11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Jeremy Marshall-king
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
One of the better sides listed.
I find it hard to leave Elliot out though given how well he finished the year. Perhaps he should try add some more quality mass, because id have no dramas with him being a starting front rower when the interchange gets reduced.
Hard to leave Ogden out to, competition for spots is good especially in the forwards.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Meaney
6. Cogger
7. Lewis
9. Lichaa - he can tackle + inside ball to Smith 5m out

Hopoate to wing, need his kick returns and safe under the high ball.

Foran OUT

We are short a strike centre in the backline, Harper will need time and Holland is not convincing. We need to pull off a miracle to get Manu from the sombrero Roosters.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Harper
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. CHN
15. Ogden
16. Elliot
17. To'omaga

18. Sue
19. Fualalo
20. JMK

-------------------------------------------------
- Hopoate isn't our future at fullback so we might as well see how Meaney develops
- We need to keep Holland/Smith together, they were building a good combo and just need to improve their defence.
- Lewis needs to be the halfback and primary playmaker, that way it also gives Foran a better chance at lasting the whole season.
- I'm not Martin's biggest fan but he will be in there for his goalkicking.
- I feel like CHN can provide a spark off the bench due to the way he plays and due to him being able to cover the backs I'd rather him off the bench then RFM.
- To'omaga has a lot of upside and needs to be in the team over Fualalo or Sue. There's no point of being in a "rebuild" if you don't play your best youth over average players.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the better sides listed.
I find it hard to leave Elliot out though given how well he finished the year. Perhaps he should try add some more quality mass, because id have no dramas with him being a starting front rower when the interchange gets reduced.
Hard to leave Ogden out to, competition for spots is good especially in the forwards.
1. How so when Meaney is at Fullback instead of Hoppa
2. The Holland/Smith partnership has been split up.
3. Not a fan of Lichaa, however Woolford is not a shadow of Lichaa (yet - still too raw and not FG ready)...Have you been watching ISP?
3. JMK is in the team. Why? - what have you been watching.
4. No Elliot. Why? - what have you been watching.
5. No Ogden. Why? - what have you been watching.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Harper
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. CHN
15. Ogden
16. Elliot
17. To'omaga

18. Sue
19. Fualalo
20. JMK

-------------------------------------------------
- Hopoate isn't our future at fullback so we might as well see how Meaney develops
- We need to keep Holland/Smith together, they were building a good combo and just need to improve their defence.
- Lewis needs to be the halfback and primary playmaker, that way it also gives Foran a better chance at lasting the whole season.
- I'm not Martin's biggest fan but he will be in there for his goalkicking.
- I feel like CHN can provide a spark off the bench due to the way he plays and due to him being able to cover the backs I'd rather him off the bench then RFM.
- To'omaga has a lot of upside and needs to be in the team over Fualalo or Sue. There's no point of being in a "rebuild" if you don't play your best youth over average players.
I really hope I eat my words regarding Meaney, and all the best to him, but I really doubt he is a FG Fullback. No doubt he has excelled in ISP, but he’s just showed nothing in FG with Newcastle. I know everyone’s going to say but he’s only played a few games, but so has, amongst many others:

- Lachlan Lewis
- Drinkwater
- Jerome Hughes
- Remis Smith
- Lue
- Lomax

When you’ve got it you’ve got it.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Crighton
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Sue
11. RFM
12. CHN
13. Jackson (c)

14. Tolman
15. Ogden
16. Martin

Definitely spots up for grabs especially in the outside backs and hooker. A lot will come down to performance in pre season. Pay has shown he doesnt mind mixing it up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. How so when Meaney is at Fullback instead of Hoppa
2. The Holland/Smith partnership has been split up.
3. Not a fan of Lichaa, however Woolford is not a shadow of Lichaa (yet - still too raw and not FG ready)...Have you been watching ISP?
3. JMK is in the team. Why? - what have you been watching.
4. No Elliot. Why? - what have you been watching.
5. No Ogden. Why? - what have you been watching.
sorry mate i will forward my opinions to you for approval in the future haha. its not my team, just said it want a bad one... my team has already been listed (again here it is below)

1. Hoppa (for now.. speed worries me, but not sold on Meaney yet)
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Bergamin
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Woolford (if he stays and can last 80)
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. Elliot
15. Mariner
16. Ogden
17. To'Omagaa

* will always leave Foran out because he's broken

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry mate i will forward my opinions to you for approval in the future haha. its not my team, just said it want a bad one... my team has already been listed.
Your right it did come across a bit aggressive didn’t it! My bad! Not my intentions. Just showing my passion. I am genuinely interested in, and encourage everyone’s opinions on all things Bulldogs.

