2005 Slipping Away - So What!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk from some "fans" about the Dog's poor season so far.

Whilever there is a mathematical chance that we can make the finals I will continue to be optimistic. But, let's get serious; even if our year is over already; -out of adversity comes salvation.

If, and I stress, If, 2005 is not to be a great year for the Dogs, it has laid out the building blocks for a great comeback. The huge injury toll has pushed some cream to the top with young players standing up to be counted and punching well above their weight. Necessity has discovered a pool of talent ready to bloom and become the next generation of Doggie superstars.

Some of these pups will now develop much sooner than expected and flood our side with talent when talent will be needed.

Who would have thought that we could see Willy Mason partnering Nate Myles, or Charlie Tonga lining up with Bobcat- yet it might happen.
With half of our regulars back, and this team of youngbloods, we can even afford to lose Anasta and Mason yet still be the most feared team in the league!

For those who don't have the attention span to read all of the above, the story was "Dogs getting better soon".

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Im backing us for the comp this year. But yes good point.

Grrr

proud to be a bulldog
Reaction score
Great post, even if we dont make the 8 this year which i think we will, there is ALWAYS next year

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Great post Chris, The Dogs have always thrived under adversity and even if we don't make it back this year at least we know that the young guys have gained valuable experience for next years assault.

I still think we can make it into the 8 and from there anything can happen.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Dogs will make the final, and then they'll make the GF ;)
But yes its good all these youngs guys are getting experience in teh top side!

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
i have a feeling the dogs will make the finals once we get all tha players that we need back from injury but yeh iam sticking by tha dogs not matter what happens to them

T

TdoggBulldog

Exactly what ive bin sayin for ages, our young guns are now just as good as some 1st grade players, so when we get our first grade players back we have the most feared and powerful bench again... im still backin us for BACK 2 BACK PREMIERS!

T

TdoggBulldog

im goin 2 bed... haha in my jersey again yes represent.. haha goodnight

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By round 17-18 we have to win at least 3-4 games by then. After that we get a few players back, including Sonny, Mason (possibly), Myles, Tonga. This will lift our team

H

Hazmak

Rnd 17 is too late for a turn around. We need to beat Melbourne on Saturday, and then go undefeated for the rest of the season.

F

Forum Idiot

I am not expecting anything this season , just a rebuilding period for the club , but if we do manage to pull off a miracle and win it this year I would be very greatful.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i cnt realli say im expecting them 2 win the comp but at least have unleashed sum new talent within the team....i will b happi if they even make the top eight this year and all i can du is hope for the best

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bulldogs will be there on that glory day in october. its not like the dogs cant string a few wins together. **** we have the second highest amount of games won in a row before, mite not be the same team but the boys will step up.

bulldogs are going to show storm that melbourne is a gayfl state not a real mans game state!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.