2018 members pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

That info should be sent to the club, not the membership people as they are in fairy land. They better fix my membership years on my card up!
Do you know how long it took to find my old cards & send them photos of them grrr

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Then that makes the AFL one even more attractive
Maybe but they are two different beasts. Joining the Dogs Footy club is like joining the leagues club. You pay your membership and that is it. Paying for a members seat at the footy is completely different. I just had a look at the AFL site and the price for an interstate membership is $130 per adult and the NRL interstate is only $65 per adult so I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from. That was as at 5 mins ago.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone even use the shitty hats or bags they used to give out? They are like Easter Show quality.

I think they had a members survey last year and a question was "would you rather pay less and not receive the usual shit we send you?", I am pretty sure I said yes.

I think they totally failed with communication though and this auto rollover shit has to stop. I turn it off every single year and every year it is back on and I have to turn it off again. The people who auto rolled over don't even get a chance to review and change, it is a stupid amateurish system.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone even use the shitty hats or bags they used to give out? They are like Easter Show quality.

I think they had a members survey last year and a question was "would you rather pay less and not receive the usual shit we send you?", I am pretty sure I said yes.

I think they totally failed with communication though and this auto rollover shit has to stop. I turn it off every single year and every year it is back on and I have to turn it off again. The people who auto rolled over don't even get a chance to review and change, it is a stupid amateurish system.
Still wearing the 2017 hat and use the cooler bag to carry my drinks at golf 3 days a week. Occasionally they get it wrong with the hats but generally they are OK and the grandkids like them. I had to add another one to my membership this year and when I rang them they turned the auto off - no problems. Then they redid it with the extra member and its all good. I've had an odd problem with the staff over the years but nothing they haven't fixed when I have spoken to them. Maybe you are just unlucky or I am lucky not sure which.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe but they are two different beasts. Joining the Dogs Footy club is like joining the leagues club. You pay your membership and that is it. Paying for a members seat at the footy is completely different. I just had a look at the AFL site and the price for an interstate membership is $130 per adult and the NRL interstate is only $65 per adult so I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from. That was as at 5 mins ago.
Member.jpg

There are several Clubs + the AFL site. Each club is different like in the NRL. This picture shows the price.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I’m usually against people complaining about the membership packs. We don’t sign up for that hat and bag or whatever and it’s usually just a bonus.

However this years “pack” is an absolute farce. At a time when the club is throwing away the hard earned money members have invested in the club by paying out CEO’s and coaches (trust me it will happen) they’ve thanked fans for their loyalty by giving the a sticker and a voucher that will entice them to hand over more money. A membership scarf would have been fine. This is a slap in the face.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received my member pack here in Singapore yesterday, yipppeeee !!

Bonus, like last year, the membership department have sent me the member packs of my two godson's I sign up each year (despite their complete lack of interest in NRL) so I now have two teen scarves and my $20 voucher I won't get to use. Should anyone want the voucher, PM me and I'll post it over 8-)

BTW; scarves are completely unnecessary in Singapore, year-round!

~c.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally got mine yesterday. My boy got a bucket hat, poster and stickers which was pretty cool

I’m back bitches!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Received my member pack here in Singapore yesterday, yipppeeee !!

Bonus, like last year, the membership department have sent me the member packs of my two godson's I sign up each year (despite their complete lack of interest in NRL) so I now have two teen scarves and my $20 voucher I won't get to use. Should anyone want the voucher, PM me and I'll post it over 8-)

BTW; scarves are completely unnecessary in Singapore, year-round!

~c.
You're a true Bulldogs fan registering all the way from Singapore @Lov_Dog. Respect+

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a true Bulldogs fan registering all the way from Singapore @Lov_Dog. Respect+
Thanks my brother! I've been a member since 2009, while residing in Texas (2008-2014) through until now and beyond. Aim for lifetime membership !
Bulldogs is my life March - October (eternal optimist) each and every year !

There's an update on the Godson's membership packs, if anyone can assist with how to load a photo without url?!

~c.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I got my platinum member pack and received a members hat , scarf , lanyard , sticker and a $20 voucher ...... can't wait for the footy to start !

