Official 2019 Annual Report

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excuses? I call it reality.
How is time running out? The football club board were just re-elected unopposed. If things were that bad a rival ticket would've formed.
In 18 months it will be fair to judge them - but not now - well that's my view anyway.
Excuses/reasons is the same thing it’s what people tell you when something doesn’t happen. This has nothing to do with elections if they are only doing things to get re-elected their priorities are wrong. They are over half way to the point (2022) where the shit will really hit the fan if they haven’t got things in order that’s time running out in my book.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Excuses/reasons is the same thing it’s what people tell you when something doesn’t happen. This has nothing to do with elections if they are only doing things to get re-elected their priorities are wrong. They are over half way to the point (2022) where the shit will really hit the fan if they haven’t got things in order that’s time running out in my book.
All good. I see it quite differently.
For me mid-2021 will be time to consider performance leading into plans beyond the 2022 election.
In the meantime I have no issues with the current direction.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All good. I see it quite differently.
For me mid-2021 will be time to consider performance leading into plans beyond the 2022 election.
In the meantime I have no issues with the current direction.
The only thing that has impressed me in the junior pathways and that’s mainly due to John Khoury’s work. The rest of their hasn’t been that impressive or particularly bad it’s just been ok. Those sponsorship numbers are rather disappointing it’s obvious they have under sold the sponsorships to fill the jerseys it doesn’t bode well for the major sponsor.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing that has impressed me in the junior pathways and that’s mainly due to John Khoury’s work. The rest of their hasn’t been that impressive or particularly bad it’s just been ok. Those sponsorship numbers are rather disappointing it’s obvious they have under sold the sponsorships to fill the jerseys it doesn’t bode well for the major sponsor.
As I said - work in progress - so I'm not prepared to say good or bad right now. Overall I see more good than bad, but clearly not all either way.
How is it obvious re: sponsorship value? Most of the current sponsors (bar KIA as major partner) have re-signed and KIA stayed onboard in some capacity rather than walking completely.
If there was unhappiness regarding sponsorship price, value and/or relationship I'd say the results would speak for themselves in terms of renewals (or lack thereof).
You're saying undersold because they didn't put the price up? Not really in a position to do that right now until on field results continue to improve, so retention has been successful.
Same re: membership. Yes, they need to improve their processes, communication etc, but on-field results are what's really going to drive the fickle punter and their dollar.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I said - work in progress - so I'm not prepared to say good or bad right now. Overall I see more good than bad, but clearly not all either way.
How is it obvious re: sponsorship value? Most of the current sponsors (bar KIA as major partner) have re-signed and KIA stayed onboard in some capacity rather than walking completely.
If there was unhappiness regarding sponsorship price, value and/or relationship I'd say the results would speak for themselves in terms of renewals (or lack thereof).
You're saying undersold because they didn't put the price up? Not really in a position to do that right now until on field results continue to improve, so retention has been successful.
Same re: membership. Yes, they need to improve their processes, communication etc, but on-field results are what's really going to drive the fickle punter and their dollar.
The sponsorship numbers are there in the report on page 78. 2018($7 266 605) compared to 2019 ($5 737 953). That included the KIA sponsorship in both years so all they are all minor sponsorships that have been undersold because that’s a massive drop.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The sponsorship numbers are there in the report on page 78. 2018($7 266 605) compared to 2019 ($5 737 953). That included the KIA sponsorship in both years so all they are all minor sponsorships that have been undersold because that’s a massive drop.
So is it better to retain them on a lower number or let them walk all together?
Again - given the last two years of on-field results for reasons we all know why - it's normal to expect that sponsors were not willing to pay the same let alone cop a price increase.
I believe this will sort itself out over the next two seasons - again for obvious reasons.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So is it better to retain them on a lower number or let them walk all together?
Again - given the last two years of on-field results for reasons why all know why - it's normal to expect that sponsors were not willing to pay the same let alone cop a price increase.
I believe this will sort itself out over the next two seasons - again for obvious reasons.
Even taking into account the clubs situation I think the numbers are disappointing. I expected a drop but not to that extent. Anyway let’s see what happens.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Even taking into account the clubs situation I think the numbers are disappointing. I expected a drop but not to that extent. Anyway let’s see what happens.
Yep. Next 18 months.
'Mark my words' :-) (is there even such a thread or is that TK Folklore?)

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The annual report has popped up online for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. It's not great reading on the financials but given the situation I doubt it's much of a surprise.

Sponsorship and corporate hospitality was down $1 526 652, season tickets and game day tickets was down $78 522 and merchandise down was $272 876.

Overall the club was in the hole for $4 474 518 of course this is all covered by the Leagues Club.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2020/2019-annual-report-final.pdf
Unfortunately unless the team win games,it's not going to get better,memberships for this year are currently down,to their lowest levels in ten years,we need the so called fans out there to put their money where their mouth is,we've endured 3 terrible years,but my platinum tickets are renewed every year,regardless..

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw the captains photos with the premiership trophy and saw storm have a new major sponsor for their jersey after purple bricks fell through... any word on ours?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The proof is in the pudding.
Are you saying Sara Lee is our new sponsor? Not what I’ve heard but they have better desserts than Wicked Sister

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol...

Must say cant ever recall us struggling to attract a major sponsor before.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never like this, a week out from season start!
We played several games with a blank jersey in 2001 and 2009 we had Camp Quality on there until we got a major sponsor.