Reaction score
Terry lamb would smack half our roster these days as they play like pounces

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kevin Moore was as blue and white as they come and that worked out well...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not Lamb. And Dymock as mentioned above has been in our system this whole time...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah no one in the current system deserves to survive imo. sack them all.
Pay, Cleary or Walters.... Will never happen but as mentioned by many before, Hagan would be the dream.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Neither thanks. Dymock would have been signed elsewhere as a head coach if he was any good.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would have the walker brothers come in as caretaker coaches when des eventually gets punted. Fuk it, just get the team to throw the ball around like their qcup team they coach does and bamboozle every team. At least it would be entertaining and fun to watch!

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Brett Kimmorley's name gets thrown around

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whoever comes in doesn't necessarily have to be a better coach from the get go or have the same record as Hasler.

However he will have time and assets to do a better job and build a career with the Bulldogs . We need to head down a new direction. Desperately need a fresh start out Belmore way and players need a new voice barking orders and giving instructions as the current muppet ain't getting the job doe regardless of how good others here think he is.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
anyone? another stupid comment from a non rugby league player
Sorry Mr rugby league player...pfft. Mate you're a fucking dropkick park footballer that still can't get over the fact the he was never good enough to play footy at NRL level. Nobody gives a fuck that you paid to play footy in a park.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6 years ago I would have said Dymock. But like others have said 6 years under Hasler would take effect. Hasler loves his video sessions and his stats.

We need a hard trainer and someone to get some mungrel back into the team. Not entirely sold on pay but he is one person that I think players would respect (like Arthur).

Holebrook is another untried candidate with good credentials. And mick potter is another with bulldogs history and the only thing he did wrong (same as bah) was sign up for a dysfunctional club with a board at war. Every coach for the last 5 years at the tigers has been sacked. So you can't judge potter off that.

We will need a coach to scout out the best juniors in the land and get them into
Our system at 16-17 (like sonny bill, asotasi, mason, anasta, klemmer, Jackson, barba etc). All our superstars in the last 15 years have been bred to some degree (we have never really recruited big names).

We will need a coach to clean up the roster and start fresh. If it means missing the semis for a year or 2 but we will get a young team and build for something I'm sure us fans will be forgiving.

Castles is so obsessed with making the top 8 she is forgetting that winning should be a goal too (she was quoted as saying on field performances is only 1/3 of the job) which is true. But you would never hear bullfrog say winning is only part of what we stand for.

We can rebuild from here and be a force again very quickly. My concern is the coach and the board (in particular dib and castles). They can ruin our development for the next 5-10 years if they continue leading us down this path and parading themselves to the media like they are heros.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop giving me this utter crap that there is no one out there that is better !!!

He will have to be replaced one day or another

New coach, new voice, new direction

The sooner the better

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the comments about Dymock being in the system too long but I'm sure if he had free reign he would do things a little different.
You get to see the faults with the current approach when you are not convinced it is the right approach.
he would also have some experience of things that have worked with Hasler. But he has probably missed the boat anyway.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like Pay. I don't want a coach who has done it but not won anything.

I wouldn't mind them to re-sign Hasler just for the giggles it would provide me from everyone's reactions:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The coach is only part of the problem. I would support Dean Pay. He would bring back the "Dogs of War" mentality.
The other part of the problem is the front office. Jack Gibson used to say that winning starts in the front office.
I would like to see the end of Castle as she offers nothing, and the end to the Kebab culture on the board.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kevin walters or ivan cleary, or throw millions at bellamy,everyone has their price right, That would be the best investment we could make,cronk wants to come to sydney at the end of this year also.
Isn't that how we got Hasler? Throwing $$ at him? With Ivan you MAY get Nathan.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has been here for 5 full years and he is into his 6th year.

From all reports Des' contract will be reviewed and renewed or not, on the basis of the first 6 rounds of the 2017 season?

Am i missing something here?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Des will stay on, the players want to play for him. He will take the club forward.. some of the names thrown up are laughable Kevin Walters has never coached in his life cam smith,jt and cronk are running the show..

If Des goes you will all be begging to make the top 8 again like we were back end of 08..let's give him some time this year to prove he has changed his style..the sign of change have been there from round 1 we have lost to 2 top 8 sides marginally.

We will again feature in September and we will still be feared

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets say that Des signs on for another 2 years and wins a premiership next season in his 7th season would you guys consider that a success or not. (This is not a dig at Des but just a question out of curiosity)

Even though winning a premiership is extremely hard when you have players like Smith, Cronk and JT in the league but Des took over a club in great financial state with passionate fans and state of the art facilities + Since 2012 we have had:
- A Dally M medalist
- A Prop of the year (Kasiano)
- Centre of the year (Morris)
- A Prop of the year (Graham)
- Second-rower of the year (Jackson)
- A combined 38 games played by Bulldogs players in state of origin
- A combined 14 games played by Bulldogs players for Australia

Again this is not an insult to Des.

Status
Not open for further replies.