2018 SG Ball - Discussion Thread (Season Ended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A few thoughts on THAT game:

1. In the first half Canterbury had a 5 tackle set

2. In the first half Penrith had a 7 tackle set

3. Half time Penalties Penrith 3-0

4. Penrith knock-on in the lead up to a try that put them 8 up

5. send off for eye gouging right in front of the touch judge? Is he paying the penalty the DCE should have paid?

6. Full time penalties Penrith 6-2.

This referee was sponsored by Gerard Sutton Betting Inc.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
SEASON REVIEW - SG Ball

13 Games (inc Knights game)
9 Wins / 4 Losses

Avr FOR: 464 (35 points per game)
Avr AGAINST: 243 (18 points per game)
Avr Game Score: 35 - 18 WIN

Season Try Scorers

FIFTEEN TRIES
Logen Dillon

NINE TRIES
Tommy Talau

SEVEN TRIES
Kurt Picken
Iverson Fuatimau
Jake Averillo
Tyrone Harding

FIVE TRIES
Ryan Gray
Kolinio Saukuru
Jackson Topine
James Valevatu

FOUR TRIES
William Saunders

THREE TRIES
Christopher Patolo

TWO TRIES
Moses Vuki

ONE TRY
Michael Fahd
Ben Mallia
Mosese Pope
Justin Filo
You know your stuff - the sgball kept improving throughout the year. Some quality in the squad. Nothing to do with the send off and the fact Dillon looks like an exceptionally quick and elusive player - does he get on with his teammates I wonder?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know your stuff - the sgball kept improving throughout the year. Some quality in the squad. Nothing to do with the send off and the fact Dillon looks like an exceptionally quick and elusive player - does he get on with his teammates I wonder?
That's why I've kept each thread and the try scorers :grinning: .. Hopefully give us something to compare previous seasons too if we expand the site.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would have been nice to win but this is more about developing talent and it’s nice to know we have a good crop coming through.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's why I've kept each thread and the try scorers :grinning: .. Hopefully give us something to compare previous seasons too if we expand the site.
The NRL should look at how the NSWRL site updates scores and stats etc - not perfect but so much better than the NRL. I think that the NRL site has marketing focus whilst the NSWRL site is for us tragics.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would be nice to hear from Logen Dillon about the send off. Find out if it was legit or not.

Such an accusation could cost him a development spot.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to hear from Logen Dillon about the send off. Find out if it was legit or not.

Such an accusation could cost him a development spot.
Like to hear from the alleged victim - no one seemed concerned apart from the touchie

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
Like to hear from the alleged victim - no one seemed concerned apart from the touchie
apparently dillon got cleared the same night. they just threw it out .he might of caused a few problems if he was out there at the back end of the game. this side were up against it from the start they had the same ref in round 6 against Penrith and got flogged in the penaltys that day. this same ref is a Penrith juniors ref I was told what a joke how does a side in junior footy only get 2 penaltlys in 70mins of football please

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
apparently dillon got cleared the same night. they just threw it out .he might of caused a few problems if he was out there at the back end of the game. this side were up against it from the start they had the same ref in round 6 against Penrith and got flogged in the penaltys that day. this same ref is a Penrith juniors ref I was told what a joke how does a side in junior footy only get 2 penaltlys in 70mins of football please
Thanks for the reply. It would be good if the NSWRL publicly stated the situation given the send off was public and the touchies allegation was made public.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats to Jake Averillo who will be debuting in Flegg this weekend after a fantastic season in SG Ball scoring 7 tries in 13 games.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talau was solid in defence and gave the side some structure from hooker for NSW U18 last night, unfortunately Doorey didn't have the same impact from the bench.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talau was solid in defence and gave the side some structure from hooker for NSW U18 last night, unfortunately Doorey didn't have the same impact from the bench.
Judging from the highlights Doorey missed some crucial tackles

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
Judging from the highlights Doorey missed some crucial tackles
your spot on mate doorey played 5min very poor in defence they took him off. and the kid on the wing for qld winters chang who I think the bulldogs have signed he had a very poor game as well

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
and the kid on the wing for qld winters chang who I think the bulldogs have signed he had a very poor game as well
Winters-Chang is a smooth mover across the field, but clearly lacked confidence under the high ball. I guess we'll find out next year if he is with the Dogs or Storm.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talau is much more suited to 5/8 - seems to have a footy brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.