20/40

Malla

Reaction score
The kick for touch off a 20 tap is a good play, nobody does it anymore tho

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Promotes attacking football.

But like the "optional 20 m restart" - teams will not go for it unless out of necessity (ie - pinned in their 20).

Good luck with it NRL. If this there attempt to promote attacking football to make up for the state of mockery the game is in - good luck!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like it. If a team can't manage to make 20m in a set why should they get a chance at a potential get out of jail free card plus benefits.

Also might encourage fullbacks to employ a kick as a kick return, which is shit.

that's similar to why I hate the 7 tackle set.... team can be on the back foot but get 7 tackles if a kick goes a mm too far.... I think the 7 tackles should only apply for certain situations

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
that's similar to why I hate the 7 tackle set.... team can be on the back foot but get 7 tackles if a kick goes a mm too far.... I think the 7 tackles should only apply for certain situations
I hate 7 tackles for the same reason. Would be hard to police but 7 tackles should only apply when the kicker deliberately kicks it dead for yardage gain.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate 7 tackles for the same reason. Would be hard to police but 7 tackles should only apply when the kicker deliberately kicks it dead for yardage gain.

Yeah it would be hard.... And I do like the rule for that reason of not being able to take the fullbacks out of the game in some regard... but my biggest beef with the 7 tackle rule, is teams who are punished for going for the field goal.. like you're trying to win your team a game, miss by inches, opposition rolls up field and wins

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't mind it. You watch this place the first time we pull one off... "Fuck that was a good rule change"
Until we dominate in defence pinning them on their own line, and then some **** with a big boot hoofs it downfield and gets a restart.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunch of fucking idiots. Name me one person who was crying out for this change. These fuckwits change rules just for the sake of changing rules.

How bout fixing the shit first

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can see teams trying this from scrums around the 20m mark.

Huge reward if the attacking team drop the ball on your line, you're getting hammered with repeat sets, and you can fire a sneaky one from the scrum and land up in their 40.

With big kickers like Lewis, this could benefit us greatly as we've always lacked oompf to get out of our half.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until we dominate in defence pinning them on their own line, and then some **** with a big boot hoofs it downfield and gets a restart.
Yeah well it can go both ways obviously. I'm just saying everyone shitting on the rule will be loving it when it comes off for us

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well it can go both ways obviously. I'm just saying everyone shitting on the rule will be loving it when it comes off for us
Nah not necessary.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not to mention if the scores are tied with 5 to go.

I still cannot believe they have not gotten rid of golden point.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to mention if the scores are tied with 5 to go.

I still cannot believe they have not gotten rid of golden point.

yeah GP is all for the viewers but really unfair for the players...especially because it's not even officiated the same as the 80 they just played; a draw in regular season would be fine

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like it. If a team can't manage to make 20m in a set why should they get a chance at a potential get out of jail free card plus benefits.

Also might encourage fullbacks to employ a kick as a kick return, which is shit.
Totally agree!
Imagine belting a team for a set of 6 in there redzone and them getting rewarded for it because they have a half or 5/8 with a good kicking game.
Such a stupid rule to try and bring out

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They change the rules,they have been doing it for years and making the game worse. Every year it’s a new rule like they have a duty to announce a new rule. Most successful sports leave the rules alone like soccer, tennis you can on. Everyone that watches these sports know what the rules are because they don’t get changed. NRL the Refs and commentators are confused themselves about what rule is what as why they brought in the bunker to help the ref and I’m sure at times they disagree among themselves. even us poor supporters at times are confused. Commentators argue on a high shot, shoulder charge, shepherd, knock on etc.. I knew what high shot was and others I mentioned 20 years ago today well who knows. Greenberg and Beattie need to resign before more damage is done.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem is, for every shit rule they bring in, they take out one that made us love the game in the first place.... I was watching some of our 2004 footage the other day and just wondering how many times a whistle would have blown if those games were played in the modern era