News 2019 Draw

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m the first to admit that when it came to draws, the Roosters were handed a cushy one in 2018. It was actually too good to be true.
In keeping with NRL policy that no team are permitted to win back to back titles, next year the NRL have handed the premiers IMO the toughest draw of any team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knights twice ok

Titans and Faders once, we got a tough draw. Any team who gets those 3 twice is at an advantage.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel if we can beat teams presumably finishing 9 and bellow, then hopefully overcoming at least half of the teams in the 8 we will be looking great.

However it’s inevitable, we’re gonna chuck games and other variables such as refs and injuries will alter our performance immensely.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also.

Raiders game is the when we will have our Origin contingent (lets be honest - Klemmer) missing. The positive of this is though, we play the following Monday. So Klemmer will have a full 4 day rest (Wednesday --> Monday)

Second Origin is between rounds 14 & 15 - based on this year, I do not believe this will affect the Roosters.
Well this is now totally useless.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you need to know for your NRL team's 2019 draw

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Teams they play twice: Eels, Wests Tigers, Storm, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Cowboys, Knights, Roosters, Broncos.

Teams they play once: Warriors, Sea Eagles, Titans, Raiders, Sharks, Panthers.

Day-by-day breakdown: Thursday - Three, Friday - Three, Saturday - Nine, Sunday - Eight, Monday - One.

Five-day turnarounds: 2 (Rd 6, Rd 23).

Kick-off: The Dogs face a daunting start to the season with a trip to Auckland to lock horns with the Warriors as well as a round-four meeting with the Storm in Melbourne and they only have one home game in the first month of their campaign.

Dont know if this is a typo but we are listed to play 2 trials on same day. Not scheduled for another trial after that.

Saturday February 23
Titans v Cowboys: 5pm at Sunshine Coast Stadium

Broncos v PNG Hunters: 5.30pm at Oil Search Stadium, Port Moresby

Rabbitohs v Panthers: 6pm at Redfern

Raiders v Bulldogs: 6pm at TBC

Bulldogs v Wests Tigers: 6.30pm at Belmore Sports Ground

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't mind the draw to be honest. Taking my daughter on her first overseas holiday for round 1. Gonna have a 8 or 9 days in NZ with the game prob on the second or third day. Keen as beans. Think we might kick the season off with a win for the first time in what feels like ages. Pumped for 2019 already!
Enjoy Gods country

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be the best we have to beat the best

I just want to see how many games will involve the Sutton brothers

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will do mate I'm sure. Going for 10 days. You anywhere near Auckland? Anything you have to suggest while we are over there?
You have to go to Rotorua, about 2 hours drive south. One of the greatest places in the world