2017 Squad and Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of lengths of contracts of our squad?

For 2017, there will be no Browne, Rona, Perrett, Williams, O'Hanlon, Chisholm and likely Stanley and we have added Cleeland, Lee and Woolford.

If we are letting these guys go and not signing anyone of note, we must have a fair chunk of money available or we got smashed with the upgrades to Klemmer, Jackson and Mbye.

With Castle saying no pre-season signings, who will be making the step-up?

I have no confidence in Holland, so maybe Brenko Lee to take the vacant centre spot?

I also can't see if Eastwood has re-signed yet?

It seems we will have a huge reliance on juniors stepping up next year...

I'd like to understand when players are coming off contract over the next few years.

I still have hope for this year but clearly not a lot of confidence and always keeping an eye on the next year :yum:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of lengths of contracts of our squad?

For 2017, there will be no Browne, Rona, Perrett, Williams, O'Hanlon, Chisholm and likely Stanley and we have added Cleeland, Lee and Woolford.

If we are letting these guys go and not signing anyone of note, we must have a fair chunk of money available or we got smashed with the upgrades to Klemmer, Jackson and Mbye.

With Castle saying no pre-season signings, who will be making the step-up?

I have no confidence in Holland, so maybe Brenko Lee to take the vacant centre spot?

I also can't see if Eastwood has re-signed yet?

It seems we will have a huge reliance on juniors stepping up next year...

I'd like to understand when players are coming off contract over the next few years.

I still have hope for this year but clearly not a lot of confidence and always keeping an eye on the next year :yum:
Backs are going to be an issue next year. We need to replace Rona, Perrett and also Hoppa when we have Sunday games.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So you're saying we missed our premiership window between 2012-2016 and now we have to rebuild again?

We might win it in 2025 ffs

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will be interesting what we do with so many positions requiring strengthening.

Fullback is not a strength position for us. Also we are another back short too.

2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee (might even be better to play hoppa at 5 with Lee at centre)
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye (would we realistically get a half?)
8. Tolman (would be better to have klem)
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Beast

14. Kas
15. Fine
16. Fualalo
17. Klem (I am pretty sure he must have something in his contract about starting though because he has started every game since his contract upgrade).

Problem is with smith and Montoya we have some capable wingers available. But without a class fullback we won't compete. Hoppa is safe, but he can't break the line, he will catch everything thrown at him but will get smashed 2 seconds after catching it. And he never attacks bombs, always has his feet on the ground. He would make a decent winger, and he actually had good strength maybe as a centre, but he isn't a fullback anymore.

Ideally if we get a halfback (say Foran or Sam Williams etc) we can possibly play Mbye at fullback (similar speed, evasiveness and build to Barba) he will be great at his support play and he can actually tackle and wrestle well. But no way Hasler would think outside of the box that much. If Barba hadn't played fullback before Hasler got here I doubt he would have put him there. He doesn't seem like the visionary type.

He seems more the type to play forwards as first receivers.

Tolman is burning a hole in our cap. He isn't the player he once was. Maybe our lack of depth in attack limit his meters because he can't build enough speed after getting the ball. Even graham has been lacklustre this year but I can't blame him for his shit form. I would rather think it's the structures around him.

They are taking close to 1 million dollars of our cap. Might aswell pursue someone like woods. A woods and klemmer front row would be so much better and with 3rd parties can come out similar to what we are giving Bupa and tolman.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mybe is not a half back.
The team will not challenge with for the premiership with Mybe at halfback.
We all know the wheels fell of last year when Hodkinson got injured.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Backs are going to be an issue next year. We need to replace Rona, Perrett and also Hoppa when we have Sunday games.
Agree c-b-b - we need a fullback - a fit, quick young dude.
Rumour is we have signed Idris for centres, but that is a gamble.

