2018 FIFA World Cup - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm talking about individual skill, not accolades.

When it comes to free kicks, no one comes close to Ronaldo. However when it comes to actually dribbling and using your feet to get from A to B, Ronaldo doesn't come close to Messi.
Messi goes missing in big games, ronaldo delivers
Simple as that
The best stand up

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are the chances of Australia coming away with a win tonight? Very unlucky with a loss last week with France in my opinion. Can we replicate or was it a fluke performance?
No fluke our defence is very strong, however we struggle to bang goals away
But France weren't at there best either
We will at the very least trouble denmark

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No fluke our defence is very strong, however we struggle to bang goals away
But France weren't at there best either
We will at the very least trouble denmark
Yeah I think defence has always been our strong suite tbh.
I really hope we win there’s no better feeling and I want 2006 replicated but go one or two More lol.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maradona could do the unthinkable. He single handedly won Napoli the scudetto and Argentina the World Cup in 86.

I had the privilege of watching him from his days at Boca Juniors up until he hung up his boots. Maradona is the greatest of all time and you will never see a player like him again

In regards to Ronaldo, there is only 1 real Ronaldo, Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima
There is no way Brazilian Ronaldo can ever be held above CR7.

Like Messi, Ronaldo Lima was probably better to the eye, but Cristiano has surpassed everything Ronaldo ever achievement bar the WC wins but that can be excused considering Brazilian Ronaldo had the golden generation of Brazilian players on his side. If CR7 had even half the team R9 had then he would be running away with this world cup.

CR7 is easily a better all-around player then R9, and CR7 is 10x more consistent then R9 ever was, it's actually laughable comparing that side of things.

Even as a striker CR7 is better, compare the times each player scored 40+ goals in a season:
R9: 96/97 (47 goals)
CR7: 07/08 (42 goals), 10/11 (53 goals), 11/12 (60 goals), 12/13 (55 goals), 13/14 (51 goals), 14/15 (61 goals), 15/16 (48 goals), 16/17 (46 goals), 17/18 (44 goals)

Most people discredit Cristiano Ronaldo to be just a poacher, people should look at his peak years, his dribbling and skills were insane coupled with the crazy amount of goals he scored, however, he did what none of R9 or Maradona ever did and that was change his style to continue on being one of the best once he lost some of his physical advantages.

Same as Maradona, sure his absolute peak was higher than CR7 or Messi's highest peak but he never accomplished half of what either did. He was nowhere near CR7 in terms of consistency and again I'd rather a high peak of 13 years+ then 4 absolute amazing seasons followed by quite a few inconsistent ones.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Something tells me the Socceroos match is gonna be a pain to sit through.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way Brazilian Ronaldo can ever be held above CR7.

Like Messi, Ronaldo Lima was probably better to the eye, but Cristiano has surpassed everything Ronaldo ever achievement bar the WC wins but that can be excused considering Brazilian Ronaldo had the golden generation of Brazilian players on his side. If CR7 had even half the team R9 had then he would be running away with this world cup.

CR7 is easily a better all-around player then R9, and CR7 is 10x more consistent then R9 ever was, it's actually laughable comparing that side of things.

Even as a striker CR7 is better, compare the times each player scored 40+ goals in a season:
R9: 96/97 (47 goals)
CR7: 07/08 (42 goals), 10/11 (53 goals), 11/12 (60 goals), 12/13 (55 goals), 13/14 (51 goals), 14/15 (61 goals), 15/16 (48 goals), 16/17 (46 goals), 17/18 (44 goals)

Most people discredit Cristiano Ronaldo to be just a poacher, people should look at his peak years, his dribbling and skills were insane coupled with the crazy amount of goals he scored, however, he did what none of R9 or Maradona ever did and that was change his style to continue on being one of the best once he lost some of his physical advantages.

Same as Maradona, sure his absolute peak was higher than CR7 or Messi's highest peak but he never accomplished half of what either did. He was nowhere near CR7 in terms of consistency and again I'd rather a high peak of 13 years+ then 4 absolute amazing seasons followed by quite a few inconsistent ones.

Fucken lolololololololololololololol

Ronaldo aint good enough to clean Maradona's boots.

Sit down, youre making a fool out of yourself

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I wouldn't want CR7 near that drug cheat.

There is only one aspect of the game that Maradona is better in, playmaking and dribbling, thats it.

Ronaldo beats out Maradona everywhere else. Better at scoring goals, more consistent, big game player, leadership. Oh and don't get me started off the field.

Stop clinging on to your hero and accept it, the game has moved on, Maradona is still a top 3/4 player ever, but not the GOAT.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Maradona unbelievable talent, but at the end of the the day his a fat druggo cheater
He killed his reputation with the hand of god....

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maradona is the greatest player of all time, by a long way. A genuine phenomenon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yashin because he wore a cap.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Children you haven't seen the glory days of football. 80s and 90s .

Plenty of footballers during that period who match them both and a handful imo who were better
Garrincha
Cruyff
Pele
Di Stefano
Muller

Portugese Ronaldo is good, but Messi is 10 times better

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you're all wrong, it's george best :grinning:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you're all wrong, it's george best :grinning:
"If you give me the choice of going out and beating 4 men and smashing a goal from thirty yards against Liverpool or shagging miss world, it would be a difficult choice... thankfully I've done both"
George best

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Robbie Kruse is the GOAT, can't wait to see him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.