2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the best fullback we have by immeasurable amounts. But he is a journeyman fullback. It doesnt say much for most of the others as a fullback.
He lacks speed, his positional play is second rate, and his defence is suspect. Meaney must be given first go at fullback without doubt.
I think his huge pay packet could be better utilised somewhere else.
I respect your opinion but see it differently.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what the future is for Hoppa? Played great at fullback but we need more speed there. I'd give Meaney first crack at FB (but I like the idea of Smith having a go too). I can see Harper stepping up to FG next year, and I reckon Olive is a better centre than Hoppa too. Maybe Hoppa's someone we could move on and make a bit of cap space?

I like him, and Pay will probably pick him (FB or Centre), but I don't see where he fits in our top team.
Hoppa was one of our most consistent players this year,have you watched olive play,I've watched him a few times this year,attacking game good,defence and mistake rate,abysmal,scored 2 tries yesterday,but made some crucial errors,and the dragons centre really made him look ordinary at times

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Harper
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Woolford
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15. Elliot
16. RFM
17. Holland

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney (gk)
2. Crichton
3. Hoppa
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. CHN
13. Jackson (c)

14. Holland
15. Danny.F
16. Sue
17. Elliott

Martin misses out with chn and rfm ahead of him. Still think we need a better fullback to beat the better sides. Hope Meaney proves me wrong.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to stop being blinded by Martins goal kicking. Admittedly his the best in the game. But need to look at his overall game. First of all someone has to miss out because you cant carry an edge backrower on the bench. Assuming Jackson gets moved to lock that leaves rfm, chn and martin completing for 2 spots. In my opinion looking at there overall game disgrading goal kicking chn and rfm are better than martin. There latrell movement is better footwork is better there both quicker break more tackles and generally harder to handle when running the ball. Only way martin plays is if rfm as well as jackson both move to middle but I doubt that will happen.

Someone answer me this. Why is Martin and Ogden still playing in the isp finals while Lewis and Smith are not? Keep in mind both lewis and smith are both well and truly eligible and both arent injured. Pretty obvious that Pay and the coaching staff see lewis and smith as nrl players while ogden and martin are not.

Last edited:

Dogsup

Waterboy
Reaction score
People need to stop being blinded by Martins goal kicking. Admittedly his the best in the game. But need to look at his overall game. First of all someone has to miss out because you cant carry an edge backrower on the bench. Assuming Jackson gets moved to lock that leaves rfm, chn and martin completing for 2 spots. In my opinion looking at there overall game disgrading goal kicking chn and rfm are better than martin. There latrell movement is better footwork is better there both quicker break more tackles and generally harder to handle when running the ball. Only way martin plays is if rfm as well as jackson both move to middle but I doubt that will happen.

Someone answer me this. Why is Martin and Ogden still playing in the isp finals while Lewis and Smith are not? Keep in mind both lewis and smith are both well and truly eligible and both arent injured. Pretty obvious that Pay and the coaching staff see lewis and smith as nrl players while ogden and martin are not.
Your kidding yourself,

Someone answer me this. Why is Martin and Ogden still playing in the isp finals while Lewis and Smith are not? Keep in mind both lewis and smith are both well and truly eligible and both arent injured. Pretty obvious that Pay and the coaching staff see lewis and smith as nrl players while ogden and martin

Martin's only played a handful of Nrl games,give the guy a chance. In my eyes the guy has played outstanding and deserves a spot in 1st grade. Turning 4 into 6 is exactly what we need especially when your rebuilding every point u can get is the difference between winning and losing.

Tez01

New Pup
Reaction score
Spoke to Deano on Sunday on the way to the game. They are in the middle of negotiations with Cleeland. There will be 2 more players let go in the off season - one will be Leecha the other not sure. Also there are suggestions that we may be basing ourselves at Kogarah when ANZ is being rebuilt but more than likely it will be Parra stadium

Tez01

New Pup
Reaction score
you may also find that Foran could be playing hooker next year..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Spoke to Deano on Sunday on the way to the game. They are in the middle of negotiations with Cleeland. There will be 2 more players let go in the off season - one will be Leecha the other not sure. Also there are suggestions that we may be basing ourselves at Kogarah when ANZ is being rebuilt but more than likely it will be Parra stadium
Not sure why our coach would be speaking so openly about that sort of thing.

