2018 Trial V Raiders (Legal Stream link in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Just bought some GA tickets. The only grandstand tickets left are right at the ends and I wont pay 40 bucks for that.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've attended a few trials in both Tamworth and Dubbo. But I agree that the price for trials should be a lot more reasonable.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its great they get a game to watch locally, but the prices to attend sports in australia is pretty heftly. I get that the clubs need enough revenue to survive, but i cant help but think that if the prices were half as much, twice as many people would go.

I really don't think that is the case. Like if I wanted to go to the game I honestly just go and find out at the gate how much it is... there has never been a time in my life that I check how much the tickets to the game is first before I decide whether I want to go or not. I'm sure most people are the same, yeah you get a few tight asses that would but not many surley...

When people are filling up fuel in all seriousness how many look at the price and decide na we got to the next one and so on until they find a cheapie? Again I doubt too many people

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't think that is the case. Like if I wanted to go to the game I honestly just go and find out at the gate how much it is... there has never been a time in my life that I check how much the tickets to the game is first before I decide whether I want to go or not. I'm sure most people are the same, yeah you get a few tight asses that would but not many surley...

When people are filling up fuel in all seriousness how many look at the price and decide na we got to the next one and so on until they find a cheapie? Again I doubt too many people
There are plenty that check the prices of everything, even doing their everyday shopping partly at Coles, partly at Woolworths, partly at Aldi & the local shops. It sounds like you are financially fortunate, but plenty aren't like pensioners.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope to see this side:

1. Mbye
2. Montoya
3. Jarred Anderson?
4. Okunbor
5. Carr
6. Brown
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. To’omaga
13. Elliot

14. Priest
15. Tualau
16. Ogden
17. Garlick

Cleeland, Bergamin, RFM, Fualalo, Holland and Lewis to come on in the second half.

No point in playing the Morris twins, Hoppa, Jacko etc in this game. Let them have the extra break and play in the next trial where we should have a near full strength side out. Foran probably won’t be ready anyway.

Will be curious to see how Mbye, Carr, Anderson, To’omaga and Ogden go.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Na bro i was going to fly up to the game, but i have plan already. You going???
Normally yes as I don't get to see the dogs much. But with the baby due the same day not going to happen :(

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty that check the prices of everything, even doing their everyday shopping partly at Coles, partly at Woolworths, partly at Aldi & the local shops. It sounds like you are financially fortunate, but plenty aren't like pensioners.

Mate at the age of 30 I had never owned my own car I was doing it that tough.. nothing to do with the money it's just nothing I've ever done especially for a footy game... the difference in price for general admission couldn't be that huge between stadiums or games..10-20 dollars absolute max?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pricing was the same in Tamworth a few year's back. Didnt stop the locals from filling up the grandstands
They will often support it as it can be their only opportunity to see nrl footy.

As a kid in the Riverina we drive to places like Griffith, Narrandera, west wyalong, Wagga Wagga and Albury from Leeton to watch pre season games.

Difference I see though, is that back then, we saw proper pre season cup games that were taken seriously. Often trials are now just training runs where teams use like 30 players.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Normally yes as I don't get to see the dogs much. But with the baby due the same day not going to happen :(
Congratz brother!! good news to kick off the season :P another dog supporter on the way haha

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congratz brother!! good news to kick off the season :P another dog supporter on the way haha
Thanks.

I was just thinking today if u should be purchasing some gear.

My nephew is now 6. When he was younger I bought him a jacket that said: "future bulldog". I think my BIL never let him wear it..

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks.

I was just thinking today if u should be purchasing some gear.

My nephew is now 6. When he was younger I bought him a jacket that said: "future bulldog". I think my BIL never let him wear it..
Lol it's never a wrong time to buy brother, i'll be getting married this year and the misses is already part of the kennel full time as she loves coming to the games with me, so when i join the fatherhood club i would buy as much bulldogs merchandise for my little one :P

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Obviously not married with children

Reactions: DT

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They will often support it as it can be their only opportunity to see nrl footy.

As a kid in the Riverina we drive to places like Griffith, Narrandera, west wyalong, Wagga Wagga and Albury from Leeton to watch pre season games.

Difference I see though, is that back then, we saw proper pre season cup games that were taken seriously. Often trials are now just training runs where teams use like 30 players.
Agree completely. If i get to sydney these days it's usually a flying visit where i barely have time to greet the relo's. So I've traveled to most of the Dubbo trials as well as those in Tamworth. I think from memory that the last city country game in Tamworth was cheaper than these trial tickets. I will occasionally schedule trips to Sydney aroiund dogs games but like you say some people will take any chance they can to see NRL players past or present. I've personally traveled to Tamworth a few times to watch the legends of league clashes which boast retired NRL players.

True. For anyone on a really tight budget $30 a ticket is a fair chunk of cashto spend when you are going to largely be seeing youngsters or lower grade players trying to earn a shot and whichever incumbents are there using it as a fitness run.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously not married with children

That's not correct either but anyway I guess everyone is different. You can go the the game without spending money on food and alcohol that would be a start to not make it such a big spending day. Game only goes for 80 mins

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big bash $65 for 2 adults and 2 kids

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not correct either but anyway I guess everyone is different. You can go the the game without spending money on food and alcohol that would be a start to not make it such a big spending day. Game only goes for 80 mins
I apologise, guess i'm on a tighter budget than most. But not buying smoething at the footy is like going to the Pictures and not buying pop corn

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway was going to go but wifey in for a knee replacement, game on two days after op, and its 4 Kawana is 4 hours drive from Ballina so hope we get updates of some sort from anyone thats going, with a bit of luck we might get some footage on NRL sight etc, got to do the right thing i suppose, even though she is a wests supporter,( that never seen a wests game -sorry old school west tigers, always watches the dogs games and gets just as disappointed and fired up as anyone when we play bad) She is going to Lismore for her op should have put her up to John Flynn at the gold coast, might have been able to sneek away.

Status
Not open for further replies.