2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Must not abuse Gavin Reynolds on Twitter.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we just Fuken stupid across the board. Bulldog IQ across the grades seem to be dumber then Each other and we just look so unfit

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I also agree wtf was with that ref... we got no penalties second half and he kept blowing them for jets and most of them on the 5th. What a scum

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are we just Fuken stupid across the board. Bulldog IQ across the grades seem to be dumber then Each other and we just look so unfit
The whole place just has a losing culture now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't believe what i have just seen, i'm fucking amazed that we just saw blatant cheating on live tv. This bloke is worse than a pedophile.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as the current nrl board stays in power the more the game will fall apart. No game in the world is decided by a ref like it is in the nrl. Ref gave all the ball to the jets and we just kept defending. It was obvious who they wanted to win today

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So Olive, Toomaga or Lewis didnt show much to step up to NRL?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's what really fucks me off about this sort of thing.

If you're that big of a shitcunt that you can't do your job right, and get stood down (since April 2nd mind you) from any NRL games.... why the fuck should you be allowed to referee ANY game... not just palmed off to a lower grade to continue fucking up.

First fuckup in ANY grade = stood down for following week from ALL grades and formal written warning.
Second fuckup in ANY grade = stood down for a fortnight from ALL grades, and second and final written warning.
Third fuckup in ANY grade = sacked immediately.

But these dickheads don't have the set of balls. Because there is such a shortage in refs, instead they get chance after chance after chance, until inevitably (like we've seen today), they cost a team a game.

Time for our board to stand up and start talking. The ref from today shouldn't be stood down again, he should be SACKED.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here's what really fucks me off about this sort of thing.

If you're that big of a shitcunt that you can't do your job right, and get stood down (since April 2nd mind you) from any NRL games.... why the fuck should you be allowed to referee ANY game... not just palmed off to a lower grade to continue fucking up.

First fuckup in ANY grade = stood down for following week from ALL grades and formal written warning.
Second fuckup in ANY grade = stood down for a fortnight from ALL grades, and second and final written warning.
Third fuckup in ANY grade = sacked immediately.

But these dickheads don't have the set of balls. Because there is such a shortage in refs, instead they get chance after chance after chance, until inevitably (like we've seen today), they cost a team a game.

Time for our board to stand up and start talking. The ref from today shouldn't be stood down again, he should be SACKED.
Mr I
Didn’t get to see the game today
Who looked good

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So Olive, Toomaga or Lewis didnt show much to step up to NRL?
Olive - pretty decent. Starts and stops with the ball in attack though. Setup a nice try. One bad defensive miss let a try in.
Lewis - so solid defensively. Not a centre, he's a half and wasted in centre. Didn't put a foot wrong today, but slipped over a few times. I'd like to see him benched for Holland in first grade, and then slot him into centre for Hoppa, or halves.
To'omaga - penalised a few times, decent carries and runs, did what was asked of him. But Jack Nelson was the standout forward for me today.

Cleeland and Frawley combined better this week, but Frawley choked in the end, and Cleeland clocked off about the 60th minute.

Nu Brown was excellent in attack and defence. Maybe he overplays his hand in first grade, but on today performance maybe he needs another chance.

For me Lewis / Brown promotion to NRL couldn't hurt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Olive - pretty decent. Starts and stops with the ball in attack though. Setup a nice try. One bad defensive miss let a try in.
Lewis - so solid defensively. Not a centre, he's a half and wasted in centre. Didn't put a foot wrong today, but slipped over a few times. I'd like to see him benched for Holland in first grade, and then slot him into centre for Hoppa, or halves.
To'omaga - penalised a few times, decent carries and runs, did what was asked of him. But Jack Nelson was the standout forward for me today.

Cleeland and Frawley combined better this week, but Frawley choked in the end, and Cleeland clocked off about the 60th minute.

Nu Brown was excellent in attack and defence. Maybe he overplays his hand in first grade, but on today performance maybe he needs another chance.

For me Lewis / Brown promotion to NRL couldn't hurt.
Thanks Mr I...anyone think Olive for Hoppa or Montoya? Or better option Lewis for either?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd honestly go both.

