2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone else think woolford is no where near first grade
He hasn’t really improved at all if you watched him play 2 years ago and watched him now you couldn’t tell the difference.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what the future is for Hoppa? Played great at fullback but we need more speed there. I'd give Meaney first crack at FB (but I like the idea of Smith having a go too). I can see Harper stepping up to FG next year, and I reckon Olive is a better centre than Hoppa too. Maybe Hoppa's someone we could move on and make a bit of cap space?

I like him, and Pay will probably pick him (FB or Centre), but I don't see where he fits in our top team.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what the future is for Hoppa? Played great at fullback but we need more speed there. I'd give Meaney first crack at FB (but I like the idea of Smith having a go too). I can see Harper stepping up to FG next year, and I reckon Olive is a better centre than Hoppa too. Maybe Hoppa's someone we could move on and make a bit of cap space?

I like him, and Pay will probably pick him (FB or Centre), but I don't see where he fits in our top team.
He’s the best FB we have by unmeasurable amounts. I don’t quite know how people fail to see the level of skill and impact this guy has. It’s the same old story with the Morris boys. People bag them for being over the hill and old, yet they were without a doubt two of the best and most impactful players we had (particularly during our hot run).

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He hasn’t really improved at all if you watched him play 2 years ago and watched him now you couldn’t tell the difference.
Agree. I'm not a fan and i thought he was overrated in the 20s. As far as i know he hasnt been resigned. Has anyone heard anything???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Speed is only one factor. Look at James Roberts... rather average towards the end of the season.

Hoppa ball plays and has great support work. We just need other players backing him up if he makes a break into the back field.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson
14. Sue
15. elliott
16. RFM
17. Fualalo

18. Ogden
19. C.Smith
20. Toomaga
21. Cogger
22. JMK
23. Montoya
24. Meaney
25. Nu Brown
26. Burr
27. Tualau
28. Okenbour
28. Olive
29. Cerutto
30. Cleeland

Does anyone know if Cerutto & Cleeland have re-signed yet?
My pick of the players signed so far is CHN, I think he would make a very good centre as well.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My pick of the players signed so far is CHN, I think he would make a very good centre as well.
Well one would hope that's the case seeing as he is the only signing who wasn't signed on minimum wage. I think some people keep forgetting that all.our other signings have been minimum wage.

I also think Crighton looked very good tonight. Solid u der the high ball for a shorter winger, strong running out of trouble, good in defence, and has enough speed to finish a try.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa
Smith
Holland
Cerruto
Bergamin/Chrichton/Meaney
Foran
Lewis
Tolman
Lichaa
Klemmer
CHN
Martin
Jackson

Woolford
Sue
Toomaga
Elliot

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa
Smith
Holland
Cerruto
Bergamin/Chrichton/Meaney
Foran
Lewis
Tolman
Lichaa
Klemmer
CHN
Martin
Jackson

Woolford
Sue
Toomaga
Elliot
Close but no cigar IMO. I too would love to see Ceruto given a crack in FG

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s the best FB we have by unmeasurable amounts. I don’t quite know how people fail to see the level of skill and impact this guy has. It’s the same old story with the Morris boys. People bag them for being over the hill and old, yet they were without a doubt two of the best and most impactful players we had (particularly during our hot run).
He is the best fullback we have by immeasurable amounts. But he is a journeyman fullback. It doesnt say much for most of the others as a fullback.
He lacks speed, his positional play is second rate, and his defence is suspect. Meaney must be given first go at fullback without doubt.
I think his huge pay packet could be better utilised somewhere else.