2018 FIFA World Cup - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
His name and face reminds me of mbye. That’s where the similarity stops though.
Mbappe's nicknamed after Donatello the Ninja Turtle :tearsofjoy:

His mum even spoke out about it worrying about Neymar bullying her son

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
How do you know this stuff lmao
I just love football, the Euros and World Cups are always a great way to fast forward through the usually long and boring EPL off seasons

Plus the Bulldogs have shit the bed for the foreseeable future so I need something else to focus on to distract me from this mess of a club haha

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just love football, the Euros and World Cups are always a great way to fast forward through usually the long and boring EPL off seasons

Plus the Bulldogs have shit the bed for the foreseeable future so I need something else to focus on to distract me from this mess of a club haha
I know how you fucken feel bro!!!!! I had dragon ball super to fall back on and the Australian soccer team but they’ve all fkd up.

Since you seem to know a lot.
Messi vs Ronaldo?
As a fake soccer fan I think Messi trumps Ronaldo based on highlights lmao.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
France are too good defensively. Once you are behind it plays into their hands.

Surprised that they don't play a more enterprising style they are happy to nick a goal and park the bus. Totally different style of play to the previous winners in Germany, Spain, Italy and Brazil.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah well there you go. No more world cup for another nearly 4 and a half yrs

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
France still cruised through but they switch on when needed lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
98 x French players in charge of this french team who ironically were defensive beasts as they are now. Fkn amazing

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
An African team has finally won the world cup

lol in 50 years time Western European teams vs Balkans and Eastern European teams won't look similar

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can the commentators shut the fuck up about their bias political agendas fuck me deaddd. Keep it about soccer. No one gives a shit that you picked up a ball with people of 5 different nationalities.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can the commentators shut the fuck up about their bias political agendas fuck me deaddd. Keep it about soccer. No one gives a shit that you picked up a ball with people of 5 different nationalities.
Yea this is just over the top now, they've held off in previous games. It's no surprise though, SBS is a full blown left wing channel

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I did want Croatia to win but once France got 3-1 up I knew it was too far from reach. I do feel for the Croats though... first goal was an OG and second one was a questionable penalty. At least it wasn't the poms who won. Also after what the French went through in 2015 with all those terrorist attacks and shit, it's good to give them something to be happy about. Congratulations France.

For Croatia, hopefully they can go 1 better in the near future.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone think that the penalty for France should of NOT been given?

He had 0 time to adjust - although I do admit his hand was near "not natural" territory (i'd have too look at it again, considering I was blazing in and out of sleep).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Never watched the game because I'm not a die hard supporter and know FIFA is corrupt.
But from what I've briefly read, there was some shenanigans that took place during the match and I'm not the least bit surprised.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Croatia fought hard but France was too good.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Never watched the game because I'm not a die hard supporter and know FIFA is corrupt.
But from what I've briefly read, there was some shenanigans that took place during the match and I'm not the least bit surprised.
There was a pitch invader.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone think that the penalty for France should of NOT been given?

He had 0 time to adjust - although I do admit his hand was near "not natural" territory .
I don’t think the ref had much of a choice not to give it after the VAR review , considering similar ones were being called penalties earlier in the tournament .
Croatia did very well to get to the final, they fought hard, and surprisingly had good energy levels even though they played all those extra time games. And they took full advantage of best8 g Argentina and getting on the favourable side of the draw.
However , if they had come up against Belgium, Brazil and even Spain they would have lost to all of those team in my opinion.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don’t think the ref had much of a choice not to give it after the VAR review , considering similar ones were being called penalties earlier in the tournament .
Croatia did very well to get to the final, they fought hard, and surprisingly had good energy levels even though they played all those extra time games. And they took full advantage of best8 g Argentina and getting on the favourable side of the draw.
However , if they had come up against Belgium, Brazil and even Spain they would have lost to all of those team in my opinion.
Yeah it's hard to argue with that. I'm just glad England didn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.