2017 Australian Open Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok so we've had a few championships already decided this Summer:

2017 Hopman Cup Winners: France (defeated USA 2-1)

2017 Brisbane International:

Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) won the mens singles and Czech Karolína Plíšková has taken out the womens title.

The Women's only Hobart International begins today with some big names playing down south.

We have the APIA International here in Sydney already underway, and on Wednesday the exhibition Kooyong Classic gets underway.

Next week, the main event in Melbourne Park begins, the Australian Open. This will be the biggest one yet, with $50,000,000.00 in prize money to be given away, with, get this, both Mens and Womens singles winners both adding a record $3,700,000.00 to their career prize money.

Ready, and... PLAY!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I am really hoping for Eugenie Bouchard to prove something to her haters and hopefully go all the way in one of the tournaments this year. I feel for her, being a "victim of her own beauty" - receiving death threats for her appearance (jealous haters).

I'm also hoping Dominika Cibulková can build on her career high #5 ranking (current ranking) and go one better than her 2014 runner-up position at Melbourne Park.

From the Mens side, I hope anyone except Federer, Nadal, Murray and Joker go all the way. I'm really tired of the same 4 winning all the time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
World #5 Kei Nishikori is being pushed by unseeded Russian Andrey Kuznetsov. Wow!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Serious .. can someone at Tennis Australia cut this **** Nick Kyrios's funding... he's a shitstain on the underpants of Australian Tennis.

Fuck we are shit at Tennis though.
Mens Singles - Tomic, and 2 other blokes left (Thompson and Whittington).
Womans Singles - Barty and Gavrilova.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Horrible at tennis. Absolutely horrible. It's actually disgraceful to think that Canada, a country known for winter sports, have 2 athletes better than the Aussies.

I got a better idea. How about Tennis Australia STOP the ridiculous amount of prize money for winners ($3.7 million EACH) and invest some of that money into our academy to develop better players.

The Australian Open is considered the least prestigious among the 4 majors, so, in my opinion, if we are the least prestigious, LET'S PAY WINNERS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PRIZE MONEY FFS! But no, they chose to pay the most.

Brainless turds.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would not surprise me to read in the future of him match fixing.

2 sets up, points away from a win, and nuked it.

And it happens far too often.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Shock of the tournament so far, and Nicks loss is small compared to this. Novak, world #2, has been eliminated by by a 30 year old qualifier, world #117. Wow!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stosur should spend less time bench-pressing tractors and more time hitting tennis balls.
Fkn imposter.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh dear. Not looking good at all. I predict my Canadian baby is going to choke :(

Wahesh

Reaction score
AND FFS I JUST HAD TO BE RIGHT. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

CATASTROPHIC CONDITIONS AROUND ME RIGHT NOW. FARKKKKKKKKK

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And Dasha/Daria - whatever her name is. The hot midget from Russia.
Daria Gavrilova ??

AND FFS I JUST HAD TO BE RIGHT. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CATASTROPHIC CONDITIONS AROUND ME RIGHT NOW. FARKKKKKKKKK
Well since Ana has "retired", and Sharapova was done for doping, Eugenie was the pinup girl for Womans Tennis wasn't she?

Or is there someone hotter I've overlooked?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Daria Gavrilova ??
That must be the one. Why TF do they rafer to her as Dasha on channel 7?

Well since Ana has "retired", and Sharapova was done for doping, Eugenie was the pinup girl for Womans Tennis wasn't she?

Or is there someone hotter I've overlooked?
Mate, with or without Ana or Sharasheika, Eugenie has always been hotter. Always :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.