2014 World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread makes me sick to my stomach.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i wish australia hardens the **** up and puts in a world cup bid that wins ffs

get all these women here

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rodzilla said:
Germany vs Argentina final i think

germany will destroy brazil 7-1 tbh and Argentina will probably squeak by holland in extra time/penalties
ffs i can pick them

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
z donkey was a shit player and now he is a shit commentator
Lucy Zelic is easy on the eye but that's about it , her voice is annoying. Aytec Genc along with John Aloisi are decent well balanced analysts. Kalac looks like an undertaker, Ned Zelic slouches as if he's watching the football from his lounge in his underwear , Jason Culina needs to lighten up and Zdrilic is a zdeickhead.
And what's with this pro Croatian panel policy that SBS have?
Could be worse though, we could have been subjected to Craig Foster and Francis Awaritefe.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Lucy Zelic is easy on the eye but that's about it , her voice is annoying. Aytec Genc along with John Aloisi are decent well balanced analysts. Kalac looks like an undertaker, Ned Zelic slouches as if he's watching the football from his lounge in his underwear , Jason Culina needs to lighten up and Zdrilic is a zdeickhead.
And what's with this pro Croatian panel policy that SBS have?
Could be worse though, we could have been subjected to Craig Foster and Francis Awaritefe.
My god Craig foster does my head in

SOLIOLA

Waterboy
Reaction score
Argentina to win the world cup, i think the germans have peaked too early

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Argentina to win the world cup, i think the germans have peaked too early
I saw a good meme on facebook earlier that said:

"Portugal have Ronaldo, Brazil have Neymar, Argentina have Messi, Germany have a team"

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eedz pointed the meme out yesterday and it's 100% true.

Muller, Klose, Khedira, Ozil, Schweinsteiger, Schurrle, Neuer, Lahm, Hummels, Kroos etc and then you have guys like Podolski and Draxler on the bench. Just a well oiled machine.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's Jaggers' fault:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/10/mick-jagger-world-cup-curse-brazil

[h=2][/h]
[h=1]Mick Jagger: I didn't put World Cup curse on Brazil[/h]The Rolling Stones singer has a knack for backing the losing team in World Cup matches, and is now under siege on social media from angry Brazilians

• Share379

• in[COLOR=#333333 !important]Share
[/COLOR]

An attempt to use the Curse of Jagger against Argentina. Photo: AFP Photo/Odd Andersen/Getty Images

Since appearing at a USA game with Bill Clinton at the World Cup in 2010 - and subsequently watching them lose - Mick Jagger has become something of a footballing curse. After witnessing Germany's 7-1 thrashing of Brazil earlier this week, the Rolling Stones' singer has now been forced to defend himself against angry tirades on social media.
"I can take responsibility for the first German goal but not the other six!" he said, according to the Sun, after Brazilians dubbed him 'pé frio' ('cold foot'), meaning a jinx. Jagger watched the game in Belo Horizonte with his son Lucas, whose mother, model Luciana Giminez, is Brazilian. Giminez took to Instagram to defend Jagger after disgruntled Brazilians looked to deflect blame from David Luiz onto a 70-year-old rock star.
"He is suffering cyber bullying…and I would like to ask you guys who do this kind of bullying to think before you do it," wrote Giminez. "Even though it only seems like a small thing, Mick is a person like us all, and he does not deserve to be treated this way by Brazilians."
After witnessing (some might say ensuring) USA's loss to Ghana in 2010, he then supported Brazil in the quarter finals, who lost to the Netherlands, and also turned up to England's 4-1 loss to Germany.
Carrying his bad juju to the current World Cup, Jagger then tweeted support for England before their games against Italy and Uruguay, both matches the team went on to lose. He also told fans at Rolling Stones concerts in Portugal and Italy that their teams would go through to the knockout stages – where both teams failed to progress.
Brazil fans were therefore wise to the dreaded hand of Jagger, with one even creating a cardboard cutout of him with a speech bubble reading 'Let's Go Germany!' during Brazil's semi-final match in an effort to deflect the curse onto their opponents. Fans were also seen toting Photoshopped images of Jagger in an Argentina shirt to protect the Netherlands against the singer's capricious wrath during their own semi-final.
In the end, such tactics failed. The Netherlands and Brazil both lost, and Argentina and Germany will no doubt be praying he stays well away from the Maracana on Sunday as the competition reaches its climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.