CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy has to be frontrunner.

American killed after wading ashore on an isolated island

Shireen Khalil
news.com.auNOVEMBER 23, 201811:05AM
American missionary John Allen Chau had written that he didn’t want to die, hours before a remote tribe on India’s North Sentinel Island killed him in a hail of arrows.

Although the island, a sovereign area under Indian protection, is a no-go-zone, the American missionary

had plans on making contact with the Sentinelese tribe
according to his journals shared by his mother with The Washington Post.

“You guys might think I’m crazy in all this but I think it’s worthwhile to declare Jesus to these people,” he wrote in a last note to his family on November 16, shortly before he left the safety of the fishing boat to meet the tribesmen on the island. “God, I don’t want to die.”

In Instagram posts and journals, Mr Chau wrote that he found the remote Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal — where people live as their ancestors did thousands of years ago — an inspiring but frightening location, the publication reported.

“Why does this beautiful place have to have so much death here?” he wrote. “I hope this isn’t one of my last notes but if it is ‘to God be the Glory’.”

Sources from within his missionary circle told AP that Mr Chau interacted with some of the tribesmen, who stand about 1.6m tall and wear yellow paste on their faces, on a handful of occasions.

John Allen Chau was killed on North Sentinel Island by a remote tribe.Source:Supplied

He appears to have been tolerated until the tribe started losing patience. They survive by hunting, fishing and gathering plants.

When they fired an arrow at him, it struck a book Mr Chau was carrying, which an acquaintance said was a Bible, AP reported.

He attempted to speak their language and sing worship songs.

“I hollered, ‘My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you,’,” Mr Chau wrote, adding that a child shot at him with an arrow that missed and pierced his waterproof Bible.

Mr Chau, who was illegally ferried to the island by fishermen, returned the next day and exactly what happened next is unclear, but the fishermen have told police Mr Chau was set upon from the moment his feet touched the sand.

He was killed in a hail of arrows and buried in the sand.

“He was attacked by arrows but he continued walking,” the source said.

“The fishermen saw the (tribesmen) tying a rope around his neck and dragging his body.

“They were scared and fled but returned next morning to find his body on the sea shore.”

Tribe members on the shore of North Sentinel Island. Picture: Christian Caron/Creative CommonsSource:Supplied

Several of the fishermen involved in helping Mr Chau travel to the island, as well as a friend who helped organise the boat trip, have been arrested — Mr Chau’s family have since pleaded for their release, saying he acted “on his own free will”.

Police official Deepak Yadav said “They were very well aware of the situation, but they still arranged for a boat and everything.”

He described the move as “pushing (Mr Chau) in the mouth of death,” according to the New York Post.

P.C Joshi, an anthropology professor at Delhi University who has studied the islands, said it was “a foolish adventure.”

Prof Joshi noted that the visit not only risked Mr Chau’s life, but also the lives of the tribe who have little resistance to many diseases.

“They are not immune to anything. A simple thing like flu can kill them,” he said.

Mr Chau wanted to “declare Jesus” to the tribe.Source:Supplied

INDIAN POLICE STRUGGLE TO RECOVER BODY

Indian authorities were struggling yesterday to figure out how to recover the body of Mr Chau, reporting that not even officials travel to North Sentinel where outsiders are seen with suspicion and attacked.

“It’s a difficult proposition,” said Dependera Pathak, director-general of police on India’s Andaman and Nicobar Islands, where North Sentinel is located.

“We have to see what is possible, taking utmost care of the sensitivity of the group and the legal requirements,” he told AP.

Police are consulting anthropologists, tribal welfare experts and scholars to figure out a way to recover the body, he said.

The 26-year-old self-styled adventurer and Christian missionary often posted photographs of his worldwide travels online.

— With AP

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy suffered with delusions of grandeur.

Glad the tribesmen sent him to God now!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It may be giving people ideas next time the Jehovah's Witnesses knock on their doors...
As I've said before.
Got no problem with people having *their beliefs*.
But once you get a holier than thou attitude and start believing you can change the world, you will deserve what's coming to you.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
An interesting question that was raised because of this incident was would murder charges be raised?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
An interesting question that was raised because of this incident was would murder charges be raised?
Probably not. This tribe has killed hundreds of visitors and all authorities have advised against visiting the area. It's also outside the jurisdiction of the Indian government so no one could place charges anyway.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Indian authorities stay well away, so it definitely won't be investigated. They are unlikely to even try to retrieve the body.

It's quite an interesting story. I never even knew that such tribes existed - I thought there were all in the Amazon.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No they won’t be charge
Probably not. This tribe has killed hundreds of visitors and all authorities have advised against visiting the area. It's also outside the jurisdiction of the Indian government so no one could place charges anyway.
Didn't mean it in that fashion, I know whats going to happen, but it poses a good theoretical question as to whether or not it's justified. So more of philosophical question

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The Indian authorities stay well away, so it definitely won't be investigated. They are unlikely to even try to retrieve the body.

It's quite an interesting story. I never even knew that such tribes existed - I thought there were all in the Amazon.
The godless savages have probably eaten him up and disposed of him through the other end by now?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't mean it in that fashion, I know whats going to happen, but it poses a good theoretical question as to whether or not it's justified. So more of philosophical question
In that case, it wouldn't be murder... maybe justifiable homicide.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moral of the story don't prech the words of jesus christ to @Indiandog or you get fucking speared

BS story I say. which indian has ever used spears and arrows as weapons? like ever? May be the red Indians not the superior Indians race.

The only weapon of choice for us Indians other than the BO and the sword has always been this puppy.

upload_2018-11-23_17-42-36.png

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol some racist self hating whites are commenting on this blaming stupid white people for trying to fuck everything up.

But in poor whiteys defence,it wasn’t a white guy this time!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
an afghan of hazara ethnicity.
That’s the politically correct term for this brave deceased man yes.

I suppose those self hating whites are right?
It’s kind of John Calvin’s fault that this guy ventured into the island of death!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is like some Wakanda shit with some high tech arrows and sticks.