2013 Melbourne Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
That time of year again - post any tips,news etc and let's see if we can get the winner

N

Natboy

I backed Puissance de lune a year ago but heard it might be scratched
I always love mystery boxed trifectas in this race

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah Natboy I think the grey is out. I'm looking at brown panther and dandino atm even though they're questionable over the distance. Could do worse than fiorente as well but for some reason I think Gai is destined not to win it. don't ask me why lol. I agre on the mystery box tri's - perfect race to jag it.

I usually look for something flying home in the caulfield and dandino looked like it will love the flemo straight. let us know if u get tipped into anything.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've got no idea about horses whats a good value trifecta ??

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fioronte,dandino,dear demi will all run well box 5 horses if u want for about $15 bucks u get 100% of it

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Too many posts to multi quote so here goes ...

- The current order of entry can be found here -> http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/For...ate/2013-11-05/race/7/trackid/22/Default.aspx

- There are 3 qualifying races on Saturday (races 3,5,6). Winners of those are automatically entered for Melb Cup (Tuesday), however, they may still be scratched after racing on Saturday. The final field will be known by Sunday.

- Puissance De Lune (that grey horse who was favourite last year) = SCRATCHED !
- Dear Demi = Qualified ... (thanks to Polecat for the correction)
- Mount Athos = I backed it last year. Ran 5th by 3.2 lenghts. Keeps same weight as last year, but we got Williams on this time instead of the UK jockey.

- Trifectas = Box 4 runners ($24), 5 runners ($60), or 6 runners ($120). Select 'flexi bet' and you don't have to spend the whole amount. Say you only want to spent $12 on the bet instead of the full amount. Using the examples above you'd get either 50%, 20% and 10% of the trifecta payout, depending on how many selections you had.

- Bart Cummings = Don't back that *rsehole of a horse Precendence. Thing is a 9yo sh*t **** who only likes Moonee Valley.

More to come later ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I knew it .... I let slip I'm backing Mount Athos and it drifts in to $7.50.

PS : Mr O'Ceiran and Silent Achiever are OUT ! Kellinni goes into the 24th spot pending results on Saturday.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CK, Dear Demi is in the field, assured of a start

and

Joedog $15 will get you 25% of a a 5 horse boxed trifecta not 100%

Please don't act like the experts you obviously aren't.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
CK, Dear Demi is in the field, assured of a start

Please don't act like the experts you obviously aren't.
OK, OK .... You got me.
I was only going by the Racing Network link above.

The official actual current correct at 28/10/13 version of the Order of Entry is here : http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/portals/RL/featureraces/data/ooeoctober-28.pdf

Thank you for the spontaneous backhand for what was merely an innocent mistake.

Is it too early to suggest you request some bunch-less panties for Xmas ?

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wel whatever it costs I just thought id let the bloke know u can do that id know more about than you buddy

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Demi had a great cup trial in the mackinnon and should be value in a first four

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
1.Dandino
2.Brown Panther
3.Foreteller
4.Seville

boxed four, can't lose

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How funny is the owner of Mount Athos!! Even his trainer wasnt talking him up either.
said something after drawing barrier 22 - "Look at barrier 18 no horse has won from that either because there all sh*t!" LOL!!

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Voleuse De Coeurs... Run and won over the distance and drops in weight from last win over the distance. Barrier not too much of a concern, however Jockey could be!

Statistically, Jim Cassidy has never lost a Melb Cup, he is riding Hawkspur (favourite for the Caulfield cup only 2 weeks ago).

They should feature somewhere at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.