2018 IM EXCITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
boyd is a excellent passer and great at identifying numbers hoppa wont be anywhere close to him
Did you watch him against the Dragons? I'm at least prepared to watch how he (and the rest of the team) goes under a new coach and judge him then. And that's if the new coach gives him the #1 jersey.

I have also said previously that i'd like the club to chase someone else for 2019 and that they should be doing that now. Someone like Latrell Mitchell who i think will want to go somewhere where he can play fullback, ie, earn more money than playing centre.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you watch him against the Dragons? I'm at least prepared to watch how he (and the rest of the team) goes under a new coach and judge him then. And that's if the new coach gives him the #1 jersey.

I have also said previously that i'd like the club to chase someone else for 2019 and that they should be doing that now. Someone like Latrell Mitchell who i think will want to go somewhere where he can play fullback, ie, earn more money than playing centre.
sure he had a good couple games to end the year but he has done nothing since coming back from his mission and cant see any reason why that would change. latrell i dont think will ever be a full time fullback unless he changes his body type and fitness levels dramatically that position requires far to much running for him

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I cant wait to see our round 1 team. I think there will be a few surprises tbh.
In regards to hoppa, i agree. The fb position takes a long time to master, and he will only get better there. He had some great games at fb last year.
Everyone complains about his positioning, but its pretty impossible to always be in the right position since whenever an attacking team is inside your twenty they are trying to confuse your fb and catch him out of position.
Fingers crossed he can improve again this year, if our new coach leaves him there.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa has no instictive play that a fullback in the modern should possess. He doesnt follow the play and make himself available for the offload. His cut put passes to the winger are basic and its his only play that Hasler created in our shitty attack. He is slow and offers nothing.
Yes he had a few good games and that's it, a few... we really need a quick FB in the type like Tom Trbojevic or tedesco or Slater or Munster etc etc

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aaron Woods Dally M Prop of the year... That's something to be excited about.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Imo if hoppa is our fullback we still cant be title contenders
He was on fire the last 3 games. Just a shame our game plan was such rubbish for the first 23 rounds otherwise he would've had a sensational year.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was on fire the last 3 games. Just a shame our game plan was such rubbish for the first 23 rounds otherwise he would've had a sensational year.
how was parras game plan because he was dead average there also

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Dream on we aren't getting Mitchell. Roosters with endless amounts of cap space will keep him unless he turns into another error prone Ferguson.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
how was parras game plan because he was dead average there also
Well given he played in the centres, was 10 kgs lighter than he is now and had massive contract issues with them that affected him mentally, yet still managed to get picked for SOO that year you would have to say it wasn't too bad. I said at the beginning of the season that I expected him to have a big year this year and in the first couple of games until he got injured he was playing well. By the time he came back the side was playing rubbish and weren't interested in offloading or spinning it to the backs so he was left standing around like a pelican. Then when it was all over they decided to play footy again and he played great. He's only 25 and I think he is a good fullback now and will get better again next season with the right attitude of those in front of him.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well given he played in the centres, was 10 kgs lighter than he is now and had massive contract issues with them that affected him mentally, yet still managed to get picked for SOO that year you would have to say it wasn't too bad. I said at the beginning of the season that I expected him to have a big year this year and in the first couple of games until he got injured he was playing well. By the time he came back the side was playing rubbish and weren't interested in offloading or spinning it to the backs so he was left standing around like a pelican. Then when it was all over they decided to play footy again and he played great. He's only 25 and I think he is a good fullback now and will get better again next season with the right attitude of those in front of him.
Hoppas a class player. Probably built better for the centres but when the team got the set plays right in those last few games his passing game was actually quite good. We'll probably see another year of him at fullback then i'd say he might shift into the centres when jmoz moves on or retires

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We can claim that one can’t we?! Lol
We will have the reigning prop of the year for at least 12 months. Cant be a bad thing. Although Barba lol.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m hearing Dean Pay has already visited Tolman’s house and told him to harden up

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m hearing Dean Pay has already visited Tolman’s house and told him to harden up
Not sure why you are so harsh towards Tolman? have you read his Stats of recent?

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brenko Lee will be lucky to play much first grade next year. A new coach will have even less tolerance towards shitty defensive lapses.

That said Rhyse Martin needs to be promoted... as we need a solid goalkicker (and it means the end of Holland).
Brenko and Dean are close , Brenko will be first grade all season

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was already excited after it was announced that hasler was gone, but since we have appointed Dean Pay as coach and he has let it be known what his coaching values are and what his plans are moving forward, im over the moon. Couldnt be happier!!!
If its true that Pay is considering Mbye at fullback, and that Jason Hetherington and Kimmorley are a chance to come and be a part of the coaching setup i am confident we will have a massive turnaround next year.

Bulldogs - most improved team of 2018
Dean Pay - coach of the year

Hahaha can only hope. But im pretty confident we can go close to top four next year.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be i got excited too easily or have a case of tunnel vision but based on the last 3 games i dont understand why some people are looking for other alternatives for fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.