We also obviously need a halfback - despite Des' determination to turn Klemmer into a 7 (haha but not funny),
not sure where Mbye plays, but he is offering nothing at 7.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2017 team ( imo ) ( unrealistic )

1. Mybe
2. Brett Morris Mead is definitely an option if we don't sign a half. Eg 1. Borros 2. Mead 3. J
3. Josh Morris. Orris 4. Hoppa 5. Brenko
4. Will hopaate
5. Brenko
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Foran/Cleeland?/Pearce/Sam williams
8. Klemmer
9. Cleeland( if we sign a half )
10. Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. RFM
13. Beastwood

14. Kas
15. Danny fualalo
16. Aspeli
17. Luciano leilua

Honestly the team looks good. Change des' game plan and we would be serious competitors. Remeber this is unrealistic!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely im not the only one who doesn't want Mybe at Fullback, he hasn't played there in fg and only a couple of times in reserve grade. I don't want to experiment with make-shift fullbacks anymore.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we go through our squad with there reported wage:

Hopoate - 500k
Brett Morris - 600k
Josh Morris - 550k
Brenko Lee - 200k ?
Holland - 150K
Brad Abbey - 100k
Reynolds - 475K
Mybe - 700k
Graham - 650k
Tolman - 450k
Lichaa - 300k
Josh Jackson - 600k
Klemmer - 550k
Eastwood - 500k (rumoured for next season)
RFM - 150k
Lloyd Perrett - 250-300k (doesn't even play smh)
Kasiano - 500k
Fine - 150k
Cleeland - 150k
Garvey - 150k
Elliot - 100k
Fualalo - 100k

= 8 million in salarys

2017 cap is 7 million, and we probably would have 1-1.5 million of player salarys from 3rd party agreements, so we are pushing the cap as it is.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol @ Abbey on 100k. Heard he was closer to the 300k mark.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we go through our squad with there reported wage:

Hopoate - 500k
Brett Morris - 600k
Josh Morris - 550k
Brenko Lee - 200k ?
Holland - 150K
Brad Abbey - 100k
Reynolds - 475K
Mybe - 700k
Graham - 650k
Tolman - 450k
Lichaa - 300k
Josh Jackson - 600k
Klemmer - 550k
Eastwood - 500k (rumoured for next season)
RFM - 150k
Lloyd Perrett - 250-300k (doesn't even play smh)
Kasiano - 500k
Fine - 150k
Cleeland - 150k
Garvey - 150k
Elliot - 100k
Fualalo - 100k

= 8 million in salarys

2017 cap is 7 million, and we probably would have 1-1.5 million of player salarys from 3rd party agreements, so we are pushing the cap as it is.
Get rid of hoppa, jorris, holland, Mbye, graham, tolman, perrett, Elliot.

That's an extra 3.4 million. If you can't improve your roster with 3.4 million then you don't deserve to be a coach. Heck if you can't replace a fullback in 4 years I don't know how you can be considered a coach. Let alone one that's doing a good job.

The bad thing with most of the players I mentioned above, very few would be on big 3rd party agreements because they wouldn't be big name players. So even though tolman is on a reported 450 I doubt any of the 450 would be from 3rd parties. Most likely all from the cap, which in the long run costs us players.

Where if you had someone like Thurston who is on 1 million, 200 could be from 3rd parties, add to that his long serving concession. Which makes him a bargain compared to what we are paying for Mbye.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If that's the case get rid of him too

Can't believe our front row costs 1.1 million and all they do is plod. Best way to spend 15% of your cap. We don't even have a cap. We have a crap, because everything within our cap is shit

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really I heard he was just over the minimum which is 80k, but if he is on 300k then our club is worse then I thought because if Abbey and L.Perrett are both on 300k and neither playing fg that is beyond thinkable. There 600k plus some 3rd partys could get a superstar fullback.

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Get rid of hoppa, jorris, holland, Mbye, graham, tolman, perrett, Elliot.