Drop Hoppa for Olive, and replace Lewis on bench for Holland.

What's the worst that can happen... yet another loss?

Gives us a chance to see if Lewis can hack first grade.

Other experiement would be Nu Brown coming off the bench.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely rhyse Martin, olive and brown are ready for a call up. And surely Frawley has done enough to see him dropped from reserve grade he is dog shit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd honestly go both.

Drop Hoppa for Olive, and replace Lewis on bench for Holland.

What's the worst that can happen... yet another loss?

Gives us a chance to see if Lewis can hack first grade.

Other experiement would be Nu Brown coming off the bench.
Sounds worth the experiment..we need something.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frawley should never go close to playing first grade again, both of Newtown’s first 2 tries came from him misreading in defence and that poor excuse for a kick with a minute left on the clock was garbage, for fuck sakes under 10’s know to kick it into touch and soak up the clock and get your defence set

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surely rhyse Martin, olive and brown are ready for a call up. And surely Frawley has done enough to see him dropped from reserve grade he is dog shit
Martin needs to work on his discipline.

Last year he was performing like Adam Elliott did last game, he was so close to a call up.

This year he's gone backwards. Lacks impact, gets lazy in defence, and in my opinion shouldn't be captain.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am so disappointed after watching the replay of this game. Leading 20 nil with 25 minutes to go and losing by 2. The final ten minutes was all it took for the good work ( and there was some) to be undone.
Once again underwhelmed with Okonbur. Turnstile in defence and missed a couple of tackles which proved costly. Tends to get turned inside out by sides.

Some of the kicks by our halves were good but others were very ordinary going straight down the throats of the back three for Newtown. Ogden made some nice runs and some of the play was quite enterprising, at times we were able to make a lot of ground and the stats in the first half proved that, when at one time, time in our own half was at 60% yet we consistently went deep into Newtown territory when we had the ball coming out from our own line.

We had an excellent chance in the second half ( with around 20-15 minutes to go) to put the game to bed going from our own line to a metre out from the opposition stripe with some nice passing and good solid runs by both backs and forwards....but we lost it cold and then after it was all Newtown in attack.

John Olive set up the first try for Frawley with a smart tap back into the in goal...Olive never gave up on the kick and his tackling was solid. Our backs helped out when we were under the pump assisting the forwards to bring the ball back down field. Lachie Lewis scored a gritty determined try after a kick from Cleeland finally found its mark and Nu Brown went over from dummy half.

Most definitely a game we should never have lost but then again last year it was the same on several occasions. A bounce back after last week's really poor form though and will have knocked the confidence of the team.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Round 8 - Saturday 28th April (LIVE ON FOXTEL)
Match: Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles
Kick off: 3:15pm
Venue: Belmore Sports Ground

BULLDOGS

1. Mason Cerruto
2. Joshua Bergamin
3. Lachlan Lewis
4. John Olive
5. Reimis Smith
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Matt Frawley
8. Francis Tualau
9. Nu Brown
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Jayden Okunbor
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Ofahiki Ogden

14. Bronson Garlick
15. Jack Nelson
16. Lachlan Burr
17. Clay Priest

19. D'Rhys Miller

BLACKTOWN WORKERS SEA EAGLES

1 Jade Anderson
2 Honeti Tuha
3 Moses Suli - ex Bulldogs
19 Tom Wright
5 Vai Toutai
6 Jackson Hastings
7 Joey Lussick
8 Lloyd Perrett - ex Bulldogs
9 Manase Fainu
10 Toff Sipley
11 Jono Wright - ex Bulldogs
12 John Folau
13 Tom Amone

14 Josh Martin
15 Tyler Cassel
18 Tekina Vailea
22 FJ Mauala

16 James Tuitahi

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can see us getting completely towelled up in this game as Hastings has a point to prove, as do 3 former Bulldogs.

Clay Priest debuting for the Dogs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see us getting completely towelled up in this game as Hastings has a point to prove, as do 3 former Bulldogs.

Clay Priest debuting for the Dogs.
Jade Anderson played Holden Cup for the Dogs.
There was also a Cassel in the 20s squad a year or so back

Status
Not open for further replies.