2018 IM EXCITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine giving up on a 20 year old with shit defence lmao no one from 20s would ever play first grade then
I totally agree with you! And im sorry mate but you @WestBeast are way off point on this one.
Defense can be taught and he will learn. He is young and raw, just like latrell mitchell for example. Very few players come into grade with great defense.
Im expecting big things from him as he develops over the years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm Excited and pumped
Our team will come out with a fresh approach to 2018
Changing the coach along with Foran on the scene is fantastic
We have been extremely stale for years
The last 3 games where just a glimpse of what can be done
Bulldogs will rise to the top and once again be a force to be reckon with
I believe this squad and a real deal coach with structure in place
will make us proud
Warning Dogs On Premises
Thats the spirit mate. Im the same. After years of haslers voice im convinced the players lost all enjoyment in their football. So basically anyone could come in next year and the players would just be happy to hear their voice. It will lift their spirits massively and help them enjoy their football again.
A new game plan and new structures will be a breath of fresh air to the boys.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
With a new coach, I willing to give all players a clean slate .... with the exception of Holland.. there's no potential there for anything more than what we've already seen.. and yes I have hope for next year.....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but my concern is that we will need to let 1 or 2 more players go before settling our roster. Hopefully all this will be finalised soon
Yep; agree that it is not settled yet, and we will lose more players. All I want for 2018 is a promising, fresh start.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm Excited and pumped
Our team will come out with a fresh approach to 2018
Changing the coach along with Foran on the scene is fantastic
We have been extremely stale for years
The last 3 games where just a glimpse of what can be done
Bulldogs will rise to the top and once again be a force to be reckon with
I believe this squad and a real deal coach with structure in place
will make us proud
Warning Dogs On Premises
I will renew my membership, after a lapse of two years, on the strength that the club has recognised a problem and taken steps to rectify. The whole thing has been a total stuff-up and will cost us financially, and some of our troops; but there is finally something to feel positive about.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My team would look something like this

1. Mbye
2. B Morris
3. Hoppa
4.lee/ j Morris
5. Moytana
6.brown
7.foran
8.woods
9.licha
10.klemmer
11.rfm
12.martin???
13.jackson

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also excited with sweeping change in the club believe the only way is up now.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well when you think about it the new coach will want to change things up so lets just hope he starts wif moving hoppa to centre and telling tolman to pull his finger out of his ass lol

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I totally agree with you! And im sorry mate but you @WestBeast are way off point on this one.
Defense can be taught and he will learn. He is young and raw, just like latrell mitchell for example. Very few players come into grade with great defense.
Im expecting big things from him as he develops over the years.
Can't agree on everything mate

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am getting a whisper that the wanker Alan Thompson could be replaced by the one and only legend Steve Price as the new Football Manager, if true? then I for one will be ecstatic!!8-) to me......... Steve is MR CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am getting a whisper that the wanker Alan Thompson could be replaced by the one and only legend Steve Price as the new Football Manager, if true? then I for one will be ecstatic!!8-) to me......... Steve is MR CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS!!
Fuck i hope this whisper turns out to be true. 110%

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brenko Lee will be lucky to play much first grade next year. A new coach will have even less tolerance towards shitty defensive lapses.

That said Rhyse Martin needs to be promoted... as we need a solid goalkicker (and it means the end of Holland).

I've seen worse tacklers than Lee hold down a permanent first grade spot due to their attacking skills !

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm excited too. Just for the simple fact that we don't know what we will get (as in the style we play). With Hasler it was just hope that we changed, come first few games we soon knew it was the same old shit.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imo if hoppa is our fullback we still cant be title contenders
Have we seen the best of Hoppa at fullback yet though? Some of his best games were in the last 2 or 3 of the season, which coincided with Lichaa rediscovering his running game... We know that Hoppa at fullback has his limitations, namely explosive speed of the mark, but he excels in some areas as well. If he can improve in some areas, ie, support play, goal line defence/positioning, he could be a very good fullback. no superstar but our version of say Darius Boyd.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we seen the best of Hoppa at fullback yet though? Some of his best games were in the last 2 or 3 of the season, which coincided with Lichaa rediscovering his running game... We know that Hoppa at fullback has his limitations, namely explosive speed of the mark, but he excels in some areas as well. If he can improve in some areas, ie, support play, goal line defence/positioning, he could be a very good fullback. no superstar but our version of say Darius Boyd.
boyd is a excellent passer and great at identifying numbers hoppa wont be anywhere close to him

Status
Not open for further replies.