That's an extra 3.4 million. If you can't improve your roster with 3.4 million then you don't deserve to be a coach. Heck if you can't replace a fullback in 4 years I don't know how you can be considered a coach. Let alone one that's doing a good job.

The bad thing with most of the players I mentioned above, very few would be on big 3rd party agreements because they wouldn't be big name players. So even though tolman is on a reported 450 I doubt any of the 450 would be from 3rd parties. Most likely all from the cap, which in the long run costs us players.

Where if you had someone like Thurston who is on 1 million, 200 could be from 3rd parties, add to that his long serving concession. Which makes him a bargain compared to what we are paying for Mbye.
Get rid of the whole team yeah well done buddy

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys long term follower, first time poster, I don't think hoppa is a problem only in defence his size would and reaction time in defence would be best suited In the middle of the of the team during defence and shifting Morris to fullback, and when we are attacking hoppa can shift back to fullback.

With the mbye and Reynolds problem I know I'm going to cop it but mbye is not are problem mbye is still 22 he has long way to go however Reynolds is 27 if hasn't changed now he is never going to change, his energy should be shifted to hooker the way he runs and kick chases is best suited to a number 9 not a 6 mbye needs a partner that is level headed not playing like they need to score to win the game every set, this is are biggest issue.

Now lichaa should not be anywhere near a football full stop, his passing and reaction time is his biggest defect wich is just giving the opposition teams to much time on are forwards and halves, I believe we have 2 solutions 1 move Reynolds to hooker and promote someone from the under 20's or nsw cup to 6 or get the fullback moving up in attack and playing as a third half hoppa has strength and vision wich will put the oposition in 2 state of minds anyways that's my 2 cents worth.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys long term follower, first time poster, I don't think hoppa is a problem only in defence his size would and reaction time in defence would be best suited In the middle of the of the team during defence and shifting Morris to fullback, and when we are attacking hoppa can shift back to fullback.

With the mbye and Reynolds problem I know I'm going to cop it but mbye is not are problem mbye is still 22 he has long way to go however Reynolds is 27 if hasn't changed now he is never going to change, his energy should be shifted to hooker the way he runs and kick chases is best suited to a number 9 not a 6 mbye needs a partner that is level headed not playing like they need to score to win the game every set, this is are biggest issue.

Now lichaa should not be anywhere near a football full stop, his passing and reaction time is his biggest defect wich is just giving the opposition teams to much time on are forwards and halves, I believe we have 2 solutions 1 move Reynolds to hooker and promote someone from the under 20's or nsw cup to 6 or get the fullback moving up in attack and playing as a third half hoppa has strength and vision wich will put the oposition in 2 state of minds anyways that's my 2 cents worth.
At least Reynolds offers something in attack and does have the ability to break the line.
Mybe has scored some tries close to the line this year but has offerred nothing for the last 6 weeks when the team has needed to lift running into the finals.
Instead we have gone backwards.
Same thing happened last year. Mybe's form was terrible when Hodkinson got injured.

Mybe is not a halfback!!

It was a big mistake not to take Sezer when he wanted to come back for half the mobey Mybe is reportedly on.

If the coaching staff continue to persist with Mybe as halfback this team will be competitive but an average team. Unable to challenge the best teams in the competition.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye should be an impact player off the bench. He can slot in to hooker for bursts or slot in the backline if required. I know that's big dollars for a bench player but that deal is done. RFM should start with Jackson in backrow. Klemmer and Graham front row with Eastwood at lock. Kas, Tolman off bench with one extra edge forward. For that to happen we would still need a number 7... Definitely need a fullback.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta be next year a back line of

M'Bye
Morris
Morris
Hoppa
Lee
Reynolds (although he MUST have a good halves partner to organize and kick)
Foran? I don't care but MUST be a half back!

Otherwise M'Bye 5/8 and fk Reynolds off. He'd be a good hooker if he had a crisp pass.

M'Bye will be a star if he is allowed to play his running and passing game, just don't put him as an organiser or let him take 5th tackle kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.