2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate, you’re the closest we have on here to inside mail, albeit I understand not everything you hear will actually land. You got a gut feel about this Manu speculation?
There's plenty on here that have inside mail believe me, I'm just silly enough to blab things out. That's the only difference.

Mate the Manu situation is very difficult. The roosters have to release him first.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
RFM is right at home on that left edge. leave him be

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If it came down to those two then i'd say RFM would be suited to that role a little better than CHN.

CHN's running style looks more suited to an edge as he appears a lot more comfortable coming onto the ball running a nice line and using a step to cut through the defence. RFM's running style is a lot more unorthodox as he kind of bounces off his feet and can constantly change direction.

We currently have more than enough middle forwards that will tuck the ball under their arm and run straight all the time, having someone like RFM through the middle might help us break down defensive lines and give us a little more firepower across the park. If CHN did move there instead then i think he would just turn into something we already have enough of....ideally i'd have them both on the edges but with what we have available that might be a little hard and wasteful.
Good points. At first glance RFM in frontrow would be laughed at ..but..he could be developed into a jinking, off loading player in the Fifita mould I guess although he doesn't have the height maybe?. ..But CHN could be a RCG type frontrower? We have options at least.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good points. At first glance RFM in frontrow would be laughed at ..but..he could be developed into a jinking, off loading player in the Fifita mould I guess although he doesn't have the height maybe?. ..But CHN could be a RCG type frontrower? We have options at least.
According to their online profiles, RFM is both taller and heavier than CHN. RFM is listed at 190cm/110kg while CHN is listed at 187/96kg. For comparison RCG is supposedly 193cm/115kg. These things never really appear all that accurate though lol.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN
RFM
Martin
Tolman
Klemmer
Jackson
Elliott
Sue
Ogden
Fualalo

Will be interesting as to who will miss out on a 1st grade spot

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
According to their online profiles, RFM is both taller and heavier than CHN. RFM is listed at 190cm/110kg while CHN is listed at 187/96kg. For comparison RCG is supposedly 193cm/115kg. These things never really appear all that accurate though lol.
RFM definitely has the body for it but he just doesn't like doing the dirty work that is required in the front row, I still have faith in him being a quality backrower but I just can't see RFM willing to tuck the ball under and charge into the defensive line consistently.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I was gonna check on their heights but that is my perspective of how they could develop their game. Main thing is we have options and need them with so many 2ndrowers.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa will be playing 9 next year fullstop! Unless something extraodinary happens between now and the start of next season the thats the way it will be. The club is happy to let his contract run out.
JMK will be playing the no.14 untility role like this year.

CHN wasn't bought to play in the centres.

At the moment Woolford is not part of the dogs plans.

Currently we have 29 in our squad, there is one more spot open. Club wants to get rid of 2 players from the squad(They are regular reserve graders).
Then we will have 27, with 3 positions to fill and some money in the cap.

Don't expect any Marquee signings until 2021.
Even though I would put my house on Manu staying at the Roosters if we were to get him he would be considered a marquee signing on talent and potential alone wouldn't he?

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15. elliott
16. RFM
17. Fualalo

18. Ogden
19. C.Smith
20. Toomaga
21. Cogger
22. JMK
23. Montoya
24. Meaney
25. Nu Brown
26. Burr
27. Tualau
28. Okenbour
28. Olive
29. Cerutto
30. Cleeland

Does anyone know if Cerutto & Cleeland have re-signed yet?
They have signed Justin olam from the storm he plays for png as well, very quick player and strong ties with Martin

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have signed Justin olam from the storm he plays for png as well, very quick player and strong ties with Martin
When did we sign him? Can’t find any articles or anything

I just watched his highlight reel. Wow. If we actually signed him Crichton and Montoya are the proud owners of Bulldogs ISP jerseys in 2019.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be stoked if we get Olam, can't find any links to confirm though.

Built low to the ground, genuine speed, tough player. Predominantly a left centre but has played fullback for PNG.

Will become a crowd favourite

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Olam is a very rough diamond he butchered atleast 4 tries for Melbourne at the end of the season. They were little mistakes like putting his foot into touch or dropping the ball over the line that you just can’t get away with in NRL.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Olam is a very rough diamond he butchered atleast 4 tries for Melbourne at the end of the season. They were little mistakes like putting his foot into touch or dropping the ball over the line that you just can’t get away with in NRL.
At least he was in 4 try scoring positions. Montoya wouldn’t be anywhere near the try line.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least he was in 4 try scoring positions. Montoya wouldn’t be anywhere near the try line.
Montoya would have scored all 4 he’s actually pretty good at finishing those type of tries....

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya would have scored all 4 he’s actually pretty good at finishing those type of tries....
Montoya of 2017 is a gun. Montoya of 2018 not so much. Let’s hope Montoya of 2019 is what he delievered in 2017 which I’m sure he is more than capable of. No doubting he’s got the talent.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya of 2017 is a gun. Montoya of 2018 not so much. Let’s hope Montoya of 2019 is what he delievered in 2017 which I’m sure he is more than capable of. No doubting he’s got the talent.
I’m not comparing him to Hazem but in 98 he got dropped to reserve grade and it was the best thing for him. He came out the next year and never looked back after getting back into NRL. It might be the kick up the ass he needs. He seems like a determined kind of bloke so I think he will bounce back but he’s got some competition to get back in NRL now.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was playing on the right wing that game, watch his game earlier in the year at left centre.