2004 vs 2013 Dogs War Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a typo, guys. He meant to go from Lock down.

I'm gonna go with our bad MF'ers of '04. Our current forwards have more skill but our '04 forward would and did murder anyone.
Oh yeah, skill is a nice thing to have but it does you no good when the other guy has killed ya.

Our explosive '04 bench was what set us apart from the rest IMO. Our bench made up of Asotasi, Maitua and Williams was better than most other teams run-on choices.
In 2004 we had a bench of four hard nosed forwards that gave the opposition no relief.
But, if our 2013 guys put their skills together with commitment and aggression we might not be as good as the 2004 crew but we would shake up any pack in this comp.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its difficult to compare as they are almost 10 yrs apart. Footy has changed and so have the roles in teams. But Yeah 2004.... Perfect for their positions.

Another thing we have compensated in is Size and lateral ball skills so they are quite even in their own right. I still think we have an Awesome pack, BEST in the league on their day and the BEST PART NEXT YR THEY"LL BE BETTER!!!!!! MUHAHAHA!!!

I wasnt bullshiting when I said we have a genuine chance of making it 4 grand finals in a row =))))))))

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It's a typo, guys. He meant to go from Lock down.

I'm gonna go with our bad MF'ers of '04. Our current forwards have more skill but our '04 forward would and did murder anyone.
The only forward pack that came close in that year were the Broncos who pretty much had a QLD forward pack but we still murdered them up at Suncorp that year.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only forward pack that came close in that year were the Broncos who pretty much had a QLD forward pack but we still murdered them up at Suncorp that year.
Yeah don't think any other pack besides the broncos and maybe the roosters could match it with the dogs of '04'.

Ironic how all our bench players became leaders of other clubs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think people need to remember the pack of 04 dominated while this pack can't shoulder charge, Frank & Kas & Eastwood & T Williams could all pull some huge bell ringers like the old pack if given the chance and did last year, I think that rule will be fixed this off season and allow us to have some more fear added to our pack.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Every team this year bar tigers and eels would towel up our 04 side.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Every team this year bar tigers and eels would towel up our 04 side.
is that because they are now 9 years older or because the theory that the players get better?

i think if you reunite the team today it would be competitive

well the forward pack would be at least, but too many retired backs

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8. Graham
9. Ennis
10. Price
11. Pritchard
12. Ryan
13. Eastwood

14. Halatau
15. SBW
16. Kasiano
17. Mason

Need balance on the bench and Dene and SBW bring skills and power.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs of war was more a mentality that the players had and I think it is all that's missing from us having that same intimidation factor and the domination that we are missing, everything has to be at 100% and we need that pack mentality, us against them and no friendly shit, when they step on the field they should hate the other team until the whistle blows at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.