Jets training more often , he will go well playing
group 6 with Shannon Galant .. =P

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I will be seeing Benny around Narellan
Jets training more often , he will go well playing
group 6 with Shannon Galant .. =P
Hahaha is Galant really playing for the jets!! I think shifty Sherwin is coaching the rams this year with mitch newton

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Think you'll be seeing Roberts in French Rugby.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tonga has fallen from grace. Australian and QLD rep up until 2011 and now getting kicked out from the wooden spooners.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters 13+

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jar...-1226658852741

EELS co-captain Reni Maitua has withdrawn from tonight's clash against the Roosters after being told he's one of 12 players free to leave at the end of this season.

A devastated Maitua was split over whether to play upon receiving the news and has decided to sit out the match after coach Ricky Stuart gave him the option to have this weekend off.

Sources close to Maitua said it was still likely he will return to Eels training on Monday, although the coming 72 hours will be a crucial indicator to how the entire team will react after the biggest player clean-out in the club's 66-year history.

Fellow co-captain Jarryd Hayne yesterday launched an extraordinarily candid attack on the humiliating manner in which the club informed the dozen players they were no longer wanted.

While he understood the axe was inevitable after such a sustained run of poor results, Hayne could not comprehend why the victims needed to be informed of their fate in front of their peers at Wednesday morning's team meeting.

"What happened (on Wednesday) and how it happened was very disappointing," Hayne said.

"I was taken aback by the way it went down.

"It was disappointing to have mates and teammates put on show like that."

Eels CEO Ken Edwards and new chairman Steve Sharp stood alongside Stuart, who delivered the grim news.

The Daily Telegraph understands the club's new board appointed the trio to a "retention committee" shortly after being elected on May 11.

They gathered the entire first-grade squad on Wednesday morning, before splitting the team into three groups - Yes, No and Maybe.

Maitua, hooker Matt Keating, Matt Ryan and Willie Tonga were all classified as maybes - players who could still be retained should their form improve.

Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Luke Kelly, Ben Roberts, Ben Smith, Pat O'Hanlon and Nathan Smith were all told there was no future at the Eels beyond this year.

Asked how the team would respond, Hayne deadpanned: "I don't know."

He repeated the same answer when asked if they could beat the high-flying Roosters.

"It will be tough on them to play (tonight), knowing your club doesn't want you," Hayne said.

"Being told that in front of staff and your peers - it would be extremely hard."

Despite the embarrassment of Hayne's remarks, Edwards last night denied any problem with the NSW Origin fullback's decision to lash out in defence of his teammates.

"He's being honest and he's close to many of the players who received the tough news," Edwards said.

"The whole joint is hurting. It's not an easy time."

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A good coach can attract good players to their team. Thats is half their the job.

No-one is willing to sign with Parra but he will still sack half the team. Tough times ahead for Parra & their overrated coach.

S

Sharpy

parra need to do what penrith are doing and go back to their juniors, they have the second biggest junior league in the world behind penrith. they have a really strong base and they should be using this imo.
the only player id buy from parra is Loko, he will be a gun.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I'm hearing Parra might be replacing some of those players with a mighty, mighty signing.

In talks with none other than Adam Blair.

lmao there's no hope for them..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters 13+

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jar...-1226658852741

EELS co-captain Reni Maitua has withdrawn from tonight's clash against the Roosters after being told he's one of 12 players free to leave at the end of this season.

A devastated Maitua was split over whether to play upon receiving the news and has decided to sit out the match after coach Ricky Stuart gave him the option to have this weekend off.

Sources close to Maitua said it was still likely he will return to Eels training on Monday, although the coming 72 hours will be a crucial indicator to how the entire team will react after the biggest player clean-out in the club's 66-year history.

Fellow co-captain Jarryd Hayne yesterday launched an extraordinarily candid attack on the humiliating manner in which the club informed the dozen players they were no longer wanted.

While he understood the axe was inevitable after such a sustained run of poor results, Hayne could not comprehend why the victims needed to be informed of their fate in front of their peers at Wednesday morning's team meeting.

"What happened (on Wednesday) and how it happened was very disappointing," Hayne said.

"I was taken aback by the way it went down.

"It was disappointing to have mates and teammates put on show like that."