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonderful hat if you are 10 years old or a wannabe banger. Us grown ups would prefer a normal one.
Unless you're Matty Johns. From the Betoota Advocate:

Report: Matty Johns Reckons He’s Pulling Off The Flat Brim
CONTACT

A recent report by the University of Newcastle has found that former Newcastle Knights legend and current Triple M Grill Team host, Matty Johns, is fairly certain that he is a hat guy.

Despite not suffering from any visible form of hair loss, and not having a necessarily large melon, the 46-year-old has spent close to 12 months rocking the new look – a fashion statement that many researchers have put down to him simply being ‘that age’ where dads try to spice it up a bit by dressing like their son’s mates.

Lead researcher, Professor Timana Gidley, says it is not uncommon for half-decent-looking middle aged blokes to begin trying their luck with youthful fashion accessories – especially when on the premiership lap towards the big 5-0.

“It’s quite bold by him” says Professor Gidley.

“Especially for someone who has in the past spent so much time making jokes about people’s appearance”

“Remember all that barge-arse stuff in the early 2000s? I’m sure Joey is now taking the opportunity to return fire on his brother’s attempts at dressing like Mick Fanning”

“At least he’s not doing the hippy thing – which is quite common for Novocastrians with a bit of coin”

The Betoota Advocate reached out to Matty Johns for a comment, where we were told to ‘chill out, brus’.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless you're Matty Johns. From the Betoota Advocate:

Report: Matty Johns Reckons He’s Pulling Off The Flat Brim
CONTACT

A recent report by the University of Newcastle has found that former Newcastle Knights legend and current Triple M Grill Team host, Matty Johns, is fairly certain that he is a hat guy.

Despite not suffering from any visible form of hair loss, and not having a necessarily large melon, the 46-year-old has spent close to 12 months rocking the new look – a fashion statement that many researchers have put down to him simply being ‘that age’ where dads try to spice it up a bit by dressing like their son’s mates.

Lead researcher, Professor Timana Gidley, says it is not uncommon for half-decent-looking middle aged blokes to begin trying their luck with youthful fashion accessories – especially when on the premiership lap towards the big 5-0.

“It’s quite bold by him” says Professor Gidley.

“Especially for someone who has in the past spent so much time making jokes about people’s appearance”

“Remember all that barge-arse stuff in the early 2000s? I’m sure Joey is now taking the opportunity to return fire on his brother’s attempts at dressing like Mick Fanning”

“At least he’s not doing the hippy thing – which is quite common for Novocastrians with a bit of coin”

The Betoota Advocate reached out to Matty Johns for a comment, where we were told to ‘chill out, brus’.
Got me. I should've also added if you want to act like you are 10 years old!!

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks my brother! I've been a member since 2009, while residing in Texas (2008-2014) through until now and beyond. Aim for lifetime membership !
Bulldogs is my life March - October (eternal optimist) each and every year !

There's an update on the Godson's membership packs, if anyone can assist with how to load a photo without url?!

~c.

So, now @Dogzof95 schooled me on how to upload an image here ... anyone heard of equatorial cooling? Or I'm just super acclimated to 30+ degrees celsius temperatures all year round?? ]
The Godson's scarves actually necessary during a cool snap here where temps dropped to 23°C last week.
Couldn't believe I was cold in Singapore.
scarf.sg.2018.jpg
~c.

N

Natboy

Does anyone’s membership card say 18 loyalty BEFORE 2006?
The membership team told me they would do it back to the start of the century if I sent photos of my cards which I did but have stuffed it up twice.
Thanks heaps

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone’s membership card say 18 loyalty BEFORE 2006?
The membership team told me they would do it back to the start of the century if I sent photos of my cards which I did but have stuffed it up twice.
Thanks heaps
How can they be so incredibly useless ? We had to provide evidence of our membership also .. 2008 though I think.
I have received TWO separate sets of my Godson's membership packs here in Singapore, the Godson's live in QLD.
<eyeroll emoji>

~c.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Might even be 15% I think. I've never paid attention to the exact amount, but it is always reduced, even the beer and wine.
Reduced from outrageous to ridiculous prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.