2017 Australian Open Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was an epic final. I'll be honest though, I'm glad Federer won. I mean I know I support FC Barcelona and the Spanish national soccer team, but in Tennis, Nadal really shits me. I prefer Fernando Verdasco and David Ferrer over him. I mean it's just the way he is that I find annoying. He always has to be the final player who gets up to play (keeps his opponent waiting, much like QLD in SOO) and he has to have things like water bottles facing a certain way, sending rackets of mid-match to get re-strung (THERE'S NOTHING F**KING WRONG WITH THEM, AS IF ALL 3 WOULD SUDDENLY BECOME LOOSE), but worst of all was the 2014 Aus Open Final against Wawrinka, when he took an injury timeout when Stan was on top. He wanted to stop Stans momentum but taking it. FFS he really annoys me.

Roger on the other hand is a gentlemen and humble person.
I think that's a buit harsh on Rafa - I can see that he has a lot of weird rituals, but it would appear he and Roger have a lot of respect for each other.

Federer himself took a medical time out when struggling on the scoreline (end of 4th set from memory) - not that i'm suggesting anything funny about it.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was an epic final. I'll be honest though, I'm glad Federer won. I mean I know I support FC Barcelona and the Spanish national soccer team, but in Tennis, Nadal really shits me. I prefer Fernando Verdasco and David Ferrer over him. I mean it's just the way he is that I find annoying. He always has to be the final player who gets up to play (keeps his opponent waiting, much like QLD in SOO) and he has to have things like water bottles facing a certain way, sending rackets of mid-match to get re-strung (THERE'S NOTHING F**KING WRONG WITH THEM, AS IF ALL 3 WOULD SUDDENLY BECOME LOOSE), but worst of all was the 2014 Aus Open Final against Wawrinka, when he took an injury timeout when Stan was on top. He wanted to stop Stans momentum but taking it. FFS he really annoys me.

Roger on the other hand is a gentlemen and humble person.
Roger did the same thing against wawrinka which fkn burnt me but no one talks about that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Roger did the same thing against wawrinka which fkn burnt me but no one talks about that.
I don't remember that. Was it in a Grand Slam final? Who was on top at the time?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Rafa is confirmed to have OCD.
I do. Pretty bad OCD too. But he's something else. Having OCD doesn't require a medical timeout because you're getting your ass whooped in a tennis match.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think that's a buit harsh on Rafa - I can see that he has a lot of weird rituals, but it would appear he and Roger have a lot of respect for each other.

Federer himself took a medical time out when struggling on the scoreline (end of 4th set from memory) - not that i'm suggesting anything funny about it.
I know but it was 2 sets all in a very close game. When Rafa did it to Stan, Stan was so far on top, 2-1 sets up, and completely dominating.

Rafa challenging the winning shot from Roger was just stupid.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember that. Was it in a Grand Slam final? Who was on top at the time?
Against wawrinka the other night b4 hr got in the final. 5th set and wawrinka was well on top

Status
Not open for further replies.