Eels CEO Ken Edwards and new chairman Steve Sharp stood alongside Stuart, who delivered the grim news.

The Daily Telegraph understands the club's new board appointed the trio to a "retention committee" shortly after being elected on May 11.

They gathered the entire first-grade squad on Wednesday morning, before splitting the team into three groups - Yes, No and Maybe.

Maitua, hooker Matt Keating, Matt Ryan and Willie Tonga were all classified as maybes - players who could still be retained should their form improve.

Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Luke Kelly, Ben Roberts, Ben Smith, Pat O'Hanlon and Nathan Smith were all told there was no future at the Eels beyond this year.

Asked how the team would respond, Hayne deadpanned: "I don't know."

He repeated the same answer when asked if they could beat the high-flying Roosters.

"It will be tough on them to play (tonight), knowing your club doesn't want you," Hayne said.

"Being told that in front of staff and your peers - it would be extremely hard."

Despite the embarrassment of Hayne's remarks, Edwards last night denied any problem with the NSW Origin fullback's decision to lash out in defence of his teammates.

"He's being honest and he's close to many of the players who received the tough news," Edwards said.

"The whole joint is hurting. It's not an easy time."
Are the Eels starting to crumble now?

Every team goes through a bad period but to do this during it is just a dog act to the players. I wouldn't want to play for Stuart if he told me the same news he gave to those 12 blokes and who is he going to attract even with money after dogging his own players?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reni is a weak **** .... I dont wanna play no more...

If I were him I would be playing as much as possible and as good as possible to try and land another contract, not sooking on the sidelines.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty poor form, it's like primary school, when everyone lines up and 2 kids pick their teams, the last few kids end up feeling like shit knowing they're not wanted. Demoralizing to say the least..

The last thing those poor saps need is to be told they'll be joining the centrelink line at the end of the regular season considering they have no hope in hell making the 8.

What's the biggest points difference I can bet on for the Eels v Jews game? 60+ probably wouldn't pay much, but it'd be worth having a winning ticket that say's "I over exaggerated and won!"

Don't be surprised if half the players come out bitter and snitch out the club for using certain banned substances or shitting all over the board and club in the media.

The clubs down fall has been much amusing to NRL fans, mainly us as rivals, but it's finally hit a point where it's quite sad, and you can't help but feel a little sorry for their fans and players. They're watching their club completely crumble beneath them in an attempt to "rebuild". Have they gone too far? Can they make it back from this? What sponsors would want to remain after all the shit that has hit the fan thus far?

I'll be the first to admit, we've put a lot of shit on their players, but the reality of it is, their board is worse than Manlys. It's as if the board has internal issues, but they all seem to come together when it comes down to humiliating their players publicly.
The reality is, the whole management hierarchy should of been cleaned out before the players, but it just happens that the board have decided to roll the dice first and hopefully buy a top 8 team before too many people realise where the problems really lie in that club, the ones who are hiding behind closed doors atm.

S

Sharpy

parra need to do what penrith are doing and go back to their juniors, they have the second biggest junior league in the world behind penrith. they have a really strong base and they should be using this imo.
the only player id buy from parra is Loko, he will be a gun.
some idiot gave me a thumbs down for my above post? wtf for? i guess they dont like jacob loko, what other first grade players play at 18? not many

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think since parra want Adam Blair they should try and make some kind of trade with parra for a player or two befor June 30 works better for both teams

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
some idiot gave me a thumbs down for my above post? wtf for? i guess they dont like jacob loko, what other first grade players play at 18? not many
Your getting cut cause someone gave you a thumbs down?
Lol, your on thekennel.. you have better chances getting gang raped by a bus full of super models than getting credit for something intelligent you may have posted.

You have come to the wrong place my friend.

S

Sharpy

Your getting cut cause someone gave you a thumbs down?
Lol, your on thekennel.. you have better chances getting gang raped by a bus full of super models than getting credit for something intelligent you may have posted.

You have come to the wrong place my friend.
lol yeh i know i just got another thumbs down for the same post.
ahhhh what a thought, gang raped by super models!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate Parra but Loko is a talent

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Is that the same Daniel Harrison as the one that went through the Bulldog ranks?
The red head that most people rated on here a while back?

Status
Not open for further replies.