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry mate i will forward my opinions to you for approval in the future haha. its not my team, just said it want a bad one... my team has already been listed (again here it is below)

1. Hoppa (for now.. speed worries me, but not sold on Meaney yet)
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Bergamin
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Woolford (if he stays and can last 80)
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. Elliot
15. Mariner
16. Ogden
17. To'Omagaa

* will always leave Foran out because he's broken
Yeah I remember reading your suggested team a few days ago. Close to what I think aswell. I just perhaps thought Foran instead of Cogger and as much as it hurts to say the names but “Montoya” instead of Bergs and “Lichaa” instead of Woolford.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I remember reading your suggested team a few days ago. Close to what I think aswell. I just perhaps thought Foran instead of Cogger and as much as it hurts to say the names but “Montoya” instead of Bergs and “Lichaa” instead of Woolford.
Yeah hopefully we get abit more clarity before the new year in regards to who may be coming or if anyone is leaving. If Foran can stay fit and not be a liability in defence again then I'm happy for him to start. Montoya would be ok if it's 2017 Marcelo, 2018 form and he can fuck right off lol. Lichaa is a hard one, we know he can play 80 and I want a 4 forward bench so that's a tough one, if Woolford is going im happy to hold him another year and wait for a better recruit.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe we can’t sign a decent centre and I’m so pissed off that pay didn’t give Cleeland a go in first grade ahead of Frawley......it’s not like we were ever in semi finals contention....it was the perfect opportunity to see him perform with better players around him....he was going to leave at the end of 2017 if Hasler was still coaching but pay wanted him to stay....feel sorry for the kid because all he wantS is an opportunity and I honestly believe he has potential....look at Lewis.....what did he do in nsw cup...nothing special....but put him in first grade with better players and he plays so much better....pay should have given him a go
Have read that Cleeland is 26-27 years old, but the current (GF Big League) lists him born in 1996 which would make him 22 if so i think he should be kept, he has shown spark.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have read that Cleeland is 26-27 years old, but the current (GF Big League) lists him born in 1996 which would make him 22 if so i think he should be kept, he has shown spark.
I think he is 27, not 22. He has played almost every game at 5/8 this year and mostly played 80 minutes.
He is also an accomplished goal kicker. I think he is a better option than JMK. I am disappointed that he has at least not been tried,
but the top 30 may have had an impact on that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could CHN play frontrow if bench interchange altered? Has the frame. The game is going that way with more mobile forwards.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. meaney
2. smith
3. hoppa
4. holland/montoya
5. montoya / crichton
6. lewis
7. foran
8. tolman
9. lichaa
10. klemmer
11. chn
12. rfm
13. jacko

14. toomaga / ogden
15. fualolo
16. sue
17. martin / elliot

18. brown
19. cerruto
20. okunbor
21. woolford
22. jmk
23. harper
24. cogger

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't see that squad make the 8 sorry guys. we are two backs short / one hooker for us to be a consistent side.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1) Meaney
2) Smith
3) CHN
4) Holland
5) Crichton
6) Foran
7) Lewis
8) Tolman
9) Woolford
10) Klemmer
11) Sue
12) RFM
13) Jackson
14) Martin
15) Elliott
16) Fualolo
17) Lichaa

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1) Meaney
2) Smith
3) CHN
4) Holland
5) Crichton
6) Foran
7) Lewis
8) Tolman
9) Woolford
10) Klemmer
11) Sue
12) RFM
13) Jackson
14) Martin
15) Elliott
16) Fualolo
17) Lichaa
Lichaa will be playing 9 next year fullstop! Unless something extraodinary happens between now and the start of next season the thats the way it will be. The club is happy to let his contract run out.
JMK will be playing the no.14 untility role like this year.

CHN wasn't bought to play in the centres.

At the moment Woolford is not part of the dogs plans.

Currently we have 29 in our squad, there is one more spot open. Club wants to get rid of 2 players from the squad(They are regular reserve graders).
Then we will have 27, with 3 positions to fill and some money in the cap.

Don't expect any Marquee signings until 2021.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Could CHN play frontrow if bench interchange altered? Has the frame. The game is going that way with more mobile forwards.
If it came down to those two then i'd say RFM would be suited to that role a little better than CHN.

CHN's running style looks more suited to an edge as he appears a lot more comfortable coming onto the ball running a nice line and using a step to cut through the defence. RFM's running style is a lot more unorthodox as he kind of bounces off his feet and can constantly change direction.

We currently have more than enough middle forwards that will tuck the ball under their arm and run straight all the time, having someone like RFM through the middle might help us break down defensive lines and give us a little more firepower across the park. If CHN did move there instead then i think he would just turn into something we already have enough of....ideally i'd have them both on the edges but with what we have available that might be a little hard and wasteful.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa will be playing 9 next year fullstop! Unless something extraodinary happens between now and the start of next season the thats the way it will be. The club is happy to let his contract run out.
JMK will be playing the no.14 untility role like this year.

CHN wasn't bought to play in the centres.

At the moment Woolford is not part of the dogs plans.

Currently we have 29 in our squad, there is one more spot open. Club wants to get rid of 2 players from the squad(They are regular reserve graders).
Then we will have 27, with 3 positions to fill and some money in the cap.

Don't expect any Marquee signings until 2021.
Mate, you’re the closest we have on here to inside mail, albeit I understand not everything you hear will actually land. You got a gut feel about this Manu speculation?