2014 Auckland 9's Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give us a rundown on how the Doggies went?
Heard Barba and Stagg were both injured again for the Broncs.

N

Natboy

Can anyone give us a rundown on how the Doggies went?
Heard Barba and Stagg were both injured again for the Broncs.
For the first two games we played like a team who sent young guys and apart from our co-captain we picked probably our worst first graders.
We were flat, made silly mistakes & looked as slow as a wet week.
We lifted for the third game but never had the skill or experience to progress
The shining light were Mybe, O'Hanlon, Burr & Graham in my opinion
T-Rex was disappointing again. Barba faked injury again so he won't have to play against us in round 1 but will magically recover for round 2 meow

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to think offloading Barba is a good thing.

That ankle seems to be causing him some issues, and I wonder if it's going to be a constant cause of injury for him. Downside is it means Broncos are more likely to hang onto Hoffman "just incase" the injury of Barbas becomes an issue in his NRL career.

Keary out is a massive blow for Souths.
Ditto Mullen for Knights.

G

Grub

I took Keary too, with all the injuries, I am glad Des decided not to commit fully to the 9's
Those injuries could have happened in a trial, nines has nothing to do with it.
im disappointed we didn't give it a shot, I'm sure j Morris would have been pissed off not playing.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else think the Nines tournament would be better suited at the end of the season? That way not only are injuries not as big a concern, but we can also bring over Super League sides as well.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else think the Nines tournament would be better suited at the end of the season? That way not only are injuries not as big a concern, but we can also bring over Super League sides as well.
yeah I was just reading an article proposing a Club challenge type Auckland 9's with all the super league clubs involved would mean more teams in pools and a much longer tournament and prize money you would think.

G

Grub

End of season won't work, it was great watching it this weekend.
there was talk of maiming it January so the English clubs can play and if anyone gets injured then they have time to get ready for the comp.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Middle of summer though? The players would die out there. Not to mention I don't think it would get as much recognition in the middle of the off-season.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the amount of injuries to do with players not having a chance to play trials where they don't have to put much effort in?

I enjoyed the tournament but teams are not going to be unfairly disadvantaged in the normal nrl season.

PS thank jebus the Broncos didn't win.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im happy with dessies strategy in not risking key players but just think guys like trex could have had more of a go and sila/inu would have been alot better than brown and murphy

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I predict Barba to play a max of half the season.

Malla

Reaction score
Just shows how out of shape Barba is. He looked slow and out of sync out there. Bad reads in defence and no energy when running with the ball. His injury comes from him playing half heartedly, really. He went in at 50% and copped it... looks like he's going to have a long year. When you look at what Barba did in 2012, he should have eaten up the 9's format. It's bitter sweet though. Part of me is happy to see the f***wit fail, but the other half wants to see him happy and playing better footy. Oh well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
According to Griffin it's a unspecified foot injury to Barba..

I'd say it requires scans to mention anything more.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Griffin it's a unspecified foot injury to Barba..

I'd say it requires scans to mention anything more.
hows his grade 4 torn contract and grade 2 hyper ego? hahaha im trying to find that post of 2012.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a weekend away and just watched all the. 9s games geez how bad did we look in attack ? Almost every other team look so much smoother in attack , was painful to watch

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just got back from a weekend away and just watched all the. 9s games geez how bad did we look in attack ? Almost every other team look so much smoother in attack , was painful to watch
Mate it was our reserve grade side out there. We didn't even have an established halve in the side. It's a shock we even won one.

I wouldn't be too worried to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.