2017 gone...2018 please come quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lads

As we all know this year is gone and a lot of change is needed having a look at what we have signed and resigned I hope we go wit the following team. I feel if we change our halves and move on James graham we could really change team and direction. You might think why James Graham, but I believe players would have to have a certain amount of input into the style of play, so I if get rid of current halves and Front rower halfback things / style will have to change. I also think our forward is too similar and needs mixing up slighty. The only thing in the team below I have thrown in is James Roberts. I strongly believe we have to go after someone like that at the moment as we have no one in our team that can make something out of nothing. also I believe 1 of the Morris boys has to go. so I have released Brett to the super league

1. Hopoate
2. Lee
3. Morris
4. Roberts
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Brown
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. faitala Mariner
13. Klemmer

14. Elliot
15. Tualau
16. Toomaga
17. Mybe / Martin

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even with the addition of Foran & Woods I cant see enough changing to make us contenders..

the issue is mainly with the spine & there isnt enough change there

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's all good in theory, but the reality is des is coach till 2019.:upset:
We need to build a sqaud that can launch a decent premiership campaign, so far haslers proven he cant build shit , and cant see us miraculously being up to speed by 2019.
By that time a huge clean out will probably be need and start from scratch. Give it 3 years to form a competitive sqaud , we may have a decent chance by the 20th anniversary of our 2004 victory.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can we move Cleeland, put nu brown at five eighth and Mbye at dummy half?
Also get rid off lee and put remies smith

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like I said move any player you want in any position put the Australian side in there with des coach we won't win shit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lads

As we all know this year is gone and a lot of change is needed having a look at what we have signed and resigned I hope we go wit the following team. I feel if we change our halves and move on James graham we could really change team and direction. You might think why James Graham, but I believe players would have to have a certain amount of input into the style of play, so I if get rid of current halves and Front rower halfback things / style will have to change. I also think our forward is too similar and needs mixing up slighty. The only thing in the team below I have thrown in is James Roberts. I strongly believe we have to go after someone like that at the moment as we have no one in our team that can make something out of nothing. also I believe 1 of the Morris boys has to go. so I have released Brett to the super league

1. Hopoate
2. Lee
3. Morris
4. Roberts
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Brown
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. faitala Mariner
13. Klemmer

14. Elliot
15. Tualau
16. Toomaga
17. Mybe / Martin
Im torn man.... ive been an advocate for Graham getting the boot, but the other night when Frawley scored you could tell the motherfucker really was pumped up for the boys... hes just slowly dying under a dud coach :/... At this stage id rather us let Mbye go first, depending on how James neck . shoulder holds up post surgery. Morris boys both need to stay, final year for both of them in 2018. I know Lee was decent in attack, but im in no hurry to see him in 1st grade any time soon. Idris could turn and chase quicker XD.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2018...? Different year with the same shit peddled by the same shitheads.

We'll still have Hasler selecting players out of position not having a handle on what they're supposed to be doing. Everything we do will be focused on defence, probably no kicking game and attack being an unwanted option. This will produce the same place on the ladder and of course the same points for and against shit fight which will stuff us up again in the pecking order when it comes to a place in the top eight. But why bother about that? We won't be in contention for a top eight place anyway.

Two new players, Aaron Woods and Kieran Foran.

Woods should go okay as he is a front rower (but look what's happened to Klemmer).

Foran? Used to be a terrific five eighth in both attack and defence. But now has still got a rooted hamstring and we don't know what head space he's in. Just a pessimistic prediction but I reckon Foran will be out injured more than he's in the middle playing, because hamstring injuries are ones that just don't want to get better and Foran has had this one for too long..

Last edited:

ERP1994

New Pup
Reaction score
1. Mbye (untried but more of a runner and support player then organiser and has the passing for fb and the speed to create over laps and has no kicking game )
2.morris
3.morris
4.hopoate (he's a centre, too slow for other places in backline)
5.montoya
6.foran
7.frawley
8.woods
9.brown
10.klemmer
11.rfm
12.elliot
13.jackson
14.graham
15.tualau
16.to'omaga
17.fine or Eastwood

Based on who we still have on the roster and who's being signed
My 20c input for 2018
Team

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate foran is an old man now and Woods will be a fat slob after he has been introduced to all the kebab shops around Belmore. Nothing will change with these 2 coming in. There needs to be a culture change aka a complete clean out with exception of Jackson and klemmer.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The fraud will be still in charge so I'm not expecting shit.

A broken down half is not our saviour.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1) Montoya
2) B.Morris
3) Mbye
4) J.Morris
5) Hopoate
6) Foran
7) Cleeland
8) Woods
9) Woolford
10) Fualolo
11) Elliott
12) Jackson
13) Klemmer
14) Graham
15) Tualau
16) Frawley
17) RFM.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been looking at stats and closely analysing games and I think I have the perfect team here:

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Richard Kenner
4. Will Hopoate
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh cleeland
7. Kieran Foran
8. David klemmer
9. Brown
10. Aaron woods
11. Josh Jackson
12. RFM
13. Aiden tolman

14. James graham
15. Danny fualolo
16. Adam Elliot
17. Utility

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Im expecting some improvement next year but i doubt its enough to compete with the top 4 teams.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im expecting some improvement next year but i doubt its enough to compete with the top 4 teams.
Thats haslers game plan go so bad this year , no matter what next year will be an improvement. We will scrape the 8 des will mumble some shit about completions. Dib will give him another 2 year extension comparing him to Bellamy. Our children will be cursing us why we made them support the dogs because they have never seen a grand final win

Status
Not open for further replies.