wrap. Going off Martin being put back into ISP for the finals I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts off there.
I don't think Pay rates Martin.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe but they didn’t put Lewis and Smith back when they could have too.
It was reported at the time on ch 9 by the commentators that “Pay regards Smith and Lewis as Firstgraders now so he will not be relegating them back for the semifinals”...In light of that I dare say Martin may start in ISP?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Pay rates Martin.
Martin wont be in the 17 to start the season trust me.

Rfm and chn will be on the edge Jackson lock. Tolman napa props. Bench forwards will be elliott sue fauaulo and a ulitay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't trust you. But yh he probably won't be there. Should've just signed with another club to get a start.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't trust you. But yh he probably won't be there. Should've just signed with another club to get a start.
Rfm and chn are better edge backrowers then martin. I dont get people's obession with martin. He has does nothing better then these 2 besides goal kicker.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Martin said to the first grade coach that he was captain for reserves and loves the boys and wants to lead them through the finals. That could be why Pay only said that Lewis and Smith were first graders. I doubt that he won't be in the 17 at all, especially with Steve as assistant pushing his case

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rfm and chn will be on the edge Jackson lock. Tolman napa props. Bench forwards will be elliott sue fauaulo and a ulitay.
He’s too valuable as a guaranteed 2 points. We have him the whole of this season we would’ve made the 8.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARTICLE ON SHERVINGTON AND US

I only copied and pasted the second half of the article as the first part is mostly about Foran and what Shervo was doing for him to get him fit and ready after his back surgery. The article is an oldie from last preseason. Gives an insight into who’s quick etc. it will surprise you. Enjoy...

Shirvington joined Pay’s staff after the coach reached out in late November following a conversation with veteran winger Brett Morris.

Shirvington worked with Morris a few years back at St George Illawarra.

While speed work is part of his job description, his more specific area of coaching is around timing.

“My role is trying to consolidate the speed in the game,” he explained.

“All those quick decision making, change of direction, acceleration is probably the most important thing. The flat speed stuff is harder to train.”

Whether that comes in the form of hitting a hole, accelerating at the right time or something as simple as running onto a pass, Shirvington has been working closely with the attacking coaches.

“The uniqueness of rugby league is being able to temper your speed,” he explained.

“We’ve done quite a bit of set play work.”

And it’s not just the backline taking part with the entire squad participating in Shirvington’s sessions.

While speed as a singular component hasn’t been a priority, Shirvington said the Bulldogs aren’t lacking pace.

“Moses Mbye is looking really good,” he said.

“(Marcello) Montoya is fast too but I feel with Moses a bit of weight has been lifted. He looks comfortable.

“Reims Smith is a great athlete too. Kerrod Holland is quick.

“In terms of forwards, Danny Fualalo is brilliant. When his momentum is up and running, far out.”

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN is our best back rower, if Jacko is going to lock.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What about footwork, offloading, tackle breaking. Not to mention chn and rfm are both generally quicker and more exposive then Martin.
Martin has good instincts and anticipation. Like i previously said, i prefer RFM on the edge over him but i think the team is better off with both of them in it.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin has good instincts and anticipation. Like i previously said, i prefer RFM on the edge over him but i think the team is better off with both of them in it.
Who would you leave out of jackson rfm chn napa tolman elliott sue faualo in order for martin to get a run?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who would you leave out of jackson rfm chn napa tolman elliott sue faualo in order for martin to get a run?
Just throw him in Hooker hey, everyone elses name been thrown around.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fucked if i know, we have too many forwards. Fualalo underperformed, Elliott gets man handled when running at the meat of the defence, still want Ogden and To'omaga in the side also.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN is our best back rower, if Jacko is going to lock.
In all honesty I would rather Jacko play in the backrow to pro-long his career. Rather throw Elliot or Martin in there.

I would also strongly consider CHN in right centre.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Damn fualalo. He hasn’t progressed. Ogden or to’omaga for me