Cleeland - Was told by the club months ago he is free to explore other options and would not be re-signed. The bloke is turning 28 next year and yet to debut. That's too old for even the best of players. Club are focussed on Wakeham (now too old for Flegg) and Cogger in 2019 for ISP.

Lichaa - still under contract with the club for 2019 (final year), so unless we've found a buyer for him (and left ourselves short a hooker), it's business as usual.

We've got heaps of players off contract in NSW Cup, it will be two of them, not Lichaa.

Jubliee Oval - With the Dragons now fully sold (no longer under NRL control), they'll lockout Jubliee as their own home ground. WIN Stadium there is development going on around now, and parking is nigh on impossible there. Dogs will use Western Sydney Stadium and Belmore Sports Ground during the rebuild.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Foz will be in the halves alongside Lewis, with Lichaa at hooker and possibly Brown coming off the bench.

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. Meaney (gk)
2. Crichton
3. Hoppa
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. CHN
13. Jackson (c)

14. Holland
15. Danny.F
16. Sue
17. Elliott

Martin misses out with chn and rfm ahead of him. Still think we need a better fullback to beat the better sides. Hope Meaney proves me wrong.
Martin would have to be in the lineup on his goal kicking alone. With his % you can’t leave him out even if others are slightly better in my opinion

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score

Cleeland - Was told by the club months ago he is free to explore other options and would not be re-signed. The bloke is turning 28 next year and yet to debut. That's too old for even the best of players. Club are focussed on Wakeham (now too old for Flegg) and Cogger in 2019 for ISP.

Lichaa - still under contract with the club for 2019 (final year), so unless we've found a buyer for him (and left ourselves short a hooker), it's business as usual.

We've got heaps of players off contract in NSW Cup, it will be two of them, not Lichaa.

Jubliee Oval - With the Dragons now fully sold (no longer under NRL control), they'll lockout Jubliee as their own home ground. WIN Stadium there is development going on around now, and parking is nigh on impossible there. Dogs will use Western Sydney Stadium and Belmore Sports Ground during the rebuild.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Foz will be in the halves alongside Lewis, with Lichaa at hooker and possibly Brown coming off the bench.
Jubilee is owned by georges river council not saints. If council can increase use and revenue I can see them doing it. Wouldn’t mind playing there for a couple of seasons, I live 5 mins from there!

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on bro, who you kidding. Stop telling porkies

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more if I tried

Tez01

New Pup
Reaction score
believe what you will.. We did speak to Deano for around 20mins walking to the ground. What I posted was exactly what was said. They are trying their best to offload at least 2 more players. Lichaa definitely one.. Deano not a fan of Brown and he said he was serious contemplating Foran to hooker to give Cogger and Lewis the halves positions! There has been no decision on a home ground as the have next year to figure it out but they lose far too much money playing at belmore so it has been ruled out completely. Kogarah has more corporate facilities to attract us going there but Parra stadium would be more than likely the way they will go. Also Cleeland still in talks to extend contract. Deano said he would have gave him a run to spark our attack especially with Foran injuries but Cleeland was not in our top 30

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dude has chalk for bones and rotten elastic bands for ligaments, he couldn't even take a shit without his arse prolapsing and falling through it .
He'd be lucky to make it to trials next year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
believe what you will.. We did speak to Deano for around 20mins walking to the ground. What I posted was exactly what was said. They are trying their best to offload at least 2 more players. Lichaa definitely one.. Deano not a fan of Brown and he said he was serious contemplating Foran to hooker to give Cogger and Lewis the halves positions! There has been no decision on a home ground as the have next year to figure it out but they lose far too much money playing at belmore so it has been ruled out completely. Kogarah has more corporate facilities to attract us going there but Parra stadium would be more than likely the way they will go. Also Cleeland still in talks to extend contract. Deano said he would have gave him a run to spark our attack especially with Foran injuries but Cleeland was not in our top 30
But we apparently only used 29 players this season so he could of got a go if Pay wanted him you'd think.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happen to the talk of seggy signing with us?