2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I hope we look at signing Pat Herbert from the Dragons NSW Cup. The Dragons have announced he has been released and he would be a great depth option all across the backline
Him and Garrick... would come cheap and both very capable replacements for Bergamin and Carr (and would add real punch to the backline).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any talk of Olam coming can be put to rest he re-signed with the Storm.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any talk of Olam coming can be put to rest he re-signed with the Storm.
I don't understand how a member on here can confirm that we signed him when its a blatant lie... He should befriend the Honey Badger (Nick Cummins).

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How about someone like Tyrell Fuimaono from Souths? He reminds me a lot of CHN. He’s an aggressive centre who can also cover the backrow (not that we need it).

1. Hoppa
2. Holland
3. Fuimaono
4. Harper
5. Smith

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we look at signing Pat Herbert from the Dragons NSW Cup. The Dragons have announced he has been released and he would be a great depth option all across the backline
I dont see either of these guys being an improvement on Bergamin and Carr. I think the ISP is well catered for.
We need a strike centre and we will be good for the season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about someone like Tyrell Fuimaono from Souths? He reminds me a lot of CHN. He’s an aggressive centre who can also cover the backrow (not that we need it).

1. Hoppa
2. Holland
3. Fuimaono
4. Harper
5. Smith
Reminds of Jack Bird actually, play similar games for what I’ve seen.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont see either of these guys being an improvement on Bergamin and Carr. I think the ISP is well catered for.
We need a strike centre and we will be good for the season.
Either of those guys? Who is the other you are talking about?
Herbert is a gun if you’ve watched the Dragons NSW Cup he definitely has a lot of potential.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Either of those guys? Who is the other you are talking about?
Herbert is a gun if you’ve watched the Dragons NSW Cup he definitely has a lot of potential.
Herbert and Garrick. Not an upgrade on what we have. Herbert has not been resigned so that says something.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If hes such a gun, why did they release him? Maybe they see something in Lafai that nobody else sees.
They have Pierea and Lomax, both recently cracked grade and both great talents. Can’t keep them all.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe we're stuck with JMK till 2020, what the actual fuck?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
French appears to be signing soon, if we can add a decent centre I suppose that that left side will be good to go.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs' top five tries of 2018

For all you Hopa haters pay attention to his involvement in 3/5 of the trys. Yeah Meaney is a better option....rightio

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/09/bulldogs-top-five-tries-of-2018/
Hoppa is better obviously, but if the club is looking to sign French who is after a fullback position, where do they all play? Not to say Meaney is a certainty to play in the first grade team upon arrival... my concern is that Hoppa really is not much of a centre and would be wasted if put back there... he was far more effective when Dudbye left

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa is better obviously, but if the club is looking to sign French who is after a fullback position, where do they all play? Not to say Meaney is a certainty to play in the first grade team upon arrival... my concern is that Hoppa really is not much of a centre and would be wasted if put back there... he was far more effective when Dudbye left
French on the wing, sign another centre or most likely Pay will move Montoya there

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sio & Corey Dennis on the out in Newcastle, who are playing games with their contract renewals. May be because they have their eyes on someone else? Just thinking...Montoya could be a comparable/ready made replacement for them, particularly because it’s been widely reported that we’re going to offload a few more players before next season + we all know how much Nathan Brown is a fein for our players.

Article below

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...k-away-after-pathetic-contract-offer/?cs=7597