[2013] Eels reportedly set to sack 12 NRL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
[h=1]Eels reportedly set to sack 12 NRL players[/h]AAP
Co-captain Reni Maitua is reportedly one of at least 12 players Ricky Stuart has told won't be retained at struggling NRL club Parramatta next year.
Eels chief executive Ken Edwards issued a statement on Wednesday announcing coach Stuart had told the playing squad the services of a group of players will be terminated after this season.
Fairfax Media says it's been told that Maitua, Matt Keating, Ben Smith, Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Nathan Smith, Pat O'Hanlon and Matthew Eisenhuth are among those on the way out.
Twelve rounds into his reign as coach, Stuart made the call on his playing squad with his team - wooden spooners last year - mired in 15th place on the ladder.
<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">Advertisement</small>
In a letter to Eels fans and members, Edwards said it was time for the playing group to be "accountable".
"Our members, fans and sponsors deserve and demand more than what we have achieved and today the Eels declare that enough is enough," he wrote.
"Some of these players are off contract at the completion of this season while the others are contracted for 2014 but have been told that they are not a part of the club's plans moving forward and have been offered early releases.
"Over a long period of time, there have been a lot of people who have lost their jobs at the Eels without the playing group ever being held accountable.
"As of today, the playing group is being held accountable.
Edwards said the club would not comment publicly on the specifics of who the players were or why they were not a part of the club's plans beyond 2013.
"We believe that through a full pre-season and the opening 12 weeks of the NRL competition, each player in our squad has been given every opportunity to perform at the expected level.
"Unfortunately, not all are up to the standards that we require.
"As we have said constantly, a winning team culture is not built overnight but, for it to develop, it is reliant on talent, belief and commitment.
"The club is building towards a brighter future for this football team and, however tough the decisions that must be made, they are made to deliver the club long-term sustainable success."

© 2013 AAP

Original source: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...et-to-sack-12-nrl-players-20130605-2npvf.html

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this a good thing for the Eels and is it a good look for them?

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
LOL Eels, what a shit fucking club. With an even shitter fucking coach. Sack Ricky first i say.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make the players accountable? Is obvious something is wrong with the retention and also coaching capabilities. Has nothing to do with the players. It's not like there running out wanting to be sacked. This board is an absolute joke. I say sack a couple but 12 players? Seriously this club never sieses to amaze me with there Fuked up board.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I read that all I can say is their f**ked

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How are they going to attract new players to their club now with this happening, seriously has their board sat down and actually thought about the image they are creating to the public and other players.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm expecting the Dragons and Panthers to be picking at whatever leaves this club tbh

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally we can take Ben Roberts back lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd have Maitua back

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow apparantly they sent an email out to members.

We are not even halfway through the season, this could cause massive discontent within the squad.

I almost feel sorry for Eels fans.....almost :b

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make the players accountable? Is obvious something is wrong with the retention and also coaching capabilities. Has nothing to do with the players. It's not like there running out wanting to be sacked. This board is an absolute joke. I say sack a couple but 12 players? Seriously this club never sieses to amaze me with there Fuked up board.
It's probably best for us(bulldogs fans) that they are such a joke on and off the field. We had some serious talent off contract at the end of the season and you'd think a struggling team would have at least made a play to recruit one if not all of Tolman, Pritchard, Reynolds or Eastwood.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
If you don't want it to be moved, change the thread title....

For the record, none of those players are worth signing.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you don't want it to be moved, change the thread title....

For the record, none of those players are worth signing.
Mohammad said he'd have Reni Matiua

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
will need a mimi skip to fit all the rubbish in that parra is throwing out, maybe it will help, but I think its a lot more then players who need throwing out

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
None imo don't need to sign up every player that are on the market. We all know what we really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.