2018 Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont get why the club changed our 80s emblem to a less aggressive bulldog when they come up with shit like this.
There's half a dozen reasons why but the most important were that we couldn't attract sponsorship because of our internal problems and the aggressive emblem just made it worse. Market research showed there was a significant drop off in merchandising because of the emblem and then we also wanted to go back to being a family club and we decided to go back to the emblem style we had when we were just that. Finally, I'm not sure but I think it also co-incided with us going from the Sydney Bulldogs to the CB Bulldogs. I have a framed one of the aggressive one in my study and have several of the later ones. Like em both but prefer the current style of emblem.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
There's half a dozen reasons why but the most important were that we couldn't attract sponsorship because of our internal problems and the aggressive emblem just made it worse. Market research showed there was a significant drop off in merchandising because of the emblem and then we also wanted to go back to being a family club and we decided to go back to the emblem style we had when we were just that. Finally, I'm not sure but I think it also co-incided with us going from the Sydney Bulldogs to the CB Bulldogs. I have a framed one of the aggressive one in my study and have several of the later ones. Like em both but prefer the current style of emblem.
I don't buy those reasons the old dog was only showing some teeth. We should never have changed to that stupid cartoon head in the first place, and then replace it with our old dog that looks like its just been nutured.
Some things are better left alone and I prefer the 80s emblem. Having said that they are pretty similar and I do like the current one also

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't buy those reasons the old dog was only showing some teeth. We should never have changed to that stupid cartoon head in the first place, and then replace it with our old dog that looks like its just been nutured.
Some things are better left alone and I prefer the 80s emblem. Having said that they are pretty similar and I do like the current one also
New logo woul be better in a smarter crest. The current crest is too crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.