2004 NRL Premiers Cookies

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being in lockdown has given me the chance to go through parts of the house and garage that i havent sorted out in ages..

I Went through a drawer that hasnt been opened forever and at the very bottom i find this.. Unopened tin of butter cookies..

Completely forgot about it..

And the wrapper is still intact..
20200415_183537-720x1280.jpg 20200415_183608-1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One day a rich Bulldogs fan somewhere will pay you big bikkies for those little bikkies.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Coles sold these tins in 2012

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Being in lockdown has given me the chance to go through parts of the house and garage that i havent sorted out in ages..

I Went through a drawer that hasnt been opened forever and at the very bottom i find this..

Was bought post GF in 2004 or early 2005..

View attachment 14520 View attachment 14521
I have 2 of these tins. One for home and one for my looker at work. Got mine from Coles sometime around 2012-2013.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One day a rich Bulldogs fan somewhere will pay you big bikkies for those little bikkies.
Scared to open it now.. These very old cookies from Malaysia may unleash a second strain of Corona Virus onto the world..

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I Went through a drawer that hasnt been opened forever and at the very bottom i find this.. Unopened tin of butter cookies..

Nice. I have a polo shirt, signed by half of the team.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Its probably full of your nan's sewing equipment TBH.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well the very first thing that I thought when I saw that was that they're using a logo we created in 2009 for a 2004 Premiership lol...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah, I also have one of those still intact. Not even game to open and look at the biscuits although with the amount of sugar in them they are probably still going strong. Going through some of my bulldogs stuff that I have finally liberated after many years I found the old stimorol footy cards released in the 90"s and I know that somewhere I have both sets of the Abba Scanlen pink and blue card sets. Funny what we collect over the years.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I also have one of those still intact. Not even game to open and look at the biscuits although with the amount of sugar in them they are probably still going strong. Going through some of my bulldogs stuff that I have finally liberated after many years I found the old stimorol footy cards released in the 90"s and I know that somewhere I have both sets of the Abba Scanlen pink and blue card sets. Funny what we collect over the years.
Assume you don’t still have the gum that used to come in the footy card packs... :-).

I’ll never forget those games of ‘flicks’, ‘tops’ and ‘unders’ with footy cards at school...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Assume you don’t still have the gum that used to come in the footy card packs... :-).

I’ll never forget those games of ‘flicks’, ‘tops’ and ‘unders’ with footy cards at school...
No but believe it or not there is still a slight trace of the gum smell on a few of the cards...although how much of that is fond memories is anyone's guess.

Stimorol chewy was not the tastiest gum from memory was a grey colour under the candy shell, the scanlens pink gum on the other hand at least had a nicer taste.

Found stickers etc as well from the Telegraph...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No but believe it or not there is still a slight trace of the gum smell on a few of the cards...although how much of that is fond memories is anyone's guess.

Stimorol chewy was not the tastiest gum from memory was a grey colour under the candy shell, the scanlens pink gum on the other hand at least had a nicer taste.

Found stickers etc as well from the Telegraph...
Classic. Yes I remember the Scanlens pink gum well and how it used to leave not only a smell but a fine pink dust inside the footy card pack :-).

I also remember the sticker books and I kept them for years. They might still be in a box somewhere after several moves over the years but not sure. I remember they used to have a description of some sort under the players name and sticker/photo and the one I remember the most was Terry Lamb in the ‘84 edition that was tagged ‘Bulldogs Big Buy’ - how accurate that turned out to be :-).