2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah im not sold on JMK as our 14 either. But who else would you put there?
I wouldn’t mind 4 forwards on the bench. Ensures Tolman doesn’t play ridiculous minutes and our intensity is consistent over the 80. A genuine utility on the bench is only worth it if they can make a difference

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Other than goalkicking. In what is martin better then RFM who is an absolute beast? Those who think martin starts ahead of either CHN and RFM have rocks in the head.
Halligan, El-Masri - not the best wingers in the world but the best goal kickers ever. Just saying, this has to come into consideration

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halligan, El-Masri - not the best wingers in the world but the best goal kickers ever. Just saying, this has to come into consideration
Holland is a great goal kicker also. Admittedly not as good as martin. But we are not in a position to carry someone just for goal kicking. We need to pick the best players we have in each position then choose a goal kicker after that. As I said CHN and RFM in my opinion are way better than martin.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holland is a great goal kicker also. Admittedly not as good as martin. But we are not in a position to carry someone just for goal kicking. We need to pick the best players we have in each position then choose a goal kicker after that. As I said CHN and RFM in my opinion are way better than martin.
I agree, they are, but you just have to find room for Martin, don’t you? Maybe centres? Do not underestimate the confidence the team gets knowing they can score tries anywhere on the field with a guarantee 6 points

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well u will be carrying holland for goal kicking cause anyone that sees talent in that bloke needs to give me some of what there taking. Rfm did nothing to prove he is an 80 minute footballer unlike martin. Raymond will definitely have to pull his socks up if he wants long minutes.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Martin defends well, and can run a decent line and is a big body on the fringes. I would rotate CHN and RFM so we don't lose anything when one comes off and the other comes on.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Martin defends well, and can run a decent line and is a big body on the fringes. I would rotate CHN and RFM so we don't lose anything when one comes off and the other comes on.
Edge forwards should play 80.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin will be in the 17. Mostly likely starting, because of his kicking. Holland will take over the duties when he’s subbed.

11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Elliott
15. RFM
16. Sue
17. Fualalo (although I’d personally prefer Ogden - but I think Pay will choose Fualalo based upon his consistent selection this season)

We have a very good pack next season. Very capable bench and equally as capable depth in ISP.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all seem to have forgotten that form should be and hopefully will be the main factor in team selection,
We are lacking quality in several positions and have bought players potentially to fill those positions, trials should determine who starts in first grade and who drops to reserves bearing in mind we might still add a quality player or two to the squad .

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Martin will be in the 17. Mostly likely starting, because of his kicking. Holland will take over the duties when he’s subbed.

11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Elliott
15. RFM
16. Sue
17. Fualalo (although I’d personally prefer Ogden - but I think Pay will choose Fualalo based upon his consistent selection this season)

We have a very good pack next season. Very capable bench and equally as capable depth in ISP.
Id say ogden will have the bench spot over sue

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well u will be carrying holland for goal kicking cause anyone that sees talent in that bloke needs to give me some of what there taking. Rfm did nothing to prove he is an 80 minute footballer unlike martin. Raymond will definitely have to pull his socks up if he wants long minutes.
I never said Holland is any good. I just said his a great goal kicker. Ive got Holland in the team because we have absolutely noone else to put in the centres. We have no depth in the centre position we have no choice but to put Holland there unless we buy someone. While the edge backrow position we have alot of depth.

Besides if you really think Martin starts ahead of CHN,RFM or Jackson then tell me why he played in the nsw cup finals while r.smith and lewis didnt?

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I never said Holland is any good. I just said his a great goal kicker. Ive got Holland in the team because we have absolutely noone else to put in the centres. We have no depth in the centre position we have no choice but to put Holland there unless we buy someone. While the edge backrow position we have alot of depth.

Besides if you really think Martin starts ahead of CHN,RFM or Jackson then tell me why he played in the nsw cup finals while r.smith and lewis didnt?
I'll tell you why he played, he played because he's been the captain of the team for 2 years now and he deserves to get a win.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15. elliott
16. RFM
17. Fualalo

18. Ogden
19. C.Smith
20. Toomaga
21. Cogger
22. JMK
23. Montoya
24. Meaney
25. Nu Brown
26. Burr
27. Tualau
28. Okenbour
28. Olive
29. Cerutto
30. Cleeland

Does anyone know if Cerutto & Cleeland have re-signed yet?
Nick Meaney will slot into fullback...Hopoate in the centres

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the paper today it says lichha seen running around not having an offseason maybe in for a big season

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the paper today it says lichha seen running around not having an offseason maybe in for a big season
FFS, he’s a professional athlete, I’d be more pissed if he’s not running around.